PDA

View Full Version : US Security "Tests" G8 Surveillance With Explosives

chum43
06-10-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.eux.tv/article.aspx?articleId=9424

from article
"Police said they were concerned about violence, because protesters had been seen making petrol bombs or inserting nails in potatoes to use as missiles. Protesters had also planned to tie down riot police with diversions.

German police are under legal restrictions, and cannot use firearms against protesters on land or at sea.

On land they have have manhandled sitting protesters or hosed down larger groups with cold water from police trucks. Lines of riot police have used plastic clubs and shields to drive back the protesters.

Sources told Deutsche Presse-Agentur dpa that US security men tested German security by trying to smuggle C4 plastic explosive past a checkpoint at Heiligendamm.

German surveillance machinery detected the tiny stash in a suitcase in a car and the Americans in plainclothes then identified themselves. German police declined comment."

looks as though a bunch of unidentified US Security men with clearance tried to smuggle explosives past german police, and when they were caught they claimed they were just testing them and were set free... meanwhile german police claim protesters were making bombs and "nail/potatoe missiles" that were never used or seen by anyone... I'll tell you what, I don't protest, but if I did I'd be scared as hell to do so, they fake protester violence and terrorism and then they beat the living daylights out of you, thats how it works... it happened in 2001 at the G8...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2636647.stm

from article
"Italian media have been publishing transcripts of an inquiry into the policing of the 2001 Genoa G8 summit in which officers admit fabricating evidence against protesters.
Suspected truths which had already emerged are being officially confirmed

At the centre of the inquiry is a police raid on a school being used as a dormitory by anti-globalisation demonstrators, in which dozens of people were injured.

A senior officer, Pietro Troiani, reportedly admitted under questioning that two petrol bombs allegedly found at the school were planted by police to justify the raid.

In fact, they had been found elsewhere in the city, in the Corsa Italia, where protesters and police had clashed earlier in the day.

Mr Troiani's lawyer later denied any involvement of his client in fabricating evidence, saying he had only handed the bombs to another police official, reports say."

so the guy admitted the police staged the bombs, and then later said he had nothing to do with planting the bombs because he simply handed them to another officer to plant... pretty cut and dry... they proceeded to severely beat protesters and then arrest them.

chum43
06-12-2007, 01:53 PM
I guess no one has anything to say about the need to make an excuse to beat the hell out of protesters and make them look like terrorists.