PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Navy Yard in DC...

Arbo
09-16-2013, 10:01 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/16/police-responding-report-shots-washington-navy-yar/

Current reports are 2 shooters, 4 dead, 8 injured.

jimnyc
09-16-2013, 10:11 AM
I hope this isn't "Hasan Pt. 2"

Jeff
09-16-2013, 10:54 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/16/police-responding-report-shots-washington-navy-yar/

Current reports are 2 shooters, 4 dead, 8 injured.

They have upped the death toll, now they are saying at least 4 and 6 seriously hurt, man what sick people in this world and this is just in time for them to start out with the gun laws they are wanting :eek:

Little-Acorn
09-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Current website headline for NBC News: At least 4 dead, one gunman dead, possibly two others at large.

---------------------------------

http://www.nbcnews.com/

Washington rampage: Shooter dead after killing spree at Navy Yard

Police chief says officials are investigating reports of two additional gunmen after at least four are killed at Washington Navy Yard.

(Accompanying story)

Gunman opens fire at Navy Yard in Washington, killing at least 4

By Jim Miklaszewski, Pete Williams, Richard Esposito and Erin McClam, NBC News

A man brandishing an assault rifle, shotgun and handgun opened fire Monday inside a building at the Washington Navy Yard — killing at least four people and wounding at least seven more, including two police officers, authorities said.

SWAT officers swarmed the building, the headquarters of the Naval Sea Systems Command, and a shooter there was killed, sources told NBC News. More than two hours after the first gunfire, there were reports that tactical teams were entering a second building at the Navy Yard.

The Washington police chief said there could be as many as two other shooters at large. She said officers were on the lookout for two men, one white and one black, both in military-style uniforms.

Arbo
09-16-2013, 12:13 PM
They have upped the death toll, now they are saying at least 4 and 6 seriously hurt, man what sick people in this world and this is just in time for them to start out with the gun laws they are wanting :eek:

I agree the anti-gun folks will stand on the bodies of the dead, as they so often do, and shout for more laws that would not have stopped this (or any mass shooting). Pretty sick of them.

Arbo
09-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Estimates are now up to 6 dead, 10 wounded.

red state
09-16-2013, 01:26 PM
I saw that 12 were killed in building 197 and that the gunman was also killed (a WHITE looking man in military-looking camo) who was using a SEMI-auto firearm. The other two suspects are a mid-40 to 50 year old in olive gear and another man. I didn't see or know any of this till I sat down for lunch and as terrible as it is....I detest what seems to now be a shout from the left (EVEN FOX) that we nee to ban FULL auto and SEMI-auto firearms by the way they continually mentioned the type of gun used (when they really don't know what type gun). What those of us know is that there is no such thing as "security".....especially when the general public is disarmed. I heard that security was very tight there and that cell phones were even banned in all or most of the Naval yard. Just terrible. One victim was a 60 year old who was probably about to retire soon.....so sad.

red state
09-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Six are critically injured and three (including a cop) are in surgery right now and it looks extremely serious for those three especially. Prayer is needed for those families and our Nation. I truly believe that Jim's assessment is spot on in that it may very well be a FORT HOOD (Pt II). I've warned my family (and this is NOT a racial statement) but I've told them to watch those who look a bit odd even more closely when those odd looking groups have a mixed ethnic group or duo. They are either cops or up to no good. I hope we learn more about all of this without the media continuing their "play" on what may or may not be the case. Perhaps DC needs a door to door confiscation of firearms and invasion of privacy to catch the other suspects AND/OR to prevent other DC citizens from committing the same evil that these (possibly) three have committed.

red state
09-16-2013, 01:50 PM
The Wasington ball team is still having the game go on (despite a serious man hunt going on). I guess we're showing them that this is business as usual and not going to let a terrorist act change the way we live our lives (as when Bush had us continue to buy, sell and trade) after 9/11. Very strange but I suppose I respect the determination to carry on. What I don't respect is that nobody has called this a terrorist act. It was a terrible act and it did cause massive terror. DUH!!! I may be wrong but I BET these 3 possible suspects are muSLUMs. Fort Hood PT II (if you will) and as Jim so brilliantly phrased it. The "WHITE" guy is probably the white-looking type who bombed Boston recently. They already knew that there were more like those brothers out there but they decided to keep on playing around and THIS is what we get. There's a guy being interviewed right now on FOX saying that it was illegal to have firearms on the base....perhaps the @$$HOLE who made that rule should have told those terrorists that. And, again, why not label it as a terrorist attack.....they were obviously targeting anyone and everyone!!!! They did cause terror....what bull this all is?!

red state
09-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Aaron Alexis from Texas (34) has been identified as the shooter (one of the shooters). I may have been very wrong in my assumption and now hope that this wasn't one of our own.....

fj1200
09-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Aaron Alexis from Texas (34) has been identified as the shooter (one of the shooters). I may have been very wrong in my assumption and now hope that this wasn't one of our own.....

And who would be "one of our own"?

Little-Acorn
09-16-2013, 05:21 PM
The count of 12 victims dead, plus one shooter dead, hasn't changed in a while. Now they seem to be saying there are three more wounded, they are expected to recover. No more gunmen found, but they're still looking.

Apparently "internal security (that would be Navy, maybe Shore Patrol?) engaged the shooter first. Then police showed up and a gun battle ensured, in which a police officer was wounded and the shooter (Aaron Alexis) was killed.

---------------------------------------

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/16/navy-yard-shooting/2819543/

(snip)

Washington Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy Lanier said one shooter was killed in an exchange of gunfire with authorities and one police officer was wounded. Federal officials identified the dead shooter as Alexis.

Internal security at the Navy Yard building had already "identified and engaged the shooter" by the time the first D.C. police arrived, Lanier said.

She said police exchanged gunfire with the shooter "multiple times" before the final gun battle.

gabosaurus
09-16-2013, 05:25 PM
One shooter was a black Buddhist who recently resigned from the Navy. I am guessing you can all find something to hate about that.

Little-Acorn
09-16-2013, 05:37 PM
One shooter was a black Buddhist who recently resigned from the Navy.
Link/reference/evidence?

I am guessing you can all find something to hate about that.

After all, we definitely want to catch up with you. :slap:

aboutime
09-16-2013, 06:26 PM
One shooter was a black Buddhist who recently resigned from the Navy. I am guessing you can all find something to hate about that.

Gabby. Your eyes must be brown. You are so full of SHIT.

hjmick
09-16-2013, 06:38 PM
In Fort Worth, Alexis had become a familiar, if unusual, figure at a Buddhist temple.

At the Wat Busayadhammavanaram Meditation Center there, Alexis came to meditate twice a week. But he still seemed so tightly wound that at least one worker there sought to avoid him.

“He would help people if they came in carrying heavy things,” said J. Sirun, an assistant to the monks at the center. “From the outside, he was a quiet person. But on the inside, I think he was very aggressive. He did not like to be close with anybody, like a soldier who has been at war.” (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/aaron-alexis-34-is-dead-gunman-in-navy-yard-shooting-authorities-say/2013/09/16/dcf431ce-1f07-11e3-8459-657e0c72fec8_print.html)

logroller
09-16-2013, 07:09 PM
He's not a real Buddhist.

Arbo
09-16-2013, 07:16 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/16/feinstein-calls-for-new-gun-control-laws-again-after-navy-yard-shooting/

Bodies not in the ground yet, but the anti-gun idiots have started already. Saw that coming.

jafar00
09-17-2013, 03:15 PM
I agree the anti-gun folks will stand on the bodies of the dead, as they so often do, and shout for more laws that would not have stopped this (or any mass shooting). Pretty sick of them.

You have to admit, it would be harder for these gun massacre folk to get hold of a gun in the first place if owning one was restricted.

Arbo
09-17-2013, 03:37 PM
You have to admit, it would be harder for these gun massacre folk to get hold of a gun in the first place if owning one was restricted.

no.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-17-2013, 06:26 PM
You have to admit, it would be harder for these gun massacre folk to get hold of a gun in the first place if owning one was restricted. Sure and it would be harder for muslims to cut people's heads off or shoot them if a worldwide law was that no Muslim could own a knife , sword or gun. GOOD IDEA JAFAR. Get chopping sending out those memos. ;)--Tyr

Arbo
09-17-2013, 07:25 PM
This thread has nothing to do with Muslims, would be appreciated if you kept your bashing to the muslim bashing threads. Just asking nicely.

red state
09-17-2013, 09:39 PM
.......................................#22........ .............:lol: :lame2:

Not asking nicely, but, was that 'request' in RED?...NO?! I didn't think so (not yet anyway).

So...I'll carry on then and respond any way I feel like posting just as Tyr has answered an ignorant poster who obviously doesn't have a clue and should think hard on what Tyr said before spouting off such ignorance. Tyr made a good point that brings up EXACTLY why we need to arm ourselves because EVIL is out there and as we've all seen first hand......EVIL knows no check points or restrictions. Good post Tyr...SPOT on and on topic (AS USUAL).

Tyr, I completely agree but in this case, you could have coded the word muSLUM to fit in with buddhist....it'll keep the hall monitors happier and still
be on topic (although this was a near copy to what happened at Fort Hood where a muSLUM was the culprit. I was shocked that it was a buddhist but I'm still glad that it wasn't one of our own. I hope that was on topic enough for the ALL KNOWING, ALL Gifted among us.

NOTE: the slower among us will likely ask what "one of our own means".
Wait on it...the repeat question may actually be in RED cuz he/she likes the color RED and some :lol: :lame2: hope for the day that they can

respond to you in RED. HA!!!!

Anyway, When 'THEY' be it muSLUM, buddhist, liberal or 'other' turn in their weapons, I'll THINK about turning in mine (MAYBE).....(probably not) but that is neither here nor there. What idiocy do some people have in suggesting such a thing as (IF) we could somehow ban weapons that someone with ill intent couldn't get a hold of one. What about the KraZed Chinaman who stormed the school in China with a knife or whatever it was that he used?! What an idiot some people are!!! How could anyone make such a statement about what happened yesterday (especially when discussing a MILITARY base or Naval yard). I got a better idea than jaFART and his ilk. It is the same idea that MANY Conservatives have pointed out; ARM EVERYONE! Especially our military. SIMPLE (unless you are one of the simple minded).

jimnyc
09-17-2013, 09:41 PM

Not asking nicely, but, was that 'request' in RED?...NO?! I didn't think so (not yet anyway).

So...I'll carry on then and respond any way I feel like posting just as Tyr has answered an ignorant poster who obviously doesn't have a clue and should think hard on what Tyr said before spouting off such ignorance. Tyr made a good point that brings up EXACTLY why we need to arm ourselves because EVIL is out there and as we've all seen first hand......EVIL knows no check points or restrictions. Good post Tyr...SPOT on and on topic (AS USUAL).

Tyr, I completely agree but in this case, you could have coded the word muSLUM to fit in with buddhist....it'll keep the hall monitors happier and still
be on topic (although this was a near copy to what happened at Fort Hood where a muSLUM was the culprit. I was shocked that it was a buddhist but I'm still glad that it wasn't one of our own. I hope that was on topic enough for the ALL KNOWING, ALL Gifted among us.

Wait on it...the repeat question may actually be in RED cuz he/she likes the color RED and some :lol: :lame2: hope for the day that they can

Anyway, When 'THEY' be it muSLUM, buddhist, liberal or 'other' turn in their weapons, I'll THINK about turning in mine (MAYBE).....(probably not) but that is neither here nor there. What idiocy do some people have in suggesting such a thing as (IF) we could somehow ban weapons that someone with ill intent couldn't get a hold of one. What about the KraZed Chinaman who stormed the school in China with a knife or whatever it was that he used?! What an idiot some people are!!! How could anyone make such a statement about what happened yesterday (especially when discussing a MILITARY base or Naval yard). I got a better idea than jaFART and his ilk. It is the same idea that MANY Conservatives have pointed out; ARM EVERYONE! Especially our military. SIMPLE (unless you are one of the simple minded).

Stop with your "red" stuff now. It's not going to be tolerated.

red state
09-17-2013, 09:46 PM

YEthER!!! Fixed....except for the LAME (couldn't fix that).

jimnyc
09-17-2013, 09:49 PM
YEthER!!! Fixed....except for the LAME (couldn't fix that).

.......................................#22........ .............:lol::lame2:

Wait on it...the repeat question may actually be in RED cuz he/she likes the color RED and some :lol::lame2: hope for the day that they can

Your point is the same, and it's grade school. Just post elsewhere if you don't like it here. Continue to post like you have and we'll give you less options.

red state
09-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Is that below OK to have in RED? I've seen others highlight some of what they wanted to highlight in RED and thought that was very much OK but I'll be sure and not annoy anyone with that annoying RED. I don't know what all went on while I was gone but it is certainly is amazing.

jimnyc
09-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Is that below OK to have in RED? I've seen others highlight some of what they wanted to highlight in RED and thought that was very much OK but I'll be sure and not annoy anyone with that annoying RED. I don't know what all went on while I was gone but it is certainly is amazing.

Staff will post comments in red when necessary, end of story, I'm not playing your baby games.

red state
09-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Your point is the same, and it's grade school. Just post elsewhere if you don't like it here. Continue to post like you have and we'll give you less options.

Well, it is the options that I so adore on this sites....I'd had to lose them. SERIOUSLY....I'll never use RED EVER again. PROMISE.

jimnyc
09-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Well, it is the options that I so adore on this sites....I'd had to lose them. SERIOUSLY....I'll never use RED EVER again. PROMISE.

I never have asked you, are you in HS or something?

red state
09-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Staff will post comments in red when necessary, end of story, I'm not playing your baby games.

I should say not...I wouldn't put up with it either (which is why I promise to NEVER, ever, ever Never use the annoying color (you know) ever again.

jimnyc
09-17-2013, 09:53 PM
I should say not...I wouldn't put up with it either (which is why I promise to NEVER, ever, ever Never use the annoying color (you know) ever again.

I'm sorry you have decided to play games instead of participating, I would have preferred otherwise. Take it easy!

Arbo
09-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Back to who the shooter was. A lot of different reports in the media. But clearly he was a troubled guy. Of course, had the police and lawyers in Washington done their job when he shot out some tires, he'd probably have a record, and not be able to purchase the shotgun he bought. Probably wouldn't have got in the navy and thus never had the job that got him onto the base where he murdered people.

A government failure. A failure along the whole path of his life to see how troubled he was.

gabosaurus
09-17-2013, 11:33 PM
Thread closed!

http://i.qkme.me/3ru2qm.jpg

Little-Acorn
09-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Any indication yet of why the whacko decided he had to do it?

Not that it matters a lot. The reason probably has a lot to do with, he had something broken inside his head. As most of these nutcases do. Those who try to find a logical reason for their actions, are looking for a needle in the wrong haystack.

At least the conclusion of this case is being handled in the right order: First, the shooter got dead, second, people started asking "why".

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Any indication yet of why the whacko decided he had to do it?

Not that it matters a lot. The reason probably has a lot to do with, he had something broken inside his head. As most of these nutcases do. Those who try to find a logical reason for their actions, are looking for a needle in the wrong haystack.

At least the conclusion of this case is being handled in the right order: First, the shooter got dead, second, people started asking "why". Truly a damn shame that Fort Hood shooter didn't meet the same fate. No way in hell that I would have failed to kill that SOB HAD I BEEN FACING HIM WITH A WEAPON IN MY HANDS! I'd emptied an entire clip into the bastard and to hell with anybody else's opinion on that. Old style Texas Ranger justice is what is required but this nation gave up on that long ago. A pity that.. -Tyr

red states rule
09-19-2013, 04:12 AM
Of course the liberal media was all over it and played their assault weapon tune even after it was shown there was no assault weapon used

Here is the liberal media guide to "stuff"

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/Foden20130918-AR-1520130918083000.jpg

red states rule
09-19-2013, 04:15 AM

What? No rants about more gun laws. You disappoint me Gabby. You are always the first her to climb in top of the dead bodies to advance your liberal ideology

Oh well, the liberal media and Dems will do that dirty work for you

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/130918msmshootfootRGB20130918082819.jpg