PDA

View Full Version : AR-15: Anti-Gun Narrative Blows Up In Face of CNN, Daily News

Jeff
09-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Looks like the Daily news and CNN showed what side they where on in the fight for gun control, only problem is they were shown to be wrong .

Tuesday's New York Daily News cover story (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ar-15-rifle-sport-hunting-humans-article-1.1458039) is nothing more than a long-form editorial that attempts to make the AR-15 (a semiautomatic sport rifle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15)) the bad guy in Monday's horrific Navy Yard shooting. Last night, CNN attempted to do the same through blowhard Piers Morgan. But there is just one problem: CNN and The Daily News are 100% wrong. The FBI has just confirmed (https://twitter.com/PamelaBrownCNN/status/379960354841047040) that a shotgun and two pistols were recovered, and that the "gunman was NOT armed with [an] AR-15."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/09/17/Ar-15-daily-news-cnn-already-blow-anti-gun-narrative

logroller
09-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Since when does the reality of circumstances have anything to do with support for the anti-gun narrative? Its not even about controlling guns really, its about guns limiting control.

revelarts
09-17-2013, 12:48 PM
is the guy a Muslim yet?

Jeff
09-17-2013, 01:07 PM
is the guy a Muslim yet?

Why would the guy have to be a Muslim ?

Trigg
09-17-2013, 01:20 PM
is the guy a Muslim yet?

I'm pretty sure they were hoping he was a conservative white guy.

revelarts
09-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Why would the guy have to be a Muslim ?

I'm pretty sure they were hoping he was a conservative white guy.

depends on which group is rushing to judgement.

aboutime
09-17-2013, 01:33 PM
is the guy a Muslim yet?

rev. Hope you are proud of yourself. Being the first, openly Racist member on this thread.

Why would his religious beliefs be important? UNLESS...You wanted them to be important?

You sound more Liberal, and Democrat InTolerant than jafar.

revelarts
09-17-2013, 01:45 PM
rev. Hope you are proud of yourself. Being the first, openly Racist member on this thread.
Why would his religious beliefs be important? UNLESS...You wanted them to be important?
You sound more Liberal, and Democrat InTolerant than jafar.

...and you didn't get my point again.

aboutime
09-17-2013, 01:48 PM

Oh? Right. I'm supposed to be a mind reader too? 5546

Jeff
09-17-2013, 02:11 PM

I didn't either how about a explanation ?

logroller
09-17-2013, 02:30 PM
I didn't either how about a explanation ?
I believe he's referring to the narrative that such acts of mass killing are often presumed to be attributable to Muslims.

Gaffer
09-17-2013, 02:48 PM
I didn't even see this news until yesterday afternoon. I was engrossed in a book. When I turned the news on I saw what was being reported. A picture of the guy, and I wondered if he was a black muslim, then I saw his name and thought, nope not likely. I also ruled out tea party affiliate. Next consideration, he's bat shit crazy.

Then came the reports of his being armed with an AR-15. I doubted that report. Turns out he had a shot gun and a couple of pistols at least one he a got from a cop he shot early on. It's kinda fun and predictable to watch the media immediately jump to their agenda conclusions.

And finally today I heard they were wondering how a man with a criminal record and psychological problems could get a security clearance to a govt facility. I have the answer to that. It's called affirmative action. He's black and no one wanted to appear racist by refusing him employment no matter what his background check revealed.

Oh yeah, and he was a Buddhist. I'm sure that will send a tingle down jafar's leg. After all this time he can finally point to someone that isn't muslim as a mass shooter. Although the guy was just bat shit crazy.

At least FOX has started to pull away from this story a bit and is covering the flood in CO and the goings on in syria.

revelarts
09-17-2013, 03:07 PM
AR15s don't get any love when when it's discovered they weren't the tool of unjust killing.

And Muslims don't get any points when other crazy people are mass shooters.

When the Oklahoma city bombing happened everyone said it was "Muslims" at 1st.
Come to find out it was a(?) white guy, former military.

No mass accusations of white former military being subhuman, with a few good ones mixed in.
At least not by white former military and family.

just a thought

Jeff
09-17-2013, 03:13 PM
I believe he's referring to the narrative that such acts of mass killing are often presumed to be attributable to Muslims.

Thanks Log , I figured that was what he was doing but I wasn't sure if he was referring to some on here rushing to that assumption or whether it was just in General, after reading the board the last couple days ya have to wonder about everything that is posted