PDA

View Full Version : 3 days now...

jackass
01-25-2007, 12:43 AM
Well I got pretty sick the other day and finally went to the Dr today. Not sure what I have but I am on 2 steroids(1 pill 1 breathalizer), 1 antibiotic (pill) and another breatalizer to open up my lungs for the medicine to get all the way into my lungs.
Anyway..was coughing very badly and couldnt breathe very well I decided (not actually a consciece decision) to quit smoking. I realized after the first day that I hadnt smoked one at all and decided to see if I could do it the next day. That was succesfull too. I even have been drinking extra coffee to help my breathing and driving more. (2 times I usually smoke alot).
So far so good. The first 2 days I dont think I even had a nic fit at all. Today I did get a pretty good one, but I thought about something different and it went away pretty quickly. I hope that I learned from the last time I quit for 3 months. You CANT have just one!!

neener
01-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Good Luck!!

I'm three months w/out one on Sunday, I feel your pain!

:beer:

Pale Rider
01-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Good luck man. I go through the quiting battle myself. I'll quit for weeks, even months sometimes, then it's just that "thing". I'll be out having a few beers, watch someone light up, and it'll hit me like a ton of bricks, I REALLY WANNA CIGARETTE! It's hard to NOT have one... :(

Mr. P
01-25-2007, 01:09 AM
My Mother inlaw just died last Friday from COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) common for smokers. Odd though, she never smoked.

Good luck and stick with it!!!:thumb:

jackass
01-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Thanks guys!! I will try my best.

Mr. P
01-25-2007, 01:26 AM
Thanks guys!! I will try my best.

Hey, you already quit..do you want to start smoking now?

jackass
01-25-2007, 07:17 AM
No not at all. It is amazing the affect that it has on you. Sometimes it will hit you like a mack truck.

jimnyc
01-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Well I got pretty sick the other day and finally went to the Dr today. Not sure what I have but I am on 2 steroids(1 pill 1 breathalizer), 1 antibiotic (pill) and another breatalizer to open up my lungs for the medicine to get all the way into my lungs.
Anyway..was coughing very badly and couldnt breathe very well I decided (not actually a consciece decision) to quit smoking. I realized after the first day that I hadnt smoked one at all and decided to see if I could do it the next day. That was succesfull too. I even have been drinking extra coffee to help my breathing and driving more. (2 times I usually smoke alot).
So far so good. The first 2 days I dont think I even had a nic fit at all. Today I did get a pretty good one, but I thought about something different and it went away pretty quickly. I hope that I learned from the last time I quit for 3 months. You CANT have just one!!

I hope you choke on your newly found breathing. :upyours:

I tried again, lasted about an hour.... And that's when I took a nap. :(

jackass
01-25-2007, 11:16 AM
I hope you choke on your newly found breathing. :upyours:

I tried again, lasted about an hour.... And that's when I took a nap. :(

Hahaha..thanks Jimbo!! Im still not breathing right. Still coughing. I have to pick up one more med today and see how that does.

On a side note...my biceps are huge now....but I cant find my testicles!! :eek:

jimnyc
01-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Hahaha..thanks Jimbo!! Im still not breathing right. Still coughing. I have to pick up one more med today and see how that does.

You're married, you don't need them anymore

manu1959
01-25-2007, 11:39 AM

when i quit i coughed for a year while my lungs healed....lots of advair and coffee.....

best of luck to you

retiredman
01-25-2007, 11:40 AM
I have a doctor friend of mine that I regularly golf with...he said that nicotine is more addicting than heroine and a tougher habit to break. that's pretty scary

jimnyc
01-25-2007, 11:51 AM
I have a doctor friend of mine that I regularly golf with...he said that nicotine is more addicting than heroine and a tougher habit to break. that's pretty scary

Thanks for helping me believe I can one day stop! LOL

I think your buddy is right though. I don't have an awful lot to compare it to, and certainly not heroin, but it seems nearly impossible at times to stop.

In all seriousness, best of luck to ya, Chucky! Think of me when you're suffering, and dying for a puff - I'll be outside with my smoke laughing at you!

jackass
01-25-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks for helping me believe I can one day stop! LOL

I think your buddy is right though. I don't have an awful lot to compare it to, and certainly not heroin, but it seems nearly impossible at times to stop.

In all seriousness, best of luck to ya, Chucky! Think of me when you're suffering, and dying for a puff - I'll be outside with my smoke laughing at you!

Thanks Jimbo...but to make it even harder...my sister is living with us and she is still a smoker!! Good thing I have never let anyone smoke in the house!! :)