PDA

View Full Version : Obama Admits Syria Isn't A Threat To US

Kathianne
09-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Bottom line, that is a reason NOT to be aggressor:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/09/world/meast/syria-civil-war/

Syria chemical arms plan promising 'if it's real,' Obama says <!--endclickprintinclude--><!--startclickprintexclude--> <!--no partner--> By Matt Smith and Catherine E. Shoichet, CNN
updated 7:06 AM EDT, Tue September 10, 2013

(CNN) -- Facing weak support for U.S. military action, President Barack Obama said Monday that a plan to have Syria hand its chemical arsenal over to international control could avert American strikes "if it's real."

"It's certainly a positive development when the Russians and Syrians both make gestures towards dealing with these chemical weapons," President Barack Obama told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Monday. But Obama said the threat of American force would remain, "And we don't want just a stalling or delaying tactic to put off the pressure that we have on there right now."

The Russian proposal came after comments by Secretary of State John Kerry earlier Monday -- remarks that the State Department said were meant to be rhetorical, but which Lavrov proposed concretely.

Asked during a stop in London whether there was anything Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's government could do or offer that would stop an attack, Kerry said that al-Assad "could turn over every single bit of his chemical weapons to the international community in the next week" -- adding, "He isn't about to do it, and it can't be done, obviously."

White House spokesman Jay Carney said Washington remained "highly skeptical" of the Syrian regime. But Obama told CNN, "We have not seen these kinds of gestures up until now," suggesting his threat of force had prompted "some interesting conversations."

"We're going to run this to ground," the president said. "And John Kerry and the rest of my national security team will engage with the Russians and the international community to see, can we arrive at something that is enforceable and serious."

'Expect everything' if U.S. attacks, al-Assad says

Al-Assad warned Monday that his country would lash out in potentially unpredictable ways after a U.S. military strike, telling CBS, "You should expect everything." He sidestepped the question of whether he would use chemical weapons against Western forces, but invoked the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington to warn that military action has unforeseen consequences.

"It is difficult for anyone to tell you what is going to happen," he said. "It's an area where everything is on the brink of explosion."

But on CNN's "The Situation Room," Obama snapped back that Syria is no threat to the United States.

"Mr. Assad doesn't have a lot of capability," Obama said. "He has capability relative to children. He has capability relative to an opposition that is still getting itself organized and are not professional, trained fighters. He doesn't have a credible means to threaten the United States."

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Bottom line, that is a reason NOT to be aggressor:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/09/world/meast/syria-civil-war/

But on CNN's "The Situation Room," Obama snapped back that Syria is no threat to the United States.

"Mr. Assad doesn't have a lot of capability," Obama said. "He has capability relative to children. He has capability relative to an opposition that is still getting itself organized and are not professional, trained fighters. He doesn't have a credible means to threaten the United States." With that he just admitted that he has other reasons for wanting to strike Syria and his cited crap about chemical weapons use is a convenient alibi to cover his real reason. That reason is to try to give the win to the Al Qaeda rebels there ! That's the elephant in the room that he tries so hard to hide IMHO. --Tyr

Kathianne
09-10-2013, 10:42 AM
With that he just admitted that he has other reasons for wanting to strike Syria and his cited crap about chemical weapons use is a convenient alibi to cover his real reason. That reason is to try to give the win to the Al Qaeda rebels there ! That's the elephant in the room that he tries so hard to hide IMHO. --Tyr

Your guess is as good as mine, I figured it was to drown out IRS, Benghazi news, not to mention the budget fight. This diversion bit him in the butt.

Marcus Aurelius
09-10-2013, 02:35 PM
http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/0/0/WHATNOW_20130910_141601.jpg

Obama: "I knew my plan to get Russia involved would work. I have a Nobel Peace Prize, bitches!!!"

aboutime
09-10-2013, 03:36 PM
http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/0/0/WHATNOW_20130910_141601.jpg

Obama: "I knew my plan to get Russia involved would work. I have a Nobel Peace Prize, bitches!!!"

Another "subtitle" to that above could also be

"DAMN! Rahm was right. Never let a good CRISIS go to waste!"

red states rule
09-15-2013, 04:33 AM
and to think we have to endure three more years with this loser as President. The rest of world is laughing their collective asses off

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/holb_c11215320130913120100.jpg