PDA

View Full Version : Florida Man To Be Disciplined For Facebook Post About Islam?

Jeff
09-16-2013, 09:12 PM
I think this is ridicules that a man should be in trouble for a comment on FB, it is more of a opinion than anything else and before we go there no I don't agree with him but I don't agree with a lot of things that doesn't make it illegal or something you could lose your job over .

John Jamason incited the wrath of Council on American-Islamic Relations Florida, Inc because of a Facebook post about Islam. On Friday, September 13, the group demanded that all social media posts made by Jamason be turned over to them for inspection. They asked for a public records request to the county commission asking for communication sent by Jamason from any country computer within the past 3o days. This includes social media comments or anything that would be deemed personal. On 9/11.2013, Jamason wrote on his Facebook page," “Never forget. There is no such thing as radical Islam. All Islam is radical. There may be Muslims who don’t practice their religion, much like others. The Quran is a book that preaches hate,” the message said, according to WPTV."

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/09/florida-man-to-be-disciplined-for-facebook-post-about-islam/

Arbo
09-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Since it appears he was in a 'public' position, it is going to be a matter of what the employment policies are.

logroller
09-16-2013, 09:32 PM
I think this is mostly due to his having used a government computer for personal use-- something that has aroused employers', private and public, attention for awhile now. They couldn't force a private business to disclose such things, but I signed an agreement that i wouldn't use my work computer for personal affairs without authorization. Even email. I don't know how often they really check, but thats why I post from my phone.:laugh: On my breaks of course.

Jeff
09-16-2013, 09:42 PM
I didn't see where he used a work computer just that it was on his personal FB if he used a work computer than in all reality he should be fired for being on Fb while he was suppose to be working

Arbo
09-16-2013, 09:52 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/muslim-groups-demands-public-records-after-county-/nZwpQ/

One of the state’s leading Muslim groups on Friday asked Palm Beach County officials to turn over all of the social media comments made on county computers by a public affairs employee who posted an anti-Islamic message on his private Facebook page.

So they are asking for stuff he did at work. However, it seems those asking should get ZERO info from the county, as the story continues:

County Administrator Bob Weisman said the county is reviewing whether to discipline Jamason. An internal review found that the Facebook post was not made from a county computer, Weisman said.

So he should probably be in the clear. But in todays overly PC society, who knows.

He is a moron for having his FB profile public though.

Jeff
09-17-2013, 12:17 AM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/muslim-groups-demands-public-records-after-county-/nZwpQ/

So they are asking for stuff he did at work. However, it seems those asking should get ZERO info from the county, as the story continues:

So he should probably be in the clear. But in todays overly PC society, who knows.

He is a moron for having his FB profile public though.

OK, it threw me off as I read it and thought when I first saw your post that is was clear as can be ( thank goodness I get tired of being wrong :laugh:) I seen where they where asking for all done on there computers but he could of done it at home . As for him being a Moron it seems more and more employers are checking on new and old employees through FB, heck when I met the Club I ride with the first thing I was asked was if I had FB, people are getting a lot of info off of that site