PDA

View Full Version : True for many relationships

WiccanLiberal
09-12-2013, 03:05 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/10/booming/bad-dog.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
<nyt_headline version="1.0" type=" ">Bad Dog</nyt_headline>"It’s easy to love a well-behaved dog. It’s harder to love Chance, with his bristly personality and tendency toward violence. Yet in the end, I measure the success of my relationship with Chance by its challenges, because if I can’t love him at his most imperfect what use is love?"

The author write movingly about her pet. In truth she is writing about all relationships. We love not because of the good but in spite of the bad. All of us have faults and we love and are loved because we overlook faults. May we all be as forgiving and forgiven.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Nice, WL. :beer:

We just went through several months with our aging (17) and progressively more ill cat, using our newish family room carpet as her bathroom at times. The love we had for her (we had to euthanize her two weeks ago due to kidney failure) and the understanding that she was doing the best she could, made the mess bearable. Also true of my MIL, who has advanced stage Alzheimers. We love the person she was and is, and try to make her end of days as pleasant as possible. What else is true love if not the expression of it in the rough times?