PDA

View Full Version : A Boy Makes Anti-Muslim Comments In Front Of An American Soldier. The Soldier's Reply

jafar00
09-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Remember this next time you want to call me or another Muslim a terrorist. Props to the soldier who seems to know what rights he has been fighting for while in uniform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueT79ZPY9IM

Jeff
09-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Remember this next time you want to call me or another Muslim a terrorist. Props to the soldier who seems to know what rights he has been fighting for while in uniform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueT79ZPY9IM

Agreed this is wrong but honestly it looks a bit rehearsed. I kis with the Muslims in town here jafar and I believe and hope they know it is a joke (heck they kid right back ) but I have to agree no onbe should be put on the spot as a bad person because of what others did, its kind of like calling all blacks Nigg*** I have met as many whites that deserve that handle as well , but some do lump them all into one I understand but don't agree.

Noir
09-12-2013, 08:08 AM
A woman pushed a guy under a train because she thought he was a muslim?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2013, 08:10 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueT79ZPY9IM The soldier is right. Nobody should be out in public castigating individual muslims. I would have told him to leave the guy alone myself. With that said I say I sure hope that soldier was real and not another actor. However , it is true that America's enemies will use it's laws against it and many already have especially with immigration laws. -Tyr

Arbo
09-12-2013, 08:46 AM
I have to agree no onbe should be put on the spot as a bad person because of what others did, its kind of like calling all blacks Nigg*** I have met as many whites that deserve that handle as well , but some do lump them all into one I understand but don't agree.

I agree, but isn't this kinda what we see a few members constantly doing to jafar? Holding him responsible for what others do in the name of his religion? Constantly attacking and provoking him for what others do?

Those that said something to the guy, to me, are what America is about. Are there bad muslims? Yep. Are all of them? Doesn't seem so. Big difference between caution and throwing all of a certain group under a bus. And as the soldier correctly said, if you are an American, you are an American. Period.

CSM
09-12-2013, 08:54 AM
... if you are an American, you are an American. Period.

That pretty much sums it up for me. The problems, IMO, start when some believe they are 'special' Amricans by virtue of race, creed, color or sexual preference. Further, it is not that these 'special' Americans want equality (though that is what they say, at first) they also want specific privileges applicable ONLY to them that all others MUST accept, if not embrace. It is my opinion that the reason we still have racism and bigotry in this country is because some (political parties and the media often being the most aggregious) make a living from EXPLOITING the very racism and bigotry they purport to hate.

jafar00
09-12-2013, 08:55 AM
A woman pushed a guy under a train because she thought he was a muslim?

Yes. Spreading hatred can cause the weak minded to do crazy things. Anders Brievik is another example.
<nyt_headline version="1.0" type=" ">Woman Is Charged With Murder as a Hate Crime in a Fatal Subway Push (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/30/nyregion/woman-is-held-in-death-of-man-pushed-onto-subway-tracks-in-queens.html?_r=0)</nyt_headline>

CSM
09-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Yes. Spreading hatred can cause the weak minded to do crazy things. Anders Brievik is another example.
<nyt_headline type=" " version="1.0">Woman Is Charged With Murder as a Hate Crime in a Fatal Subway Push (http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/30/nyregion/woman-is-held-in-death-of-man-pushed-onto-subway-tracks-in-queens.html?_r=0)</nyt_headline>

Now, it seems to me that Jafar could also post a video depicting a Muslim individual reacting to an American individual (only to show that both react the same or that Muslims react better than US citizens do). How about it Jafar, got one handy? I am being serious here and am NOT picking at you. The reason I make this little post is that I believe that one can certainly select ONLY those videos which support their POV while looking down their nose at others; however, I also believe that (if they are a person of principle) videos depicting BOTH sides could be shown.

Frankly, I have had enough of videos trying to depict the evil Muslims sawing off some guys head BUT I have yet to see ANYONE on this board specifically link to a video showing a Muslim reacting positively to an American. Anyone got one of those?

Arbo
09-12-2013, 09:22 AM
That pretty much sums it up for me. The problems, IMO, start when some believe they are 'special' Amricans

I disagree. I think the problem starts when people are fed 'terror' by their own government and they eat it up, turning them into non-thinking bigots.

Ignorance and fear are the basis of such bigotry.

CSM
09-12-2013, 09:27 AM
I disagree. I think the problem starts when people are feed 'terror' by their own government and they eat it up, turning them into non-thinking bigots.

Ignorance and fear are the basis of such bigotry.

In a wider sense, I think you are correct. Let's face it, here in the US, many are just too lazy to think for themselves and find it far easier to base their opinions and prejudices on sound bites, bumper stickers and the latest (mostly fabricated) propaganda. I suspect that many citizens of other countries are the same.

Arbo
09-12-2013, 09:31 AM
In a wider sense, I think you are correct. Let's face it, here in the US, many are just too lazy to think for themselves and find it far easier to base their opinions and prejudices on sound bites, bumper stickers and the latest (mostly fabricated) propaganda. I suspect that many citizens of other countries are the same.

Which is why we find ourselves with the government we have. Which includes both of the big two parties disregarding the people and the Constitution. George Washington long long ago warned of the problems of 'parties'.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2013, 10:28 AM
I agree, but isn't this kinda what we see a few members constantly doing to jafar? Holding him responsible for what others do in the name of his religion? Constantly attacking and provoking him for what others do?

And as the soldier correctly said, if you are an American, you are an American. Period. How about telling these guys that? I could list many others too. -Tyr ----------------------------- --------
National Black Caucus of State Legislators
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (February 2011)

The National Black Caucus of State Legislators (also known as the NBCSL) is an American political organization composed of African Americans elected to state legislatures in the United States of America and its territories.

NBCSL was founded in 1977 after a group of about eighteen African American state legislators, attending the annual meeting of the National Conference of State Legislatures and perceiving that the NCSL was still "racially exclusive" at that time, decided to call for a national conference in Nashville, Tennessee.[1] About ninety African American state legislators attended. The first president was Michigan state representative Matthew McNeely.[2][3] The organization has grown to more than six hundred members by 2008. Legislators of this organization come from 44 states, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the District of Columbia.

Since its inception, NBCSL has met annually in a pre-determined host state for its Annual Legislative Conference. [1] Throughout the year, NBCSL sponsors policy symposia to keep members abreast of growing policy trends and educated on policy issues that affect NBCSL’s constituents. When legislators attend the Annual Legislative Conference, policy committees meet and discuss policy resolutions, drawing upon information presented in the symposia, that are voted up or down by the membership. These resolutions become the policy position of the organization. Legislators, corporate partners, and labor representatives take these policy resolutions and use them to influence public policy in state legislatures and on Capitol Hill.

Mission[edit source]

The National Black Caucus of State Legislators (NBCSL) is a membership association representing more than 600 African American state legislators from 42 states, the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. NBCSL members represent more than 50 million Americans of various racial backgrounds. NBCSL monitors federal and state activity and provides this information to its members through policy symposiums and conferences. Each year, NBCSL members pass policy resolutions that directly impact federal and state policy. The organization focuses on issues that directly impact US domestic policy and is committed to policies that positively affect all Americans.

The primary mission of the NBCSL is to develop, conduct, and promote educational, research, and training programs designed to enhance the effectiveness of its members, as they consider legislation and issues of public policy which impact, either directly or indirectly, upon the general welfare of African American constituents within their respective jurisdictions.

Objectives[edit source]

The NBCSL has adopted the following fundamental objectives:
To serve as a national network and clearinghouse for the discussion, dissemination and exchange of ideas and information among African American state legislators and their staffs;
To provide research, training and educational services to African American state legislators and their staffs.
To improve the effectiveness and quality of African American state legislators; and
To serve as a strong, united and effective advocate for African American state legislators and their constituencies at the federal level.

P.Kersey
09-12-2013, 10:44 AM
How about telling these guys that? I could list many others too. -Tyr ----------------------------- --------

Exactly..on one hand they enjoy quoting michael king "blah...blah...I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character....blah...blah..."

....but there are all these groups/govt programs that specify membership/benefits based SOLELY on SKIN COLOR.

Here's just a few for your amusement.

Imagine the HORROR if a group existed for the benefit of white people and specified WHITE in their name...*shudder* the negroes and leftist anti whites would go apoplectic..LMAO

Black Legislative Caucus
Black Student's Union
Black Miss America
Black Entertainment Network
Black Policemens Association
Black Liberation and Afrikan Kulcha Empire
Black Male Community Empowerment Forum
Black Millionaires Mentoring Program
Black Voices for Peace
Black Women for Obama
Black Youth Creative Combating Oppression
Blackonomics
American Association for Affirmative Action (AAAA)
American Association of Black in Energy
Associated Black Charities
Association of Black Admission and Financial Aid Officers of the Ivy League and Sister Schools (ABAFAOILSS)
Association of Black American Ambassadors (ABAA)
Association of Black Foundation Executives (ABFE)
Association of Black Sociologist (ABS)
Association of Black Women in Higher Education
Black Agency Executives (BAE)
Black Awareness in Television (BAIT)
Black Caucus of the American Library Association
Black Filmmakers Foundation
Black Psychiatrists of America
Black Retail Action Group, Inc.
Black Women in Publishing
Black Women's Network
Blacks in Government
Coalition of Black Trade Unionists
National Alliance of Black School Educators
National Association of Black Accountants, Inc.
National Association of Black County Officials
National Association of Black Journalists
National Association of Black Social Workers, Inc.
National Association of Black-Owned Broadcasters
National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice
National Black Caucus of Local Elected Officials
National Black Chambers of Commerce
National Black Child Development Institute
National Black Media Coalition
National Black Nurses Association, Inc.
National Black Police Association, Inc.
National Black Public Relations Society of America
National Black United Fund
National Conference of Black Mayors, Inc.
National Forum for Black Public Administrator

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Exactly..on one hand they enjoy quoting michael king "blah...blah...I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character....blah...blah..."

....but there are all these groups/govt programs that specify membership/benefits based SOLELY on SKIN COLOR.

Here's just a few for your amusement.

Imagine the HORROR if a group existed for the benefit of white people and specified WHITE in their name...*shudder* the negroes and leftist anti whites would go apoplectic..LMAO

Black Legislative Caucus
Black Student's Union
Black Miss America
Black Entertainment Network
Black Policemens Association
Black Liberation and Afrikan Kulcha Empire
Black Male Community Empowerment Forum
Black Millionaires Mentoring Program
Black Voices for Peace
Black Women for Obama
Black Youth Creative Combating Oppression
Blackonomics
American Association for Affirmative Action (AAAA)
American Association of Black in Energy
Associated Black Charities
Association of Black Admission and Financial Aid Officers of the Ivy League and Sister Schools (ABAFAOILSS)
Association of Black American Ambassadors (ABAA)
Association of Black Foundation Executives (ABFE)
Association of Black Sociologist (ABS)
Association of Black Women in Higher Education
Black Agency Executives (BAE)
Black Awareness in Television (BAIT)
Black Caucus of the American Library Association
Black Filmmakers Foundation
Black Psychiatrists of America
Black Retail Action Group, Inc.
Black Women in Publishing
Black Women's Network
Blacks in Government
Coalition of Black Trade Unionists
National Alliance of Black School Educators
National Association of Black Accountants, Inc.
National Association of Black County Officials
National Association of Black Journalists
National Association of Black Social Workers, Inc.
National Association of Black-Owned Broadcasters
National Association of Blacks in Criminal Justice
National Black Caucus of Local Elected Officials
National Black Chambers of Commerce
National Black Child Development Institute
National Black Media Coalition
National Black Nurses Association, Inc.
National Black Police Association, Inc.
National Black Public Relations Society of America
National Black United Fund
National Conference of Black Mayors, Inc.
National Forum for Black Public Administrator Thanks , great list. However the point made will be ignored by certain people regardless if one example is cited or 500 examples are. The institutionalized racism within our government has one prime restriction. That is white can not apply for these benefits. Now what if there existed a counter that stated blacks can not apply? or muslims, or gays ??? Get it? It is without a doubt out in the open racism on a massive scale created monitored and funded by our own government using our tax dollars. Yet the so-called great defenders of these minorities groups pretend it doesn't exist and that even if it did it doesn't matter. Hypocrisy at its finest. You see a few members here like that so take your time with them to explain like talking to a 6 year old , ok? :laugh:

Marcus Aurelius
09-12-2013, 11:01 AM
c

Who is Michael King?

P.Kersey
09-12-2013, 11:40 AM
c

Who is Michael King?

Really?

"martin luther" king's real name was michael.

P.Kersey
09-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks , great list. However the point made will be ignored by certain people regardless if one example is cited or 500 examples are. The institutionalized racism within our government has one prime restriction. That is white can not apply for these benefits. Now what if there existed a counter that stated blacks can not apply? or muslims, or gays ??? Get it? It is without a doubt out in the open racism on a massive scale created monitored and funded by our own government using our tax dollars. Yet the so-called great defenders of these minorities groups pretend it doesn't exist and that even if it did it doesn't matter. Hypocrisy at its finest. You see a few members here like that so take your time with them to explain like talking to a 6 year old , ok? :laugh:

I have to point out that they aren't called "minorities" any more... due to special interest groups lobbying for laws and politicians who are members of these "certain" groups passing discriminatory special laws and considerations (which violate the equal protection clause of the constitution), they are now legally known as a "protected class".

jafar00
09-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Frankly, I have had enough of videos trying to depict the evil Muslims sawing off some guys head BUT I have yet to see ANYONE on this board specifically link to a video showing a Muslim reacting positively to an American. Anyone got one of those?

Not Americans specifically but nonetheless, a quick youtube search found the following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fH9kprNbQs

Alternative title for tyr's "religion of peace" thread, "Extremist Christian Terrorists beat up Jew for wishing them Happy Hanukkah"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k47O0bRdSDg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40j1unj4O5o

CSM
09-13-2013, 05:49 AM
Not Americans specifically but nonetheless, a quick youtube search found the following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fH9kprNbQs

Alternative title for tyr's "religion of peace" thread, "Extremist Christian Terrorists beat up Jew for wishing them Happy Hanukkah"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k47O0bRdSDg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40j1unj4O5o

Now yer talkin! I do not understand why there is not more of this type of media out there. It is my experience (as has been stated on this board elsewhere) that most folks around the globe just want to be left in peace to raise their families, grow old, and enjoy their time on this planet. Bombarding the various communications with images of atrocities keeps the crap stirred up; it seems to me that opposite imagery would go a long way to remedy that.

For those of you who know me through my posts on this board: No, I have not suddenly become a left wing liberal progressive. I am still a knuckle dragging, baby killing, gun toting conservative. I do however, think we need to look for alternative means (other than bombing the crap out of some medievil mud hut) to resolve some of the current issues.

Larrymc
09-13-2013, 07:51 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueT79ZPY9IMCan't find a way to watch it??

Arbo
09-13-2013, 08:16 AM
How about telling these guys that? I could list many others too.

1) No need to scream people can read normal sized letters.
2) yes, things like AA are institutionalized racism, and is a horrible double standard.
3) Excellent job of diverting from the topic! Move it from islamophobic (ignorant) Americans to those 'black guys'. Very transparent and shallow though.