View Full Version : Nifong goes to court... to defend himself

06-10-2007, 08:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-dukelacrosse&prov=ap&type=lgns

Serves him right.

Gunny
06-10-2007, 08:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-dukelacrosse&prov=ap&type=lgns

Serves him right.

I hope this guy gets disbarred. What he did was a disgrace.

Kathianne
06-10-2007, 08:29 PM
I hope this guy gets disbarred. What he did was a disgrace.

He should be disbarred and civilly sued by the players.

5stringJeff
06-10-2007, 08:40 PM
He should be disbarred and civilly sued by the players.

Word.

Mr. P
06-10-2007, 08:46 PM
"It's how he's going to be remembered," Vann said. "Nobody knows anything about the previous 28 years. The cases he's tried and won, and the cases he's tried well and won. They're just not (going to be remembered)."

Yup, one 'ah shit' wipes out 1000 'atta boys' every time.

Gaffer
06-10-2007, 08:52 PM
They are going to have to revue all the cases he has tried in the past for further discrepancies. It's possible he's done this more than once.

Abbey Marie
06-10-2007, 11:21 PM
They are going to have to revue all the cases he has tried in the past for further discrepancies. It's possible he's done this more than once.

I was thinking the same thing. :salute:

jimnyc
06-11-2007, 05:49 AM
Nothing will ever change the fact that Nifong had these guys hung out to dry before they had their day in court. He had them convicted in the media before they even had a chance to properly defend themselves. I don't think any attorney should be playing out an investigation or trial in the media as much as he did. He was looking for fame for being a hard ass against the elite, only he chose the wrong case to make a point. The boys were innocent and eventually declared as much. But in his zeal to prosecute he cut corners and cheated to make his case. He should receive a prison sentence himself, even if the boys did eventually get cleared. Taking advantage of such a position deserves severe consequences.