PDA

View Full Version : Students Take Field Trip to Mosque, Receive Koran

Jeff
09-18-2013, 06:09 PM
This is real simple if ya want to show kids religion then either show all or none, but this is clearly our Government at work ( I should say our current Gov) kids being punished for not wanting to go to a Mosque but if one liberal doesn't like the Christmas decorations take them down. I have no problem with kids learning about other religions but like I said do it for all religions or don't do it and give them facts not fairy tales .

A Tennessee high school has decided to revise its field trip policy after a group of freshmen were taken to an Islamic mosque where they were given copies of the Koran and while a student who opted out of the trip was given a worksheet that alleged Muslims treated their conquered people better than the United States treated minorities.
The students were in an honors world studies class at Hendersonville High School and the field trips to the mosque as well as a Hindu temple were part of a three-week course on world religions.
But some parents objected to the trips and wondered why the school would tour a mosque but not a Christian church or a Jewish synagogue.
“If you can’t go to all five, why are you going to any?” asked parent Mike Conner. “We sent the principal an email and voiced our concerns. She sent back a reply and told us they could not afford to go to all five.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/students-take-field-trip-to-mosque-receive-koran.html

jafar00
09-18-2013, 10:10 PM
If it was part of their course, what is wrong with it?

tailfins
09-18-2013, 10:17 PM

The double standard is what's wrong with it. Islam gets favored while Christianity is suppressed. There's an unmistakable pattern.

red states rule
09-19-2013, 04:32 AM

http://freethoughtblogs.com/taslima/files/2013/03/Muslim-Cartoon1.jpg

jafar00
09-19-2013, 05:36 AM
So you go on and on and on about them visiting a mosque, but don't mention at all the fact that they also went to a HINDU TEMPLE. Speaking of double standards.

tailfins
09-19-2013, 07:07 AM
So you go on and on and on about them visiting a mosque, but don't mention at all the fact that they also went to a HINDU TEMPLE. Speaking of double standards.

That's another Eastern religion. What you're missing "on the ground" is that many in the Bible Belt have pulled their kids out of school. Many government schools are hostile to conservative Christianity and to some extent Orthodox Judaism. When they bend over backwards for Eastern religions, it's a real poke in the eye.

Jeff
09-19-2013, 07:48 AM

What part of the article didn't you understand ? It's real simple if you are going to visit one ( or two ) then you visit all, and if you are going to teach then teach facts not the fairy tales you would like to have us believe, personally if my kids where made to go and received a Koran I would be happy we could leave it in the bathroom for those horrible days where ya run out of TP.

red states rule
09-19-2013, 02:56 PM

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g451/MichaelMyers87/StarTrekTripleFacePalm.jpg

jafar00
09-20-2013, 12:20 AM
What part of the article didn't you understand ? It's real simple if you are going to visit one ( or two ) then you visit all, and if you are going to teach then teach facts not the fairy tales you would like to have us believe, personally if my kids where made to go and received a Koran I would be happy we could leave it in the bathroom for those horrible days where ya run out of TP.

How do you know they didn't also visit a Church and a Synagogue as part of their studies? The Honours course they were taking is not mentioned at all in any of the Islam bashing stories that have been plastered all over the net as is typical for all of these types of stories. Only information relevant to the anti Islamic agenda is included.

BTW, I would not show the same level of disrespect for your holy book as you would do mine. It is against my religion and my good nature to do so. You should be ashamed.

logroller
09-20-2013, 01:37 AM
How do you know they didn't also visit a Church and a Synagogue as part of their studies? The Honours course they were taking is not mentioned at all in any of the Islam bashing stories that have been plastered all over the net as is typical for all of these types of stories. Only information relevant to the anti Islamic agenda is included.

BTW, I would not show the same level of disrespect for your holy book as you would do mine. It is against my religion and my good nature to do so. You should be ashamed.
Th article said that they didn't go to either a church or synagogue due to budget constraints. Apparently the parents would rather have them go to none than some. Personally I've taken my kids to both a church and synagogue, so it would be duplicative. But in a public school it gives off the appearance of favoritism.

I'm not that religious but I wouldn't deface a religious text in such a way either. (Or any text for that matter) Although I have used the watchtower as bathroom reading before and just tossed it in the trash when I was done. Usually it goes straight to the trash once I close the door. I don't consider that a text though; its barely a periodical IMO. Although I should consider recycling it, but repurposing it as TP-- OUCH! I'd rather just take a shower.

red states rule
09-20-2013, 01:46 AM
Before you know it the holiday season will be here

The same open minded and tolerant people whose nothing wrong with taking kids to a Mosque and pushing a Koran in their face will scream bloody murder over these same kids singing Christmas Carols, having a Christmas party, exchanging Christmas cards or gifts; or putting on a Christmas play

It happens every year with the left's annual War on Christmas