PDA

View Full Version : Has Congress Approved that Tramp Stamp?

Jeff
09-09-2013, 10:10 PM
What a waste of time and effort, there is so much more our Government could be doing than making rules for Tattoo's .

Thank GOODNESS! Washington is finally focusing their energy and manpower on tackling an important issue! They’ve now decided to manage a new area of our lives. Guns, religion, business, marriage – that’s old news. They’re finally focusing on what matters – tramp stamps. I’m not making this up. See for yourself in this 66-page page draft regarding “body art” that the Health Department just released.

http://genfringe.com/2013/09/congress-approved-tramp-stamp/

PostmodernProphet
09-09-2013, 10:56 PM
What a waste of time and effort, there is so much more our Government could be doing than making rules for Tattoo's .

http://genfringe.com/2013/09/congress-approved-tramp-stamp/

I wish we had smarter reporters......these are the regulations the reporter was referring to.....

The 66-page package of draft regulations governing the "body art" industry released Friday by the city health department
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/local/health-department-draft-regulations/440/

fj1200
09-10-2013, 06:44 AM
I wish we had smarter reporters.....

I wish we had smarter right-wing bloggers.

Marcus Aurelius
09-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Yes. it's the D.C. city health department, but the draft (if adopted) would be implementing a 24-hour waiting period, according to the actual document from the health department.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/local/health-department-draft-regulations/440/

PRE-OPERATING PROCEDURES ─ WAITING PERIOD, TATTOOS &BODY-PIERCINGS
204.1 The licensee or operator of a body art establishment shall ensure that no tattoo artist applies any tattoo to a customer until after twenty-four (24) hours have passed since the customer first requested the tattoo.

204.2 The licensee or operator of a body art establishment shall ensure that no body- piercer shall body-pierce a customer until after twenty-four (24) hours have passed since the customer first requested the body-piercing.

204.3 The licensee or operator shall ensure that no body artist or body art establishment shall bind or attempt to bind a customer to committing to obtaining a tattoo or body- piercing, or bind or attempt to bind a customer into paying for a tattoo or body- piercing upon signing the Twenty-four (24) Hour Waiting Period Acknowledgment Form.

Again, this all assumes the proposed regulation is adopted.

Jeff
09-10-2013, 08:14 AM
I am not real sure what y'all are complaining about, again does our elected officials have nothing better to do than write laws for something any grown adult could figure out for themselves , PMP posted the REAL laws , guess what many are already there , fj wishes I was smarter ( why is that because you don't like tatts don't have any and more than likley don't care about them ) the article was about what a waste of time this was to write it up or even to think of these laws , but I guess y'all are right with gas hoovering around $4.00 a gallon , unemployment out of control, Syria on the horizon yes we should worry about someone getting a tattoo :poke:

Marcus Aurelius
09-10-2013, 08:20 AM
I am not real sure what y'all are complaining about, again does our elected officials have nothing better to do than write laws for something any grown adult could figure out for themselves , PMP posted the REAL laws , guess what many are already there , fj wishes I was smarter ( why is that because you don't like tatts don't have any and more than likley don't care about them ) the article was about what a waste of time this was to write it up or even to think of these laws , but I guess y'all are right with gas hoovering around $4.00 a gallon , unemployment out of control, Syria on the horizon yes we should worry about someone getting a tattoo :poke:

I think his point was that it's not 'Congress' trying this, but the local D.C. health department. Still, it's an over reach and imposition in my opinion.

Jeff
09-10-2013, 08:37 AM
I think his point was that it's not 'Congress' trying this, but the local D.C. health department. Still, it's an over reach and imposition in my opinion.

OK I understand and stand corrected but like you I still see it as a waste of time , as for fj well I posted what the article stated so that makes me wrong, ooo well I wont lose no sleep

fj1200
09-10-2013, 09:42 AM
OK I understand and stand corrected but like you I still see it as a waste of time , as for fj well I posted what the article stated so that makes me wrong, ooo well I wont lose no sleep

Sorry, no offense meant except for the bloggers that don't seem to do much fact checking. Looking again though it does mention the DC health department before the mock letter to BO.

But no, I don't have a problem with tattoos, and no I don't have one.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-10-2013, 10:01 AM
I am not real sure what y'all are complaining about, again does our elected officials have nothing better to do than write laws for something any grown adult could figure out for themselves , PMP posted the REAL laws , guess what many are already there , fj wishes I was smarter ( why is that because you don't like tatts don't have any and more than likley don't care about them ) the article was about what a waste of time this was to write it up or even to think of these laws , but I guess y'all are right with gas hoovering around $4.00 a gallon , unemployment out of control, Syria on the horizon yes we should worry about someone getting a tattoo :poke: That's a good and valid point. Too m any following Obama's lead. Don't address the real and hard problems just mess around with the small stuff or even made up so-called problems. Jobs and the bad economy were the two biggest problems we faced when Obama came in the first term, what did he do? He spent his first term getting in obamacare. Jobs and bad economy still our biggest problems his second term, what did he do? Started a crusade against guns and trying to nullify the 2nd Amendment! And every time it looks like the people are starting to get riled up suddenly another crisis appears to distract them and save his sorry ass! Too many crisis's conveniently coming around just in the nick of time for some of them not to be manufactured simply to save his worthless hide.--Tyr