PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR penalizes Michael Waltrip Racing for Richmond actions; Ryan Newman now in the

Jeff
09-09-2013, 09:52 PM
This penalty is worthless , the guy that caused the Caution is still in the chase , not much punishment for him and if they think the points hurt him he is still in the same position for the start of the chase as for the money he will male that back after the first race .

MWR was found to have violated Section 12-4 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing). As a result, MWR’s three teams in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (No. 15, 55, 56) have been penalized with the loss of 50 championship driver and 50 championship owner points, respectively.
These point penalties are assessed following the season’s 26th regular season race and not after the seeding for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Therefore, the point total for the No. 56 car driven by Martin Truex Jr. is reduced to 691, putting him in 17th position and eliminating him from the second Wild Card berth for the Chase field. Ryan Newman, driver of the No. 39 car, now moves up into the Chase as the second Wild Card participant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/nascar-penalizes-michael-waltrip-racing-richmond-actions-ryan-001312049--nascar.html

SassyLady
09-11-2013, 01:26 AM
This penalty is worthless , the guy that caused the Caution is still in the chase , not much punishment for him and if they think the points hurt him he is still in the same position for the start of the chase as for the money he will male that back after the first race .

MWR was found to have violated Section 12-4 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing). As a result, MWR’s three teams in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (No. 15, 55, 56) have been penalized with the loss of 50 championship driver and 50 championship owner points, respectively.
These point penalties are assessed following the season’s 26th regular season race and not after the seeding for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Therefore, the point total for the No. 56 car driven by Martin Truex Jr. is reduced to 691, putting him in 17th position and eliminating him from the second Wild Card berth for the Chase field. Ryan Newman, driver of the No. 39 car, now moves up into the Chase as the second Wild Card participant.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/nascar-penalizes-michael-waltrip-racing-richmond-actions-ryan-001312049--nascar.html

Was it Bowyer that spun bringing out the caution? I didn't realize they were going to be penalized for that. Hmmmmm.....

jimnyc
09-11-2013, 07:25 AM
It royally sucks that Gordon is still out of the chase now that the dust has settled. With less than 10 laps he as well had a spot in the chase locked up. After Bowyer's intentional spin, then a few teammates also pitted during green in the last 3-4 laps so that Logano could move up 2 spots and steal Gordon's spot. I don't know the answers on how to solve something like this, I just know Gordon got robbed!

Jeff
09-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Was it Bowyer that spun bringing out the caution? I didn't realize they were going to be penalized for that. Hmmmmm.....
Yes it was Bowyer who spun and it is not uncommon , Dale Jr did it a few years back because he needed a caution and would of been fine but he admitted it after the race , the problem lies with MWR received major penalties but all they did was knock Truex out of the chase , Bowyer who caused the caution was going to start 7th in the chase and after losing 50 points will still start 7th

It royally sucks that Gordon is still out of the chase now that the dust has settled. With less than 10 laps he as well had a spot in the chase locked up. After Bowyer's intentional spin, then a few teammates also pitted during green in the last 3-4 laps so that Logano could move up 2 spots and steal Gordon's spot. I don't know the answers on how to solve something like this, I just know Gordon got robbed!Jim he spun just so Truex could get into the pits and change tires which allowed him to drive up far enough to get into the chase but after the point deduction he was knocked out anyway, and your exactly right at the time of the spin Gordon was in the chase with a solid # 10 starting position

What makes this so bad is this is the second time MWR has been caught out right cheating, they are a relative new team and there very first race in Daytona ( I guess about 5 years ago or so ) they where caught running rocket fuel, this team should of had all there cars pulled from the chase and been told there will be no chase for them next year as well, I have seen teams punished a lot worse for simply getting into the grey area and getting caught during a pre race inspection ( not causing anyone a spot in a race ) I guess it must be nice to have your brother so big in Nascar that you can do as you want and get a slap on the wrist while other teams get worse for drilling out the wholes in the rivets on the deck lid trying to get the cars to handle better .