PDA

View Full Version : What the toughest gun regulations get you

jimnyc
09-20-2013, 11:11 AM
(both same story basically)

13 shot in mass shooting at Chicago park...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-multiple-people-including-3yearold-shot-in-south-side-attack-20130919,0,352520.story

13 shot — including a 3-year-old boy — in Back of the YardsThirteen people were shot — including a 3-year-old boy — Thursday night at a South Side park when two gunmen opened fire on a group gathered at a basketball court in the Back of the Yards neighborhood.

As bullets began to fly about 10:15 p.m., the group scattered, taking cover wherever they could at Cornell Square Park, police and witnesses said.

Julian Harris, 22, said his 3-year-old nephew, Deonta “Tay-man” Howard, was shot in the face.

Deonta was taken in critical condition to Mount Sinai Hospital, according to Fire Media Affairs.

Harris said dreadlocked gunmen in a gray sedan fired at him at the corner of Wood and 51st before turning north on Wood and shooting up the park. According to other witnesses, two gunman got out of the car and began shooting.

Police said the shooting was gang-related, but they could not describe how the shooting occurred.

“They hit the light pole next to me but I ducked down and ran into the house,” Harris said. “They’ve been coming round here looking for people to shoot every night — just gang-banging stuff. It’s what they do.”

http://www.suntimes.com/22678686-761/13-shot-including-a-3-year-old-boy-in-back-of-the-yards.html

Abbey Marie
09-20-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure the "Wild West" was ever this crazy. Sad.

Gaffer
09-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Gee, maybe Chicago should make it illegal to own and carry guns in the city. Or post a gun free zone sign in the area. I'm sure that would stop all this gun violence. I didn't see a mention of AR-15's.

Arbo
09-20-2013, 12:38 PM
It's not guns that are the problem, it's idiots that offer nothing to society, and think that having a 'real job' is for suckers.

aboutime
09-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Sounds like the people of Chicago really took Rahm's advice to Obama seriously.

"Never let a good crisis, go to waste!"

Chicago is now the MURDER capitol of the nation.

Hope Rahm is proud.