PDA

View Full Version : Chris Christie, America's most overrated governor

red states rule
09-16-2013, 03:24 AM
Seems things are not so great in NJ after all. If he seeks the nomination in 2016 he will have a lot of spinning to do

Yes, he’s a skilled politician and a talented deal-maker who, for his first two years in office, got nearly everything he wanted from the Democratic Legislature.

But it hasn’t worked. New Jersey’s economy is a mess (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-15/with-an-economy-like-new-jersey-s-why-the-love-for-christie-.html), even compared with its neighbors. The property tax burden is up sharply. Poverty is rising (http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/09/nj_poverty_rate_rises_for_4th.html). And the state’s credit rating has dropped (http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/04/wall_street_economy_growing_bu.html)on Christie’s watch as the long-range outlook deteriorates. His successor will inherit a bigger mess than he did.

Crime is spiking in several of New Jersey’s hard-pressed cities, where loss of state aid has forced massive police layoffs. The state’s home foreclosure rate is the second highest in the nation and Christie fumbled a federal aid program intended to soften the blow. Yet he tried to raid a fund earmarked for affordable housing until the courts stopped him.

The list goes on. The state’s open space program is essentially dead (http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/13/05/09/state-puts-squeeze-on-funding-for-open-space-preservation/), with no money and no ideas from the governor on how to fix it. The transportation trust fund is broke (http://www.njspotlight.com/stories/13/09/02/explainer-coming-up-to-speed-on-the-transportation-trust-fund/) as well, so the governor has financed projects mostly by borrowing and by scavenging money that former Gov. Jon Corzine had set aside for the Hudson River tunnel project, which Christie canceled.

Could he turn this around in a second term? Maybe. But it’s not likely because he’s moving rightward to appeal to voters in the 2016 presidential primaries, shrinking the common ground with Democrats. Christie hasn’t discussed his agenda for a second term, but the era of big bipartisan deals in Trenton may be over.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_tom_moran/2013/09/post_13.html

Arbo
09-16-2013, 08:34 AM
If he were to run for pres in 2016, there is no way the (R)'s will win the presidency. He is a sham and unelectable.

jimnyc
09-16-2013, 08:37 AM
If he were to run for pres in 2016, there is no way the (R)'s will win the presidency. He is a sham and unelectable.

Unfortunately, I don't see ANY viable candidates on the republican side as of yet. And all I see on the democrat side is Shrillary and Biden, both potential nightmares, but a nightmare that Shrillary would likely win. Oh my, good times to look forward to.

Arbo
09-16-2013, 08:44 AM
If the (R)'s dropped a lot of their social issue stuff from the plank and shifted to saying (when asked about them) they were states rights issues, they'd probably do better.

red states rule
09-19-2013, 03:19 AM
If the (R)'s dropped a lot of their social issue stuff from the plank and shifted to saying (when asked about them) they were states rights issues, they'd probably do better.

Oh yea - forget what they stand for - and become Dem light

That worked well for the party in 2008 and 2012

Arbo
09-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Oh yea - forget what they stand for - and become Dem light

That's not what they did in 2008 and 2012, in those years they kept on about social issues and turned away voters. They do in in 2016, they will lose again.

red states rule
09-19-2013, 02:33 PM
http://www.commonsenseevaluation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/I-Vote-Democrat.jpg

Kat
09-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Unfortunately, I don't see ANY viable candidates on the republican side as of yet. And all I see on the democrat side is Shrillary and Biden, both potential nightmares, but a nightmare that Shrillary would likely win. Oh my, good times to look forward to.

I agree. I never in a million years thought I would ever say this, but there's a good chance I won't be voting. I am sick and tired of holding my nose.

red states rule
09-19-2013, 02:47 PM
I agree. I never in a million years thought I would ever say this, but there's a good chance I won't be voting. I am sick and tired of holding my nose.

You know damn well no matter who the Dems nominate, the liberal media will give non-stop glowing coverage of him/her

While trashing who ever the R's put up

It will just as bad - if not worse - then the 2012 election

Kat
09-19-2013, 02:51 PM
You know damn well no matter who the Dems nominate, the liberal media will give non-stop glowing coverage of him/her

While trashing who ever the R's put up

It will just as bad - if not worse - then the 2012 election

Yep. That's exactly how it will be. I am disgusted, and way discouraged with it all....especially the way the country has gone down in the last few years.
It will only get worse.

Gosh I hate to sound like a negative person....but it is what it is.

red states rule
09-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Yep. That's exactly how it will be. I am disgusted, and way discouraged with it all....especially the way the country has gone down in the last few years.
It will only get worse.

Gosh I hate to sound like a negative person....but it is what it is.

It is not negative if you are telling the truth\

Journalism died in 2012

Dems want to increase the number of people dependent on government. They also want to make the millions of illegals their next big voting block

and we are simply supposed to stand on the sidelines and do/say nothing

Kat
09-19-2013, 02:58 PM
It is not negative if you are telling the truth\

Journalism died in 2012

Dems want to increase the number of people dependent on government. They also want to make the millions of illegals their next big voting block

and we are simply supposed to stand on the sidelines and do/say nothing

Agreed, and there doesn't see to be a thing ''we the people'' can do to stop it.

red states rule
09-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Agreed, and there doesn't see to be a thing ''we the people'' can do to stop it.

Sure there is. We vote

$ million R's stayed home in 2012 and 3 million Dems did the same

Perhaps if we got everyone to turn out we would not be facing 3 more years of hope and change

Kat
09-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Sure there is. We vote

$ million R's stayed home in 2012 and 3 million Dems did the same

Perhaps if we got everyone to turn out we would not be facing 3 more years of hope and change

See told ya I was feeling negative. I don't think it will be any different next round. I can't name one person I am willing to vote for. :(

red states rule
09-19-2013, 03:03 PM
See told ya I was feeling negative. I don't think it will be any different next round. I can't name one person I am willing to vote for. :(

Ditto but could the person we put up be worse then Hillary and Biden?

Kat
09-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Ditto but could the person we put up be worse then Hillary and Biden?

Sigh. I don't know....yet.

I would take Hillary over Obama though. At least I don't feel as thought she hates this country.

Biden?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRXH7RkCZQ

red states rule
09-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Sigh. I don't know....yet.

I would take Hillary over Obama though. At least I don't feel as thought she hates this country.

Biden?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRXH7RkCZQ

Hillary?

My idea for a Hillary bumper sticker is

Hillary 2016 - What Difference Does It Make?

Hillary can tell Amercia she wants to do to 300 million US citizens what she did for those 4 guys in the embassy in Benghazi

Gaffer
09-19-2013, 05:03 PM
I can think of a number of people I would vote for, Alan West, Herman Cain, Sarah Palin, Rand Paul, Michelle Bachmann and any other tea party supported candidate.

Arbo
09-19-2013, 07:35 PM
I can think of a number of people I would vote for, Alan West, Herman Cain, Sarah Palin, Rand Paul, Michelle Bachmann and any other tea party supported candidate.

None would win. None could come close to winning.

red states rule
09-20-2013, 01:59 AM

Good list

Of course the liberal media would do the usual hatchet job on them while giving a pass and glowing coverage of all the Dems

No mater what the economic conditions - we are in a recovery

The IRS admits they target people for their political beliefs - it is a phony scandal

4 people murdered and no one knows where Obama was - yawn

We need a god candidate who can bypass the liberal media and get the message to the voters. Like Ronald Reagan was able to do

Gaffer
09-20-2013, 09:23 AM
You could resurrect Ronald Reagan and the media would still tear him apart. Doesn't matter who the republicans run, the media will do their job and rip them to shreds while painting glowing images of the communist candidate of their choice. I think I'll add Ted Cruz to my list, he's not making a lot of friends in the senate right now.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Seems things are not so great in NJ after all. If he seeks the nomination in 2016 he will have a lot of spinning to do Christie IS AN ELEPHANT LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO TAKE A MUD BATH.. SOB will never get my vote not after he helped Obama win... We down South take a dim view of such blatant treachery and a great many of us do not ever forgive such as that. Any man that would(and he did) kiss Obama's sorry ass like that A. Isn't a real man, B. has no honor/integrity and C. should never be trusted again.... I'd be delighted to be able to tell him that to his fat face.. ff-him.. -Tyr

Arbo
09-20-2013, 12:20 PM
You could resurrect Ronald Reagan and the media would still tear him apart. Doesn't matter who the republicans run, the media will do their job and rip them to shreds while painting glowing images of the communist candidate of their choice. I think I'll add Ted Cruz to my list, he's not making a lot of friends in the senate right now.

If there was somebody that had firm beliefs and lived them, there would be nothing for the media to tear apart.

Gaffer
09-20-2013, 01:43 PM
If there was somebody that had firm beliefs and lived them, there would be nothing for the media to tear apart.

If the media can't find something on a person, they make it up.

Arbo
09-20-2013, 01:44 PM

It's pretty easy to disprove media lies.

red states rule
09-20-2013, 02:56 PM

For example the liberal ignored Mit Romney records of success making businesses profitable by using solely private money
yet somehow talked up Obama 100% success rate of bankrupting green energy companies using only taxpayer money

Of course the media "reported" Mit was a murderer, never paid taxes, and was "out of touch"