PDA

View Full Version : Never be "too shy"

jimnyc
09-14-2013, 12:55 PM
This is a short film that was on FB but ultimately goes back to "Ryan Hutchins Film" on Youtube. I was very shy throughout HS and beyond, and 10x worse when communicating with the gals, so I can relate to this. An all around well spent 8 minutes, well acted and spoken.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W3vzWIU-gsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-14-2013, 02:11 PM
This is a short film that was on FB but ultimately goes back to "Ryan Hutchins Film" on Youtube. I was very shy throughout HS and beyond, and 10x worse when communicating with the gals, so I can relate to this. An all around well spent 8 minutes, well acted and spoken.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W3vzWIU-gsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Seems to be a very common thing IMHO. I was in love with the prettiest girl in class from 8th grade on. She was a doctor's daughter and very popular. Later married twice and she died 4 years ago from breast cancer. As a kid I was quite shy . All that changed by senior year at a new high school in another state. Seems the girls were enamored with me suddenly. I was a Southern boy in a Yankee school. After that I never looked back, always went after the prettiest girls. Sure caught a ton of them too but that girl , first one I loved --Cheryl , always regretted my shyness and what might have been. Life is like that, uncertainty promotes fear and fear holds us back. By the time I came around she was married and had to little boys. Even after her divorce I talked to her at church but never said a word because I was in a deeply committed relationship myself by then. By the way, she was far prettier than the girl in the video. --Tyr

tailfins
09-14-2013, 03:18 PM
I don't have that problem. I just leave a trail of pissed off people where ever I go. I'm not quite sure why and got tired of asking why.

Abbey Marie
09-14-2013, 03:50 PM
I always preferred the somewhat-shy guys. They are usually gems once they feel secure enough to open up. Confidence is good, of course, but it so often devolves into super extroversion or even outright conceit. One of my longest (pre-marriage) relationships was with a guy who was always overshadowed by his confident, talkative, best friend in college. Once we actually talked when his friend wasn't around, I found out what a great guy he was.