PDA

View Full Version : Mntbker

Grumplestillskin
01-25-2007, 01:07 AM
Please reopen my thread. Jim specifically set up the Steel Cage as a place where people could air their grievances. You closing it goes against the exact reason for setting it up.

Cheers...

The ClayTaurus
01-25-2007, 01:26 AM
For once, I agree.

Roomy
01-25-2007, 03:28 AM
Please reopen my thread. Jim specifically set up the Steel Cage as a place where people could air their grievances. You closing it goes against the exact reason for setting it up.

Cheers...

Exactly.

jimnyc
01-25-2007, 03:38 AM

Cheers...

Yes, and no. I have no problem with grievances being aired to an extent. My first thought for this section was for threads that seriously deteriorated, move them here and let those fighting do so in peace.

I also don't have a problem with members complaints, so long as we keep it civil and on-topic. I don't want this to turn into "bash a mod" forum either.

With that said, continue in this thread. I'm unsure of what took place with the banning lsat evening but I'm looking into it...

Grumplestillskin
01-25-2007, 04:55 AM
To be honest MFM can be an arrogant sod when he is posting, but from what I see he gives as good as he gets. I saw the ban take place, and what he said was a weeny bit OTT, but then Pale and OCA are permenantly like that and they get away with it. Pale seems more direct, but he can't complain about MFM's "attitude" in posts, when his own are full with profanities. And don't give me this "I never personally insult" BS. OCA called MFM a turncoat. You don't have to cuss to insult. If you don't like his style, ignore him, but I would say that going by the threads he is on, people love sparring with him. Dirt questioned it, and Darin did his typical "this is not a democracy, take it to PM's" rant. I say BS! This is Jim's board and he runs it as a benevolent dictatorship. It's his underlings (two in particular) who are consistently the main instigators and problems.

I don't like Bash a Mod threads either, but when have two wingnuts like Mike and Darin on board Jim, things happen...:eek2:

jimnyc
01-25-2007, 06:30 AM
This is Jim's board and he runs it as a benevolent dictatorship. It's his underlings (two in particular) who are consistently the main instigators and problems.

Curious as to what you mean by this?

Mike and Darin are not liked by some but are liked by others. The same goes for me as well. Unfortunately, when you're a moderator or admin, the negative issues tend to stand out much brighter than the good deeds or past help.

Instigating or heated debating can be easily confused. I want the mods here to have the ability to be just like any other poster, so expect them to mix it up a little themselves. I also DO expect them to be fair, honest and run the board with the best interests in mind. If any of us make a mistake, it's easily corrected. I DON'T want to see baiting, or banning after a user is riled by a moderator. I also don't want to see any board threats, unless the member has done something to warrant an appropriate warning. I think these are the things that you elude to, that they are in the very debates, getting heated themselves, and then someone ends up getting banned. We will all work together to make sure things get better in this respect.

On the same note, I would rather not see the mods put into a position of defending themselves, or their authority. They have earned my trust, and respect. If someone has an issue, they should contact myself, Darin, or MtnBiker as opposed to first deciding to joust it out with a mod in threads, which we know generally doesn't end well.

Make sense?

MtnBiker
01-25-2007, 10:31 AM
The banning of a member will not become an open debate.

A private message can be used.

MtnBiker
01-25-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't like Bash a Mod threads either, but when have two wingnuts like Mike and Darin on board Jim, things happen...:eek2:

Mike and Darin are going to remain on the staff, this will not change. You need to accept this fact.

jimnyc
01-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Mike and Darin are going to remain on the staff, this will not change. You need to accept this fact.

Allow me to reiterate what MtnBiker said. Darin and Mike will be staying aboard for as long as they like. You don't need to like the staff to enjoy your stay here, just try to be civil whenever possible and things will be fine. No bans will occur unless they are warranted. Staff will make every attempt to make members understand why we make the decisions we do, but it's not an open debate everytime someone is banned.

Pale Rider
01-25-2007, 11:31 AM
To be honest MFM can be an arrogant sod when he is posting, but from what I see he gives as good as he gets. I saw the ban take place, and what he said was a weeny bit OTT, but then Pale and OCA are permenantly like that and they get away with it. Pale seems more direct, but he can't complain about MFM's "attitude" in posts, when his own are full with profanities. And don't give me this "I never personally insult" BS. OCA called MFM a turncoat. You don't have to cuss to insult. If you don't like his style, ignore him, but I would say that going by the threads he is on, people love sparring with him. Dirt questioned it, and Darin did his typical "this is not a democracy, take it to PM's" rant. I say BS! This is Jim's board and he runs it as a benevolent dictatorship. It's his underlings (two in particular) who are consistently the main instigators and problems.

I - HAVE - NEVER, talked to ANYONE, on this board or any other, like MFM did to me. My open disagreement with him on the topic of homosexuality infuriated him. He's probably NOT used to hearing it, and he blow his top. His comments to me were VERY insulting, and FULLY constituted a ban.

It didn't matter ONE BIT, that he was arrogant, or consending, or a liberal, or anything else. It was his PROFANIC OUTBURST TO ME that got him banned. I can handle ANYTHING that guy can dish out. Bring it. But if you talk to me like he did, YOU WILL GET BANNED.

jimnyc
01-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Enough has been said here, and explanations given. For future reference, as opposed to bringing personal stuff out for all to see, issues with a moderator should be brought to Darin, MtnBiker or you can contact me. We will do our best to explain things and pt everyone on the same page. But debating of moderating is NEVER good for any community. Asking for an explanation is ok, but that should suffice.

Thanks!