PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the 'Hawks

jimnyc
09-16-2013, 07:54 AM
I know Darin must be thrilled today with the Seahawks thoroughly dominating the 49'ers and making them look like a college football team last night. Colin Kaepernick tossed 3 INT's for the Niners and had a 'stellar' passer rating of 20.1, which I didn't even know was possible for a QB to score so low. Hell, Eli Manning tossed 4 INT's in the Giants loss to the Broncos and even he still had a rating of above 50.

Anyway, the Seahawks looked great at times, even though the 1st half was horrible. This is looked at as possibly the 2 of the teams to beat in the NFC, in addition to the Packers. After yesterday, I would say, FOR NOW, that the top 2 are now the Hawks and the Packers.

Aaron Rodgers goes 34 out of 42 for the Packers for 480 yards, 4 TD passes and no interceptions. Basically flawless in their convincing win over the Redskins.

The "Manning Bowl" turned out to be a blowout. While Eli tossed the 4 INT's, Peyton tossed 2 TD's and a completion percentage of 70%. The game really wasn't even close and the Broncos kinda routed the Giants.

Now my Steelers go to Cincinnati for a Monday Night Football game tonight. They let go their Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison in the off season who signed with the Bengals. He might be looking to make a statement tonight. And if the Steelers play like they did last week, it could be a long night for them. Their only hope is to try and get a running game back and open up some room for Ben to pass the ball. They cut their leading RB at the end of the pre-season, but re-signed him this week after they lost one of their 2nd string RB's last week. That's Jonathan Dwyer who will get the nod running.

jimnyc
09-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Oh, and wanted to add, Jeff's favorite team, the Dolphins, are now 2-0! Also lost in the off-season for the Steelers was their speedy WR, Mike Wallace. He had 9 catches for 115 yards and a TD for the Dolphins yesterday.

Enjoy it, Jeff, as they choke before the season is over! :beer: :lol:

jimnyc
09-16-2013, 08:02 AM
And what I posted on my brother in law's timeline on FB, since he's such a huge Giants fan:

http://i41.tinypic.com/zxurev.jpg

darin
09-18-2013, 07:40 AM
Such a great game. Plenty of things to clean up and correct for the seahawks - but it's better to have things to fix while basking in a win. The run game was not particularly dominant; I was a little frustrated Lynch didn't go out for two more yards. Really enjoyed the Seahawks winning despite perhaps Russell Wilson's worst day as a Pro.

What stuck out to me was how the Seahawks Defense made Colin K look a little like Kordell Stewart. The poor decisions/panic he showed - he looked rattled ALL NIGHT. Both QB's suffered, but Russell made key throws when they NEEDED them.

Think about this - ANY team could have had Russell or Richard Sherman. I read the Eagles turned down a trade for Kaepernick before the 2011 Draft - instead of sending DF a second round pick, they declined thinking they would pick Russell 15 spots later than Seattle stepped up.

Oh, what could BE, eh?

:)

Jeff
09-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Oh, and wanted to add, Jeff's favorite team, the Dolphins, are now 2-0! Also lost in the off-season for the Steelers was their speedy WR, Mike Wallace. He had 9 catches for 115 yards and a TD for the Dolphins yesterday.

Enjoy it, Jeff, as they choke before the season is over! :beer: :lol:

Hey Jim what is the Steelers record ? :laugh:

hjmick
09-18-2013, 08:14 AM
:texflag:

Thunderknuckles
09-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Hey Jim what is the Steelers record ? :laugh:
2-0

Of course, that's my inner liberal speaking.

Jeff
09-18-2013, 12:46 PM
2-0

Of course, that's my inner liberal speaking.

I hear ya but had to post for JIM

Pittsburgh
Steelers
(0-2)

Miami
Dolphins
(2-0)