PDA

View Full Version : leaving for a while...

Marcus Aurelius
09-15-2013, 11:15 PM
The recent influx of posters here to do nothing but disrupt the board, who complain that the board has gone to Hell (after having posted for less than a week), and add nothing to the site, has turned me off.

I'll check in periodically, but a few newbies have pretty much sucked the fun out of the board for me, so I doubt I'll be posting much. I'm sure they'll pat themselves on the back at how they've single-handedly improved the make up of the board, as they are legends in their own minds, but such is life.

So long.

revelarts
09-15-2013, 11:22 PM
see ya marcus

logroller
09-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Farewell.

jimnyc
09-16-2013, 06:11 AM
The problem disappears by utilizing the ignore button. Just sayin.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-16-2013, 07:17 AM
The recent influx of posters here to do nothing but disrupt the board, who complain that the board has gone to Hell (after having posted for less than a week), and add nothing to the site, has turned me off.

I'll check in periodically, but a few newbies have pretty much sucked the fun out of the board for me, so I doubt I'll be posting much. I'm sure they'll pat themselves on the back at how they've single-handedly improved the make up of the board, as they are legends in their own minds, but such is life.

So long. Amigo, why not just take a break for a week and come back renewed? Don't give them the satisfaction.... yea, some improvement --running people away.. Well, perhaps running off a half dozen top posters will be an improvement if one likes a slow and inactive board. :laugh:-Tyr

jimnyc
09-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Amigo, why not just take a break for a week and come back renewed? Don't give them the satisfaction.... yea, some improvement --running people away.. Well, perhaps running off a half dozen top posters will be an improvement if one likes a slow and inactive board. :laugh:-Tyr

No one should be attempting to run others away, and no one should feel like they are being run away. Issues such as these cannot be fixed by staff. We can't force members to like one another, or ignore one another. There are times where members need to take a little bit of initiative to make their problems go away.

It's been about 10 years now and my success rate in getting members to use the ignore function stands at about .0000001%

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-16-2013, 08:37 AM
No one should be attempting to run others away, and no one should feel like they are being run away. Issues such as these cannot be fixed by staff. We can't force members to like one another, or ignore one another. There are times where members need to take a little bit of initiative to make their problems go away.

It's been about 10 years now and my success rate in getting members to use the ignore function stands at about .0000001% All well and good but one member talks of the great need to run members away. And that member is the reason Marcus just made that post. Previous to this reply I put that member on ignore and there it stays. -Tyr

jimnyc
09-16-2013, 08:41 AM
All well and good but one member talks of the great need to run members away. And that member is the reason Marcus just made that post. Previous to this reply I put that member on ignore and there it stays. -Tyr

I don't see any grand plan by Arbo to be running members away, nor really any posts indicating as much. But "even if" - he doesn't have the power to do so, and he can easily be placed on ignore, like you have just done. All of the fighting that takes away from the quality of the board, all of the off topic posts & all of the issues with one wanting to leave, like Marcus posted - all are immensely better, if not gone, if members simply do as you have now done.

Arbo
09-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Yeah, no plot by me, however I see people are still pushing that idea. The reality is some will just continue to hang themselves. Even before I got here (based on reading old posts in 'Announcements') there were issues with people attacking each other and going OT in threads. Now they are getting cracked down on (which I think is great, as it seems THAT crap is what drives new and old users away) and don't like it.

jimnyc
09-16-2013, 09:06 AM
If someone feels the need to leave because they don't like others, or they feel staff isn't being fair, or want to deliver ultimatums because they don't like other members - when the problem disappears with the ignore button, or simply staying out of the bullshit - so be it. All we have asked was to keep regular threads clean, and the crap in the cage. The ONLY moderating has been moving posts/threads to the cage, which has been done equally. If that's too much of a problem for some, again, so be it.