PDA

View Full Version : Almost half of US Births paid for by Medicade

Arbo
09-08-2013, 06:43 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/08/Almost-Half-of-U-S-Births-Covered-by-Medicaid

According to researchers from the George Washington University (GWU) School of Public Health, in 2010, almost half of all births in the United States were paid for by Medicaid, and that rate is only going to go up. Medicaid was responsible for 48% of the 3.8 million births in 2010, an increase of 90,000 births from 2008, which was an 8% increase during that period.

If you are going to have kids, shouldn't you be able to afford it, rather than have government paying for it?

Jeff
09-09-2013, 04:31 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/08/Almost-Half-of-U-S-Births-Covered-by-Medicaid

If you are going to have kids, shouldn't you be able to afford it, rather than have government paying for it?

It has become the norm for people these days , I hear young people talk about having babies and right away I hear that you can get this from WIC and this from here , children are expensive and you are 100% correct if ya can't afford them don't have them. If ya can't afford them when they are babies it only gets worse as time goes on, my youngest boys are playing Travel baseball now and man does that get costly, with 2 playing it is really high, a simple weekend of baseball cost $80 just to enter the tournament then ya have to either travel or get a hotel room ( thank goodness we where only playing like 60 miles away but that is still a full tank of gas at the end of the weekend) then ya have food and drinks ( ya wind up eating all 3 meals out, we left the house at 7 am Saturday so yes breakfast is included and didn't get home till late, then had to be back at the field Sunday by 10 am ) and that is just the cost of one weekend , on top of that ya have the Gloves ( the boys just got in fielder gloves ) I had never even heard of them but they cost over $200 each and of course they have to have a special Bat ( they can go from $150 up to about $600) and of course my boys are only 10 months apart but there is a big size difference so no sharing , then Colt ( the older one ) has out grown his kleets all ready ( since spring ) so he needs new ones there , and all this is for something that isn't necessary( well according to the kids it is ) so these young people having children now a days need to look at what they are getting into.