PDA

View Full Version : Why Obama is floundering.

Arbo
09-09-2013, 03:02 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/09/why_obama_is_floundering.html

Throughout his rise to prominence, through elite schools and with no particular professional achievements other than rocketing through elective office to the presidency, Barack Obama has never had to face serious consequences for foolish utterances. He has been protected by his race; leftist actor Ed Asner recently admitted, "A lot of people don't want to feel anti-black by being opposed to Obama." This same sentiment no doubt existed throughout his journey through higher education as student and lecturer. I doubt anybody ever laid a glove on him intellectually, forcing him to defend himself in an academic disagreement. To even the limited extent words ever have consequences in academia, Obama was able to check the résumé box of academic position at a prestigious university without ever actually defending a thesis, presenting or publishing an academic paper, or even engaging in faculty lounge discussions. He was a loner, outside the faculty social group at the University of Chicago.

I think this is all very well said. How can anybody with zero experience have a clue what they are doing? Even as he was elected a 2nd time it would be fair to say he was still he least qualified candidate for the job, even though he was in it the previous 4 years.

fj1200
09-09-2013, 03:09 PM
That's a bad recipe for success on top of an absolutely hideous ideology. The fact that his ideology wasn't even tested in liberal academia says something too.

Marcus Aurelius
09-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Bummer. I thought Obama had gone on a fishing trip during a crisis or something.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Bummer. I thought Obama had gone on a fishing trip during a crisis or something. Not unless one of the really nice and pricey Golf courses offers in house fishing too. :laugh2:--Tyr