PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Movie

hjmick
09-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Maybe we already have a thread in this vein, I didn't feel like searching to find out.

Easier to start a new one... Call me lazy...

Okay... So let's recommend movies. Preferably something maybe not everyone has seen, perhaps something slightly obscure. Old or new. Even a new release.

I'll start...

Eulogy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BYbNU7U3OE

I saw this shortly after the death of my dad. Might have been the first time I laughed after that...

Thunderknuckles
09-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Maybe we already have a thread in this vein, I didn't feel like searching to find out.

Easier to start a new one... Call me lazy...

Okay... So let's recommend movies. Preferably something maybe not everyone has seen, perhaps something slightly obscure. Old or new. Even a new release.

I'll start...

Eulogy

I saw this shortly after the death of my dad. Might have been the first time I laughed after that...
I ran across Solomon Kane on Netlfix a couple weeks ago. Was expecting a C- movie for a lazy weekend afternoon but it turned out to be a pretty good flick

revelarts
09-20-2013, 04:57 PM
this movie is not for everyone but it's a great quiet film. imo the best superhero made to date.

unbreakable

Bruce Willis Samuel L Jackson
M Knight Slamaliidng.kl..llhamer film

hjmick
09-20-2013, 05:24 PM
I ran across Solomon Kane on Netlfix a couple weeks ago. Was expecting a C- movie for a lazy weekend afternoon but it turned out to be a pretty good flick

Thanks for the tip. I like James Purefoy.

Abbey Marie
10-07-2013, 06:29 PM
A Song is Born (1948)
Starring Danny Kaye, Virginia Mayo and Benny Goodman

Shy introverted Professor Hobart Frisbee (Danny Kaye) runs a musical
research institute. Along with his a team of music professors, among
them Professor Magenbruch (Benny Goodman), they are writing a musical
encyclopedia. Two window washers... make them aware that
there are several new musical styles - jazz,, swing, boogie woogie and
bebop. Arriving on the scene is Honey Swanson (Virginia Mayo), a night
club singer and the girlfriend of gangster Tony Crow (Steve Cochran).
She needs to hide out for awhile so that she can't be made to testify
against him.
From IMDB

Arbo
10-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Most of the movies I seem to watch when I have time, are on Netflix, which means old or horrible. I'll have to think about if I have seen anything there worth watching.

fj1200
10-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Most of the movies I seem to watch when I have time, are on Netflix, which means old or horrible. I'll have to think about if I have seen anything there worth watching.

And cross off anything financed by Canada. There's a reason Hollywood is not North of the border.

KitchenKitten99
10-07-2013, 10:45 PM
"Mozart's Sister"

It is a foreign film, all in French. But there are subtitles. Best to watch the movie two times. First to read the subtitles and get the story. Second to actually enjoy the film itself. The story and the actors' performances is/are much more enjoyable the second time where you don't have to pay 100% attention to the subtitles to know what they are saying. Unless you are fluent in French, of course.

If you want to see a badly done but oddly entertaining 'creature' movie for Halloween, 'Croczilla' is for you. As bad as an M. Night Shayamalan movie but with dubbed English over what is obviously Japanese. It was very much like a train-wreck but a staged one...

Abbey Marie
10-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Meet Joe Black

I'm sure you've all heard of this Brad Pitt/Anthony Hopkins movie, but might not have seen it. It is one of my favorite movies. Give it a try.

Mr. P
10-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Meet Joe Black

I'm sure you've all heard of this Brad Pitt/Anthony Hopkins movie, but might not have seen it. It is one of my favorite movies. Give it a try.

A good movie, I've watch it several times.

Arbo
10-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Boondock Saints. Just watched it for the first time, was enjoyable, bad acting and all.