PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip!

jimnyc
09-20-2013, 06:15 AM
My brother and I (John) are taking a road trip, leaving this afternoon. We'll head South and stop for the evening somewhere in Virginia off of Rt. 81. We'll pick up early tomorrow AM and arrive at Dad's place in Lexington, SC. We'll spend some quality time with Dad till sometime on Wednesday. See some sites, the zoo and some good southern food. Then on Wednesday, perhaps all of us, but at least John and I, will continue South into Georgia to go visit Jeff. We'll get there Wednesday night and will be staying until Saturday morning.

It will be nice in Georgia, as we'll have Jeff, John and I together, which is rare enough, and Dad will be there too, and I think even Dan may be there. We'll have a blast in Jeff's area too, as it'll be great to see him and his boys, and get them riled up since we get to go stay in a hotel at the end of the night once they're wound up enough! LOL

That, and Jeff has some toys we can play with, namely an AR15. That we'll go to the range with, but since he lives in the sticks, we can pop off some of his pistol right in his yard. I forget which guns he has, but I'm sure he'll clarify when he sees us.

Oh, and of course more great food in Jeff's area! It's not like we can't get good food here in NY, but this will be good southern food, which you can rarely get up here. I'll likely gain about 20lbs this week! And then OCA can tell me to "lay off the krispy kremes" again! :lol: No donuts for me so long as I have good food like that available! And they also have "Krystals" down there (I think I spelled it right), which is the South's version of "White Castle". It's right near the hotel I booked, so I'll probably buy like 70-80 of them at night. LOL

And I did pack my camera for the trip, so I will try and get some pictures, but I always forget. Plus I am the worst photographer ever. Either the pictures come out horrible, or they are of dumb things, but I'll try!!

logroller
09-20-2013, 06:30 AM
My brother and I (John) are taking a road trip, leaving this afternoon. We'll head South and stop for the evening somewhere in Virginia off of Rt. 81. We'll pick up early tomorrow AM and arrive at Dad's place in Lexington, SC. We'll spend some quality time with Dad till sometime on Wednesday. See some sites, the zoo and some good southern food. Then on Wednesday, perhaps all of us, but at least John and I, will continue South into Georgia to go visit Jeff. We'll get there Wednesday night and will be staying until Saturday morning.

It will be nice in Georgia, as we'll have Jeff, John and I together, which is rare enough, and Dad will be there too, and I think even Dan may be there. We'll have a blast in Jeff's area too, as it'll be great to see him and his boys, and get them riled up since we get to go stay in a hotel at the end of the night once they're wound up enough! LOL

That, and Jeff has some toys we can play with, namely an AR15. That we'll go to the range with, but since he lives in the sticks, we can pop off some of his pistol right in his yard. I forget which guns he has, but I'm sure he'll clarify when he sees us.

Oh, and of course more great food in Jeff's area! It's not like we can't get good food here in NY, but this will be good southern food, which you can rarely get up here. I'll likely gain about 20lbs this week! And then OCA can tell me to "lay off the krispy kremes" again! :lol: No donuts for me so long as I have good food like that available! And they also have "Krystals" down there (I think I spelled it right), which is the South's version of "White Castle". It's right near the hotel I booked, so I'll probably buy like 70-80 of them at night. LOL

And I did pack my camera for the trip, so I will try and get some pictures, but I always forget. Plus I am the worst photographer ever. Either the pictures come out horrible, or they are of dumb things, but I'll try!!
Sounds like a man trip. First rule of man trip is have fun...as much as you an get away with. A close second is don't spill beer in the action.
Have a blast guys! :beer:

In related news, abbey and I are going to a phish concert-- gonna get all libbed up. :lol:

jimnyc
09-20-2013, 06:35 AM
Sounds like a man trip. First rule of man trip is have fun...as much as you an get away with. A close second is don't spill beer in the action.

In related news, abbey and I are going to a phish concert-- gonna get all libbed up. :lol:

Not much of a drinker to be honest. But if the guys wanna toss a few back, I'll get them some beer, and a bottle of vodka or Jager for myself. It will be a good mix for shooting the AR! LOL

And enjoy your concert ya dirty bastard! Get me an autograph from one of the fish heads!

Jeff
09-20-2013, 06:39 AM

Yall be careful , looking forward to see yall soon

logroller
09-20-2013, 06:50 AM
Not much of a drinker to be honest. But if the guys wanna toss a few back, I'll get them some beer, and a bottle of vodka or Jager for myself. It will be a good mix for shooting the AR! LOL

And enjoy your concert ya dirty bastard! Get me an autograph from one of the fish heads!
Yea well, no liquor in the action either.

Kidding on the concert. If I were to bring you a souvenir it'd be an actual phish head, not one of their autographs and I sent my broad sword in a care package to the Syrian rebels.

Larrymc
09-20-2013, 06:59 AM

And I did pack my camera for the trip, so I will try and get some pictures, but I always forget. Plus I am the worst photographer ever. Either the pictures come out horrible, or they are of dumb things, but I'll try!!Have a safe trip. "Enjoy"

jimnyc
09-20-2013, 09:12 AM
I hate driving. Or should I clarify, I enjoy driving, I hate being in a car for longer than 2-4 hours before I get antsy. So even letting go of the wheel and being a passenger for awhile won't do much to help. That's why I figure about 6-7 hours driving tonight to get half the trip done, then continue early tomorrow morning and have the majority of the day to us in SC with Dad.

But being in the truck with this bastard for so long is gonna be an issue. I might have to toss him out in Maryland or Virginia, depending on his behavior! :coffee:

My truck, which means my music. Permission is needed to change stations or put CD's in. I was kind enough to remind him to bring some of his music. I was just being friendly, as my Ipod will run the whole time. He listens to some heavy heavy metal, which will make me angry and want to run people off the road and punch him in the face. LOL

Oh, and I stop like every half an hour. I drink so much that I'll need the facilities, and of course a refill, and just to stretch my legs.

And when we need to make up some time, I'll switch and let him drive and be a "backseat driver" and nag him until he speeds, and this way any potential tickets are on him. :laugh:

And if I do OD on the coffee, I'm a friggin blabbermouth. I'll interrupt songs left and right, as well as hitting the next song button until I find something I like, only to do it again about 20 seconds into the song. Volume goes up and down. Is that like ADD? I dunno, but it works for me! Long trip for this fucker though!! :salute:

fj1200
09-20-2013, 09:40 AM
^Jeff said you were coming down. Have a good time and enjoy the coolish GA weather.

Gaffer
09-20-2013, 09:51 AM
I hate driving. Or should I clarify, I enjoy driving, I hate being in a car for longer than 2-4 hours before I get antsy. So even letting go of the wheel and being a passenger for awhile won't do much to help. That's why I figure about 6-7 hours driving tonight to get half the trip done, then continue early tomorrow morning and have the majority of the day to us in SC with Dad.

But being in the truck with this bastard for so long is gonna be an issue. I might have to toss him out in Maryland or Virginia, depending on his behavior! :coffee:

My truck, which means my music. Permission is needed to change stations or put CD's in. I was kind enough to remind him to bring some of his music. I was just being friendly, as my Ipod will run the whole time. He listens to some heavy heavy metal, which will make me angry and want to run people off the road and punch him in the face. LOL

Oh, and I stop like every half an hour. I drink so much that I'll need the facilities, and of course a refill, and just to stretch my legs.

And when we need to make up some time, I'll switch and let him drive and be a "backseat driver" and nag him until he speeds, and this way any potential tickets are on him. :laugh:

And if I do OD on the coffee, I'm a friggin blabbermouth. I'll interrupt songs left and right, as well as hitting the next song button until I find something I like, only to do it again about 20 seconds into the song. Volume goes up and down. Is that like ADD? I dunno, but it works for me! Long trip for this fucker though!! :salute:

I was wondering how the two of you, confined in a small place, were going to keep from strangling each other? Ah you can just feel the brotherly love flowing from the truck, with an occasional curse, smack and swerve of the truck.

Larrymc
09-20-2013, 09:53 AM

And if I do OD on the coffee, I'm a friggin blabbermouth. I'll interrupt songs left and right, as well as hitting the next song button until I find something I like, only to do it again about 20 seconds into the song. Volume goes up and down. Is that like ADD? I dunno, but it works for me! Long trip for this fucker though!! :salute:I can fell the love for him, :laugh: or should i say why do you hate him so much.:laugh:

jimnyc
09-20-2013, 10:00 AM
I was wondering how the two of you, confined in a small place, were going to keep from strangling each other? Ah you can just feel the brotherly love flowing from the truck, with an occasional curse, smack and swerve of the truck.

I can fell the love for him, :laugh: or should i say why do you hate him so much.:laugh:

We're only one year apart and actually have a real lot in common. We get along well too, most of the time. If we get stuck in traffic I can see getting angry and blaming it on him, but outside of that it should be a fun time together.

gabosaurus
09-20-2013, 10:38 AM
And then OCA can tell me to "lay off the krispy kremes" again!

BLASPHEMY!! The Church of Krispy Kremes requires daily worship! Preferably in the morning when the temple is warm. :cheers2:

jimnyc
09-20-2013, 10:43 AM
BLASPHEMY!! The Church of Krispy Kremes requires daily worship! Preferably in the morning when the temple is warm. :cheers2:

Thought maybe you were talking about something else :poke:

As much as I love to eat, sweets included, I never got into KK's too much. They were TOO much, overboard on the various kremes and sugar. Kind of like Cinnabon's, which we all know are awesome, but each one will put 5lbs on you and make you think you ate an elephant and 2 Thanksgiving dinners!

Abbey Marie
09-20-2013, 11:53 AM

What do you mean "get" all libbed up? Need I post my official Dead Head membership card? :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
09-20-2013, 11:55 AM

Throw me a wave when you cross into the Delaware border on 95. I might be in the next car!

Abbey Marie
09-20-2013, 11:57 AM
We're only one year apart and actually have a real lot in common. We get along well too, most of the time. If we get stuck in traffic I can see getting angry and blaming it on him, but outside of that it should be a fun time together.

Say Hi to John for me. :cool:

hjmick
09-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Jim? In South Carolina? Crap. There goes the neighborhood...

Gaffer
09-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Jim? In South Carolina? Crap. There goes the neighborhood...

Even worse, Jim AND John.

Arbo
09-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Throw me a wave when you cross into the Delaware border on 95. I might be in the next car!

People actually live in Delaware? Wow. ;)

Have a good trip Jim.

Abbey Marie
09-20-2013, 01:10 PM
People actually live in Delaware? Wow. ;)

Have a good trip Jim.

Well, Joe Biden did. :laugh2:

Arbo
09-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Well, Joe Biden did. :laugh2:

I don't think that's something to brag about. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
09-20-2013, 01:18 PM
I don't think that's something to brag about. :laugh:

Hence the laughing icon. Let me tell you, it isn't easy being Conservative in Delaware. Voting feels like an exercise in futility every year.

Arbo
09-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Hence the laughing icon. Let me tell you, it isn't easy being Conservative in Delaware. Voting feels like an exercise in futility every year.

It's becoming more and more futile everywhere. Here in CO it is due to being overrun by idiots that moved away from CA and came to destroy this state too.

Gaffer
09-20-2013, 01:59 PM
It's becoming more and more futile everywhere. Here in CO it is due to being overrun by idiots that moved away from CA and came to destroy this state too.

I've always suspected CA was at fault. CO use to be a really cold state.

Abbey Marie
09-20-2013, 06:00 PM

Sounds like what is happening to New Hampshire from the "Massholes" moving in.

Arbo
09-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Sounds like what is happening to New Hampshire from the "Massholes" moving in.

They spread like cancer. Destroy their own state, hate it, move to another and do the same crap. Idiots.

jimnyc
09-20-2013, 06:17 PM
sweet! on 78 in Pa doing about 80. using my cell as hotspot but too damn slow connecting to it from my tablet. want to kill brother already who is purposely hitting bumps and weaving to screw mme up. f this' too much of a pain to type this way!

Larrymc
09-20-2013, 06:23 PM
They spread like cancer. Destroy their own state, hate it, move to another and do the same crap. Idiots.Its a Epidemic, or it an Invasion, either way it don't sound good, Worse now that i think about it i see signs of it in Texas.:panicsmiley:

hjmick
09-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Damn shame you won't be here in the Holy City, Jim, could have broken bread...

jimnyc
09-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Damn shame you won't be here in the Holy City, Jim, could have broken bread...

Forgot where u were at! My dad is bringing us to Charleston one day to walk around the sights, been there a few times actually. Not sure which day, and u wouldn't be around during the day, would you? I am sure we will be there Monday or Tuesday.

hjmick
09-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Damn. Working both days. Maybe Next. Or who knows, the Mrs. has never been to New York...

jimnyc
09-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Had fun today, shot an AR15, a .38. a .40 a .45 & 300 MAG (some sort of rifle that they shoot Elk with).

Hello NSA! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
09-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Had fun today, shot an AR15, a .38. a .40 a .45 & 300 MAG (some sort of rifle that they shoot Elk with).

Hello NSA! :laugh2:

Jim, that wasn't what I meant by "do some shots". :laugh2: