PDA

View Full Version : If Kidnappers Chop Off One Of Your Fingers, Here's Which Finger You Should Sacrifice

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-14-2013, 12:49 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kidnappers-chop-off-one-fingers-124000300.html If Kidnappers Chop Off One Of Your Fingers, Here's Which Finger You Should Sacrifice
Business InsiderBy Jim Edwards | Business Insider – 4 hours ago

If someone — kidnappers, for instance — is going to chop off one of your fingers, which finger should you sacrifice? This actually happened to a British man kidnapped in Syria this year, so it's not simply a fanciful dilemma.

Many people get this wrong. They assume that the little finger, the pinky, is the one to say goodbye to.

jim edwards and his mom

Jim Edwards / BI

The author and his mom on a very cold day, watching Liverpool F.C.

I asked my mom, a retired doctor who practised surgical anesthesia for years in the Liverpool, U.K., area, which finger you give to the kidnappers. In terms of patients with actual severed fingers, she's seen a "couple of dozen fingers maybe, and an ear" in her career.

She says you want to give up the first finger on the hand you don't use for writing.

A lot of people think the first, pointing finger is the most important one they have. Wrong! Once it's gone, the other three compensate for it quite well. The second finger, for instance, is already pretty similar to the first finger.

The pinky is actually incredibly important, and it's a keeper. Basically, the reason humans have "opposable" thumbs — the springboard of our evolution from being just another ape — is that the thing doing the most opposing is the little finger.

According to the assistant chief of hand surgery at the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, the little finger does a disproportionate amount of gripping, while all the other guys are its helpers:

The other three digits—the index, the thumb and the middle finger—they fine tune where the tool goes. So if you have your little finger amputated, you're going to lose a significant amount of grip strength when holding everyday small objects. When you talk about utensils—like knives and forks—most of that stuff is fine manipulation rather than strength, so you're typically using the other three digits. You use the thumb, the index and the middle fingers in order to hold a spoon, or to hold a fork, or even to hold a pen and write things.
I got this one right before reading the answer. A gruesome choice but given that the odds are increasing for Americans to be kidnapped by our muslim buddies its good thing to know .. --Tyr

jafar00
09-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Before engaging in battle, the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) instructed his soldiers:
1. “Do not kill any child, any woman, or any elder or sick person.” (Sunan Abu Dawud)
2. “Do not practice treachery or mutilation.(Al-Muwatta)
3. Do not uproot or burn palms or cut down fruitful trees.(Al-Muwatta)
4. Do not slaughter a sheep or a cow or a camel, except for food.” (Al-Muwatta)
5. “If one fights his brother, [he must] avoid striking the face, for God created him in the image of Adam.” (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)
6. “Do not kill the monks in monasteries, and do not kill those sitting in places of worship. (Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)
7. “Do not destroy the villages and towns, do not spoil the cultivated fields and gardens, and do not slaughter the cattle.” (Sahih Bukhari; Sunan Abu Dawud)
8. “Do not wish for an encounter with the enemy; pray to God to grant you security; but when you [are forced to] encounter them, exercise patience.” (Sahih Muslim)
9. “No one may punish with fire except the Lord of Fire.” (Sunan Abu Dawud).
10. “Accustom yourselves to do good if people do good, and to not do wrong even if they commit evil.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

- See more at: http://1000gooddeeds.com/2012/11/20/10-islamic-rules-of-war/#sthash.zsgnFdA7.dpuf

revelarts
09-14-2013, 03:42 PM
1. “Do not kill any child, any woman, or any elder or sick person.” (Sunan Abu Dawud)
5. “If one fights his brother, [he must] avoid striking the face, for God created him in the image of Adam.” (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)
6. “Do not kill the monks in monasteries, and do not kill those sitting in places of worship. (Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)
7. “Do not destroy the villages and towns, do not spoil the cultivated fields and gardens, and do not slaughter the cattle.” (Sahih Bukhari; Sunan Abu Dawud)
8. “Do not wish for an encounter with the enemy; pray to God to grant you security; but when you [are forced to] encounter them, exercise patience.” (Sahih Muslim)
10. “Accustom yourselves to do good if people do good, and to not do wrong even if they commit evil.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

- See more at: http://1000gooddeeds.com/2012/11/20/10-islamic-rules-of-war/#sthash.zsgnFdA7.dpuf

those are pretty good. sadly we're not the ones that need to hear those.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-14-2013, 04:39 PM

TOO bad that the Islamic terrorists ignore those today. Maybe you should send each terrorist group a memo about those. I am guessing a few of them would take enough special interest in you after getting it that they'd pay you a visit to set you straight! Only nobody would know because you'd be long gone after they got done. Nobody talks after their head is removed.. -Tyr

red states rule
09-15-2013, 04:57 AM

http://www.partamian.net/blog/uploaded_images/cartoon_violence_muhammad3-756501.jpg

jafar00
09-15-2013, 05:10 AM
TOO bad that the Islamic terrorists ignore those today. Maybe you should send each terrorist group a memo about those. I am guessing a few of them would take enough special interest in you after getting it that they'd pay you a visit to set you straight! Only nobody would know because you'd be long gone after they got done. Nobody talks after their head is removed.. -Tyr

They wouldn't listen to me or anyone else because they are not following Islam. Thanks for agreeing with me.

red states rule
09-15-2013, 05:15 AM
They wouldn't listen to me or anyone else because they are not following Islam. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Who does listen to you? Except those under the threat of physical violence?

For example:

Ahmed’s wife, unhappy with his mood swings, bought him one of those mood rings so she could monitor his mood.

She discovered that when Ahmed is in a good mood, it turns green and, when he’s in a bad mood, it leaves a big f*cking red mark on her forehead.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-15-2013, 07:51 AM
They wouldn't listen to me or anyone else because they are not following Islam. Thanks for agreeing with me. You know Jafar according to your standards of what is and what is not Islam you must belong to about 1% or 2% of Islam . The rest of the world has to deal with that huge majority you call not-Muslim. You just do not have it in you to admit the reality of that..-Tyr

jafar00
09-15-2013, 03:19 PM
You know Jafar according to your standards of what is and what is not Islam you must belong to about 1% or 2% of Islam . The rest of the world has to deal with that huge majority you call not-Muslim. You just do not have it in you to admit the reality of that..-Tyr

That is your opinion and although I respect that, you are wrong.

Arbo
09-15-2013, 05:10 PM
given that the odds are increasing for Americans to be kidnapped by our muslim buddies its good thing to know .. --Tyr

Do you have a source that would back up that statement? I haven't heard that the 'odds' were going up, and usually when they do it makes news, so just asking for the back up.

red states rule
09-16-2013, 02:58 AM
You know Jafar according to your standards of what is and what is not Islam you must belong to about 1% or 2% of Islam . The rest of the world has to deal with that huge majority you call not-Muslim. You just do not have it in you to admit the reality of that..-Tyr

Perhaps one day, the truth will set Jafar free

<TBODY>

So, you think the Ku Klux Klan
and the Spanish Inquisition are bad?
So do we, but...
Put the Numbers in Perspective

More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined. (source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition))

Islamic terrorists murder more people every day than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years. (source (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_were_killed_by_the_Ku_Klux_Klan))

More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland. (source (http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/issues/violence/death95w.htm))

19 Muslim hijackers killed more innocents in two hours on September 11th than the number of American criminals executed in the last 65 years. (source (http://deathpenaltyinfo.org/executions-united-states-1608-1976-state))

</TBODY>

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

revelarts
09-16-2013, 04:09 AM
I got this one right before reading the answer. A gruesome choice but given that the odds are increasing for Americans to be kidnapped by our muslim buddies its good thing to know .. --Tyr

I just thought about this. do kidnappers give you choice of fingers?

red states rule
09-16-2013, 04:12 AM
I just thought about this. do kidnappers give you choice of fingers?

Perhaps if you agree to convert to Islam they might give you a pass and allow you to retain all your fingers as well as your breathing privileges

Jeff
09-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Perhaps if you agree to convert to Islam they might give you a pass and allow you to retain all your fingers as well as your breathing privileges

I would rather spit ion there faces and take my chances !!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-16-2013, 08:20 AM
Yesterday, 05:10 PM

Arbo

This message is hidden because Arbo is on your ignore list.

View Post.

Remove user from ignore list. Congrats, now find another member to try to pester. Marcus convinced me that you aren't worth the time so this is my last post to you. Enjoy.