PDA

View Full Version : High School AP history book ....

Arbo
09-16-2013, 09:01 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/299365/high-school-ap-history-book-rewrites-the-2nd-amendment

alters the meaning of the 2nd amendment.

Jeff
09-16-2013, 09:47 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/299365/high-school-ap-history-book-rewrites-the-2nd-amendment

Yes it does, how crazy is that, just as crazy as the high school teacher while trying to teach my now 19 year old that being we went to Irag we would go into another depression just like when we went to WW2 and it caused the great depression, I argued with my son all night over that showing him dates and all and when he came home the next day he told me no dad my teacher told me you where wrong WW2 caused the great depression.

Arbo
09-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Yes it does, how crazy is that, just as crazy as the high school teacher while trying to teach my now 19 year old that being we went to Irag we would go into another depression just like when we went to WW2 and it caused the great depression, I argued with my son all night over that showing him dates and all and when he came home the next day he told me no dad my teacher told me you where wrong WW2 caused the great depression.

I'd be at the school having a conference with the teacher and administrators.

fj1200
09-16-2013, 09:58 PM

Or, and stay with me here, they are misinformed idiots who attempt to simplify something that is already pretty simple.

fj1200
09-16-2013, 09:59 PM

Or, and stay with me here, have a conference with the misinformed idiot and then go from there. :poke:

Arbo
09-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Or, and stay with me here, they are misinformed idiots who attempt to simplify something that is already pretty simple.

I dunno, their 'paraphrase' of the 1st also includes that it is a separation of church and state thing, so it appears they are applying their desires to the descriptions rather than reality.

fj1200
09-16-2013, 10:21 PM
I dunno, their 'paraphrase' of the 1st also includes that it is a separation of church and state thing, so it appears they are applying their desires to the descriptions rather than reality.

Meh, everyone knows that we have a separation clause don't they? I'm more sad that they're dumbing it down for an AP class than paraphrasing in ignorance.

logroller
09-16-2013, 10:38 PM
I think they did an alright job, save the title. It should have read, the constitution for dummies. :thumb: Then it all makes sense.

Little-Acorn
09-16-2013, 11:05 PM
In modern language, the 2nd amendment means:

"Since an armed and capable populace is necessary for security and freedom, the right of ordinary people to own and carry guns and other such weapons cannot be taken away or restricted."

Why not put that "interpretation" into their textbooks? At least they'd be right. For a change.

Jeff
09-17-2013, 12:04 AM

We did better than that Arbo, we live in a small country town where everyone knows everyone's and we met the teacher at the baseball field, of course she had never said such a thing but my kid wouldn't of lied like that ( make no mistake my kid is no angel ) but for him to go back to school and come home with the same story after leaving for school with dates and other facts he was told different no doubt in my eyes

DragonStryk72
09-17-2013, 12:58 AM
We did better than that Arbo, we live in a small country town where everyone knows everyone's and we met the teacher at the baseball field, of course she had never said such a thing but my kid wouldn't of lied like that ( make no mistake my kid is no angel ) but for him to go back to school and come home with the same story after leaving for school with dates and other facts he was told different no doubt in my eyes

What gets me is that The Great Depression had nothing to do with either World War. In fact, thanks to the increased production by the military, our economy was doing better than it was before the war. That was part of the roaring 20s, and the Depression came out of too many people buying on margin, taking out loans to buy stock, and then when the market crashed, suddenly there was a huge problem, since nobody could pay off those loans.

Actually, historically speaking, up until basically Korea, war was pretty profitable when you come down to it.

Jeff
09-17-2013, 05:27 AM
What gets me is that The Great Depression had nothing to do with either World War. In fact, thanks to the increased production by the military, our economy was doing better than it was before the war. That was part of the roaring 20s, and the Depression came out of too many people buying on margin, taking out loans to buy stock, and then when the market crashed, suddenly there was a huge problem, since nobody could pay off those loans.

Actually, historically speaking, up until basically Korea, war was pretty profitable when you come down to it.

We where actually taught that in school, the only way out of a depression was a war because it made work which in turn built the economy back up , this teacher I spoke of was trying to say that wars break countries and she out and out lied to try and teach the kids

fj1200
09-17-2013, 07:50 AM

Not exactly.

We where actually taught that in school, the only way out of a depression was a war because it made work which in turn built the economy back up , this teacher I spoke of was trying to say that wars break countries and she out and out lied to try and teach the kids

Classic Keynesian stimulus argument that ended the GD. But wrong. There's a great article somewhere that details how FDR rejected the command and control structure of the New Deal and embraced private enterprise in ramping up the war effort.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Classic Keynesian stimulus argument that ended the GD. But wrong. There's a great article somewhere that details how FDR rejected the command and control structure of the New Deal and embraced private enterprise in ramping up the war effort. FDR actually prolonged the GD with his economic policies and he set Russia up(with his concessions) to become the number two power in the world going against the advice of a man a thousand times his superior--Winston Churchill. True history so much more interesting than dem propaganda about FDR. -TYR