PDA

View Full Version : 13 people shot in Chicago in on night. Where are the gun grabbers at?

red states rule
09-21-2013, 05:03 AM
For some reason not a peep out of the gun grabbing left over a the shooting gallery in Chi Town. I believe Chicago has the strictest gun laws in America so why all the violence?

Perhaps because the criminals know the public has been disarmed and are helpless?

A Chicago grandmother pleads for a respite as television cameras roll: "Y'all out here killing these innocent people, kids, parents, grandparents, mothers, fathers: It's got to stop. You need to stop."
Semehca Nunn's grandson, Deonta Howard, was in a hospital after being shot in the head Thursday night. In all, 13 people were. None of the victims suffered life-threatening injuries, but that fact offered little relief.

Once again, Chicago is in the spotlight over gun violence; a reminder that it is the city with the highest number of homicides in the country.

An assault-style rifle with a high-capacity magazine was used in the shooting, which appears to be gang-related, Chicago Police Superintendent Garry F. McCarthy said Friday.

The violence "needs to stop," a tearful Nunn said after she came home to find police and television cameras all around. It was only then that she learned that her grandson had been shot in the ear and that the bullet exited through his mouth.

Deonta's condition has stabilized, and he is heavily sedated and will have plastic surgery on his face, Nunn said.

"They said he is going to be OK," she said. "That's what Grandma gave him, strong man, 3 years old, strong survivor."

The other victims include two 15-year-olds who were listed in stable condition, said Officer Ron Gaines of the Chicago Police Department. The rest were adults ages 21 to 41.
Video from CNN affiliate WLS-TV (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local/chicago_news&id=9255232)showed police had taped off an outdoor basketball court at Cornell Square Park.

No suspects were in custody as of Friday, and police were focused on interviewing witnesses and victims and gathering any video that may be available.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/20/justice/chicago-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Trigg
09-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Besides the gun issue. What were two 15yr olds and a 3yr old doing out at 10:30 at night on a Thursday???

If these kids had decent parents they would have been either in bed or getting ready for bed and SCHOOL the next day.

I'm sure no one saw anything that would help the police :bs1:

Gaffer
09-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Besides the gun issue. What were two 15yr olds and a 3yr old doing out at 10:30 at night on a Thursday???

If these kids had decent parents they would have been either in bed or getting ready for bed and SCHOOL the next day.

I'm sure no one saw anything that would help the police :bs1:

First thing I thought of as well. I'll bet they get no cooperation from the victims or any of the locals.

aboutime
09-21-2013, 07:04 PM
For some reason not a peep out of the gun grabbing left over a the shooting gallery in Chi Town. I believe Chicago has the strictest gun laws in America so why all the violence?

Perhaps because the criminals know the public has been disarmed and are helpless?

We cannot, and should not forget that Rahm..the Pretend Mayor of Chicago was Obama's Chief of Staff, and taught Obama about never allowing a crisis go to waste. So. Nobody in the Obama administration. And most especially...Holder/Obama are never going to DESTROY THEIR BOY in any way by pointing fingers at him, and his Lousy, Terrible, Unqualified methods.

The National Guard, and FBI should be on the ground in that CITY, and start cleaning house. In the Mayor's office first.