PDA

View Full Version : Posting from...

WiccanLiberal
09-12-2013, 01:40 PM
I've been considering whether to address this here but decided the members here will empathize. So yesterday morning I passed out at home. Mark found me and got me up and took me to the local ED. Yesterday was taken up with all sorts of testing including a miserable failed MRI attempt. Today was a tilt table test. So far their consensus seems to be my BP meds were maybe working a little TOO well. I will need one more day here. They are going to try the MRI again in the morning. This time they plan sedation. The first time I got into the tube maybe eight inches and freaked - screamed like a two year old. Claustrophobia is a nasty thing.

aboutime
09-12-2013, 01:45 PM
I've been considering whether to address this here but decided the members here will empathize. So yesterday morning I passed out at home. Mark found me and got me up and took me to the local ED. Yesterday was taken up with all sorts of testing including a miserable failed MRI attempt. Today was a tilt table test. So far their consensus seems to be my BP meds were maybe working a little TOO well. I will need one more day here. They are going to try the MRI again in the morning. This time they plan sedation. The first time I got into the tube maybe eight inches and freaked - screamed like a two year old. Claustrophobia is a nasty thing.

Please know. People you do not know, are praying for you. Hope all the tests are in your favor.

Same happened to my wife recently. Her Potassium Levels were dangerously low, and caused her to nearly pass-out. No feeling in her legs, and arms. I thought it was a stroke.
The older we get, the more we assume everything is just fine.
Potassium levels being to low can come from more frequent urination after drinking too much of liquids as well as, not enough.
Good luck. Listen to the Docs.

WiccanLiberal
09-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Oh I am my friend. I am sitting here watching bad TV and amusing myself as much as I can. I have finished knitting a blanket and another set of mittens are well started. Tests so far are negative for anything bad. Just wish the darned bed was more comfortable.

Trigg
09-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Oh I am my friend. I am sitting here watching bad TV and amusing myself as much as I can. I have finished knitting a blanket and another set of mittens are well started. Tests so far are negative for anything bad. Just wish the darned bed was more comfortable.

being in the hospital sucks, hope they find out what is happening soon so you can get out of there

Kathianne
09-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Get better soon, WL, you're in my prayers.

tailfins
09-12-2013, 02:09 PM

Don't sweat having something that freaks you out. It happens to the best of us.

WiccanLiberal
09-12-2013, 02:21 PM
I knew my belief in you all was well founded. Thanks all for the kind regards and I will keep you posted.

aboutime
09-12-2013, 02:39 PM

Bad TV? There's your first problem (:laugh:). You don't need a hospital bed to be comfortable. It's more fun, looking forward to getting back to YOUR OWN BED.
Think Positive. Take care.

WiccanLiberal
09-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Bad TV? There's your first problem (:laugh:). You don't need a hospital bed to be comfortable. It's more fun, looking forward to getting back to YOUR OWN BED.
Think Positive. Take care.
Truthfully, I may sleep in the chair tonight. I did run into an old friend. I was hanging out waiting for my test this morning and I saw a nurse named Clara. i worked with her about 15 years ago in the ICU at this hospital. I was doing agency per diem work and the agency sent me to their ICU a lot. She and I had a great conversation.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2013, 04:00 PM
WL, I too am very claustrophobic. I was given pills to calm me down for a brain MRI, and I took too many and was literally falling into the walls on the walk to the MRI room. The good thing was, I was so "calm" that I didn't mind the looong MRI.

Good luck!

WiccanLiberal
09-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words Abbey. The brain one is the one they want for me. I am assured tomorrow I will get some serious meds before the test is attempted again.

Jeff
09-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Prayers are being lifted for you , rest well and try to take advantage of the little bit of rest you get while in the hospital, and I will be praying for a speedy recover

Abbey Marie
09-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words Abbey. The brain one is the one they want for me. I am assured tomorrow I will get some serious meds before the test is attempted again.

I'm sure they want you as calm as possible. :cool:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2013, 04:32 PM

Very sorry to hear of your trouble . I hope it gets diagnosed to be a simple med problem that can be easily corrected. I had an episode with my heart meds and BR meds about 8 months ago. Didn't pass out but thought I was going to. Luckily it was a simple med issue and resolved easily. Pray you have an easy recovery and resolution. Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Very sorry to hear of your trouble . I hope it gets diagnosed to be a simple med problem that can be easily corrected. I had an episode with my heart meds and BR meds about 8 months ago. Didn't pass out but thought I was going to. Luckily it was a simple med issue and resolved easily. Pray you have an easy recovery and resolution. Tyr OOPS -- too late to edit, BR meds should be BP meds. --Tyr

WiccanLiberal
09-14-2013, 05:49 PM
So got home yesterday afternoon and taking it pretty easy. Treated myself to a pedicure this afternoon after doing the grocery shopping this morning.

PostmodernProphet
09-16-2013, 07:44 AM
The first time I got into the tube maybe eight inches and freaked - screamed like a two year old. Claustrophobia is a nasty thing.

not an uncommon problem....which makes me wonder, why don't they build those things so people go in feet first?........

Abbey Marie
09-17-2013, 05:26 PM
not an uncommon problem....which makes me wonder, why don't they build those things so people go in feet first?........

:clap:

darin
09-18-2013, 07:41 AM
So sorry about your situation - do what it takes to get well!!