09-16-2013, 05:19 PM
You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave. :cheers2:

Larrymc
09-16-2013, 05:22 PM

:beer:

jimnyc
09-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Seems like a bunch are checking out and leaving lately. Must be my sunny disposition. :dunno:

Arbo
09-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Seems like a bunch are checking out and leaving lately. Must be my sunny disposition. :dunno:

It has nothing to do with you, it has to do with those that leave. FWIW.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-17-2013, 07:34 AM
People come and people go such is life . A man is only as good as are his principles . The outside stuff presented for public consumption is 99% fluff IMHO. Alexander SHOULD HAVE RECONSIDERED CONQUERING INDIA.. -Tyr

hjmick
09-17-2013, 11:59 AM
More like the mob...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

tailfins
09-17-2013, 04:18 PM

Leave it to you to compare DP to Anton LaVey and the First Church of Satan.

Below is the truth about Hotel California:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/anton_lavey2.htm

On the inside of the album cover,
pictured to the right, Anton LaVey (founder of the Church of Satan in
1966) is seen peering down from the balcony (who is circled in red).
The Eagles' manager, Larry
Salter, admitted in the Waco Tribune-Herald (Feb. 28, 1982), that the Eagles
were involved with the Church of Satan! Not surprisingly, one of the Eagles'
songs is titled “Have A Good Day in Hell.”
Around the world, the song Hotel
California is still aired on radio waves tens-of-thousands of times per day.
The song has become as a national anthem in America! Nearly every band performs
the song.

Arbo
09-17-2013, 04:27 PM

Until you get to the ritualistic mumbo jumbo, the 'Satanic Bible' makes more sense than any other religious text I have read. It is based on living your life in any fashion you want, as long as it does not have a negative effect on others. To me that is far better than the 'keep your nose in your neighbors business' style most other religions seem to use.

hjmick
09-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Oh really...

Written by Don Felder, Glenn Frey and Don Henley, this song is about materialism and excess. California is used as the setting, but it could relate to anywhere in America. Don Henley in the London Daily Mail November 9, 2007 said: "Some of the wilder interpretations of that song have been amazing. It was really about the excesses of American culture and certain girls we knew. But it was also about the uneasy balance between art and commerce."

On November 25, 2007 Henley appeared on the TV news show 60 Minutes, where he was told, "everyone wants to know what this song means." Henley replied: "I know, it's so boring. It's a song about the dark underbelly of the American Dream, and about excess in America which was something we knew about."

Don Henley put it this way: "We were all middle-class kids from the Midwest. Hotel California was our interpretation of the high life in Los Angeles."

The line "They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast" is a reference to Steely Dan. The bands shared the same manager and had a friendly rivalry. The year before, Steely Dan included the line "Turn up the Eagles, the neighbors are listening" on their song "Everything You Did."

Glenn Frey: "That record explores the under belly of success, the darker side of Paradise. Which was sort of what we were experiencing in Los Angeles at that time. So that just sort of became a metaphor for the whole world and for everything you know. And we just decided to make it Hotel California. So with a microcosm of everything else going on around us."

The hotel on the album cover is the Beverly Hills Hotel, known as the Pink Palace. It is often frequented by Hollywood stars. The photo was taken by photographers David Alexander and John Kosh, who sat in a cherry-picker about 60 feet above Sunset Boulevard to get the shot of the hotel at sunset from above the trees. The rush-hour traffic made it a harrowing experience. Check out the hotel (http://www.songfacts.com/songimage.php?id=1121).

Hotel California (http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1121)

Come on TF, quit feeding the nonsense...

jimnyc
09-17-2013, 05:20 PM
I think Hotel California was written and performed for stoners and drinkers. :)

Larrymc
09-17-2013, 05:31 PM
I think Hotel California was written and performed for stoners and drinkers. :)It work for me back in the day.:laugh:

hjmick
09-17-2013, 05:55 PM
It work for me back in the day.:laugh:

Shit. It works for me now...

Gaffer
09-17-2013, 06:09 PM
I thought it was a musical version of one of the old TV shows, Chiller, Thriller or The Twilight Zone. Back in the mid 60's there was a show with that exact same theme. But it was a couple and not a single guy. I always thought that's what inspired them to write the song.

aboutime
09-17-2013, 07:12 PM
http://youtu.be/mnkJcjBCG88

gabosaurus
09-17-2013, 11:31 PM

I can always count on some of you donkey brain fools to turn a fun thread into a pissing match. You are more than welcome to join Marcus Whatever in walking out the door. DP was a lot more fun before you came here and will resume as such after you have left.

http://i.qkme.me/3soeiv.jpg

glockmail
09-18-2013, 07:40 AM
You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave. :cheers2: Because, as a liberal, you have no sense of personal responsibility, therefore no self control.

aboutime
09-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Because, as a liberal, you have no sense of personal responsibility, therefore no self control.

glock. Now she's gonna spend the entire day trying to learn what 'personal responsibility' means.

glockmail
09-18-2013, 09:12 AM
glock. Now she's gonna spend the entire day trying to learn what 'personal responsibility' means.Like every liberal, she knows what it means. She just hates it. What liberals don't understand is that true freedom requires personal responsibility. They think true freedom is freedom from personal responsibility.

gabosaurus
09-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Because, as a liberal, you have no sense of personal responsibility, therefore no self control.

I know exactly what personal responsibility is. It means you flunkies are responsible to me. Now shut up and go make me a sandwich. :slap:

tailfins
09-18-2013, 10:17 AM
I can always count on some of you donkey brain fools to turn a fun thread into a pissing match. You are more than welcome to join Marcus Whatever in walking out the door. DP was a lot more fun before you came here and will resume as such after you have left.

How much cash is it worth to ya'? Jim has my PayPal address. It would have to be enough to buy a Nexus 7, second generation with maximum RAM available.

gabosaurus
09-18-2013, 10:31 AM
How much cash is it worth to ya'? Jim has my PayPal address. It would have to be enough to buy a Nexus 7, second generation with maximum RAM available.

I know EXACTLY how much you are worth. But I am saving it to buy a medium size Slurpee at lunch.

tailfins
09-18-2013, 10:34 AM
I know EXACTLY how much you are worth. But I am saving it to buy a medium size Slurpee at lunch.

That wasn't the question: How much cash is it worth to you to get rid of me? {Everybody notice how I don't let the insult divert from my focus of GETTING PAID}

glockmail
09-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I know exactly what personal responsibility is. It means you flunkies are responsible to me. Now shut up and go make me a sandwich. :slap:Thanks for demonstrating that my theory holds true for you. :laugh:

aboutime
09-18-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks for demonstrating that my theory holds true for you. :laugh:

First time I ever heard a Dog ask for anything, much less a sandwich. Thanks Gabby.....Now HEEL!

tailfins
09-18-2013, 08:55 PM
First time I ever heard a Dog ask for anything, much less a sandwich. Thanks Gabby.....Now HEEL!

Now we see that she's just another shrill loud-mouthed broad that won't put her money where her mouth is.

jimnyc
09-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Now we see that she's just another shrill loud-mouthed broad that won't put her money where her mouth is.

Why the term "broad"? Can't it just be that she's a loud mouth at times? Or a loud mouth woman? Not sure why the need for the broad, but it does explain why she is bitter at times and replies as she does.

glockmail
09-19-2013, 02:43 PM
"B" terms for women, from least to most desirable:

Bitch. Example: Hillary Clinton. These women know-it-all, and will force their will on you whenever they can.

Butch: Example: Rachael Maddow. These women hate men, but secretly wish that they were men.

Blimp: Example: Rosanne Barr. This is a bag (see below), just more overweight.

Bag: Example: Queen of England. Frumpy, harmless, generally lets things be.

Broad: Example: Carly Fiorina. Generally smart, tend towards bossy. Can be domineering in an attractive way.

Babe: Example: Nichole Kidman. Feminine, smart, gorgeous.

aboutime
09-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Why the term "broad"? Can't it just be that she's a loud mouth at times? Or a loud mouth woman? Not sure why the need for the broad, but it does explain why she is bitter at times and replies as she does.

Jim. Think about what you just said. You ask about using the term "broad" in such a simple way. Yet telling someone they are F'd up, or calling them other names. Are permitted here?
Sounds really silly, and nearly hypocritical. Don't ya think"
Defending gabby? And you're railing about someone using the word 'broad'? Really?

jimnyc
09-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Jim. Think about what you just said. You ask about using the term "broad" in such a simple way. Yet telling someone they are F'd up, or calling them other names. Are permitted here?
Sounds really silly, and nearly hypocritical. Don't ya think"
Defending gabby? And you're railing about someone using the word 'broad'? Really?

All of it is permitted, I was simply asking as a regular member. You guys are free to be nasty where appropriate, and free to call the gals "broads" if you feel it necessary. I just think it's a tad harsh to get somewhat personal at times, especially with our lady members, who are in a severe minority here. I don't even think the term is ALL that bad, but it was odd how it started as semi-friendly and then turned into such terms. But by no means am I telling anyone that they CAN'T say something. There are times I would prefer things to go to the cage, but this isn't one of them. I was honestly just asking how it went in that direction.

And it was more of a critique against what was said than it was a defense of Gabby. The last few times I defended her she bit my fingers for doing so.

gabosaurus
09-19-2013, 03:44 PM
And it was more of a critique against what was said than it was a defense of Gabby. The last few times I defended her she bit my fingers for doing so.

I did NOT bite your fingers! It was only playful nibbling. :p

jimnyc
09-19-2013, 03:58 PM
I did NOT bite your fingers! It was only playful nibbling. :p

Either way, word of advice - if someone stands up for you, in ANY way, it's best to be appreciative, or silent.

glockmail
09-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Yeah, so I would rate Gabs somewhere in the "bag" territory.

tailfins
09-19-2013, 07:06 PM
All of it is permitted, I was simply asking as a regular member. You guys are free to be nasty where appropriate, and free to call the gals "broads" if you feel it necessary. I just think it's a tad harsh to get somewhat personal at times, especially with our lady members, who are in a severe minority here. I don't even think the term is ALL that bad, but it was odd how it started as semi-friendly and then turned into such terms. But by no means am I telling anyone that they CAN'T say something. There are times I would prefer things to go to the cage, but this isn't one of them. I was honestly just asking how it went in that direction.

Well, you see Jim, old buddy, old pal, "broad" is beginning to get outdated. If we use it more, it will extend it's lifetime. Plus I knew a shrill feminist like Gabosaurus would just love it, she being such a fan of the 1950s and all. Besides as we discussed before, she had it coming to her. Continuing on the 1950s theme, I would like to replay her favorite song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1gfZwejPv8