PDA

View Full Version : Baseball tournament

Jeff
09-22-2013, 12:13 AM
I am so proud of my boys today, I was dreading another day sitting at the ball park all day long ( and in the rain no less ) well our team won both games today and My two boys did fantastic , the first game Wyatt ( the youngest ) made a couple catches in the out field that where fantastic and Colt got up and hit the ball ( I was sure it was gone ) so Hard I jumped up and was ready to scream its gone when it hit the top rail on the fence ( which this field has a Big yellow tube like thing on top of the fence and the fence is already higher than the regular fields ) but he hit the yellow tube ( still a great shot )

The second Game Colt Got up the first time and smacked one over center field , when I went to get the ball I seen there was a deep ditch behind the fence and the ball was on the other side so no way it bounced over there , so he hit the shot about 230 ' ( heck of a shot for 11 ) And Wyatt came in to pitch , both boys hit every time up and we won the second game also . We are seated #3 for the tournament tomorrow ( two other teams also won out but scored more points than us ) and we are ranked 17 in the State , that is out of 60 teams and we are a brand new team , most teams have been playing together for a while, we are also a AA team and have AAA and Majors above us that are also ranked amongst us , the Majors is where states pick there National All Stars from, ya have to play on a Majors team to be asked to try out and if picked then you travel to other countries to represent the USA to play ( so needless to say these kids are good, nope not all will be asked to try out but they are good just to get that ranking )

Wyatt on the mound pitching

The team congratulating Colt after his Home run shot at the plate

Yes Colt is the one with the Helmet covering his eyes, heck he was so excited I don't think it mattered at that point if he could see or not

SassyLady
09-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Days like this is what makes it all worth it.

Jeff
09-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Days like this is what makes it all worth it.

Yes they do SassyLady, Wyatt ( the youngest ) is always the star he is the kid that plays short stop ,pitches ect..... makes the all stars and everyone talks about what a natural he is, Colt on the other hand struggles and his coach came to me during rec ball and told me the Travel ball coach had watched Wyatt working with Colt's team and wanted to recruit him for the travel ball team ( which honestly wasn't a big surprise , Wyatt is a athlete , so being I really like Colt's coach and he would also be helping with the team I said sure ( Travel ball can be bad, it is all about winning and they will ruin a kid just to win, I have seen kids 11 or 12 that have had surgery on there arms already from throwing junk ) but like I said Colt's coach Nate was helping so I had no worries ( Nate is a youth Pastor at one of the local churches ) well time went on and he had been working with Colt and told me the kid can hit ( at that time Colt did OK at 3rd but was good for maybe one decent hit a game) but Nate insisted , then he approached me about Colt also playing Travel ball ( heck Colt didn't even make the all stars ) but like I said Nate saw something ( Nate is also a coach at the local college here and played college ball himself so there was no reason to doubt him ) Nate kept telling me if we can build Colt's confidence he will be the power hitter on the team and each week he did a little better, but nothing like today (and ya have to understand all the kids on this travel ball team are the kids where daddy has spent hours upon hours working with the kids, some have private tutors , travel ball is one step from school ball, in fact the school coaches wont even look at ya unless you have played on a travel ball team now a days ) well when Colt hit that first shot all the parents started talking ( see I am not in on the "in crowd " living in a small community all the parents of the kids on the team played sports together in school and just like in H.S, they are still the Jocks , well me being a "Yankee " and a tattooed motorcycle riding truck driving one at that no I wasn't welcomed into there little click :laugh: so of course there was no way my kids could be athlete's ( heck Wyatt was voted onto the all stars by every coach in the league which is unheard of being most coaches use at least one vote to choose there own kid, but he still played the out field and only started one game , again his daddy isn't part of the click ) but Wyatt didn't care because he was just happy to of been one of 11 kids picked out of a hundred or so to make it ( he is a smart kid and understands politics ) well when Colt hit that first shot the talk began , where did that come from , well he got lucky , you know no credit for a good shot, but then against another pitcher he gets up and puts one over center field now they are talking about drafting him next year during rec ball :laugh: I guess they should of forgotten about that whole Yankee thing , and by the way Coach Nate is from Ohio ( so he looks at the kids openly not who is my buddies kid ) so yes today was a great day, it made me so proud and what made me the proudest wasn't Colts hit, it was that his brother ( the kid going to the all stars and getting all the praise all the time ) was the one screaming the loudest as his brother jogged the bases , I messed up a lot in life but my kids are all succeeding and that is what I live my life for so yes today was fantastic :thumb: and to make things even better both boys are in accelerated math and English and they got there mid term reports this week and both have straight A's ( almost wish Robert was here he was the one telling me his daughter the teacher said I wasn't raising the youngest one correctly :laugh: )

Jeff
09-23-2013, 06:19 AM
Well the Boys won a second place ring, and although second is just the first loser this was a great achievement, most of these teams have been playing together for years our team was formed this year , this was our second tournament we entered and to go to the championship game is unreal, Most of these teams have a major tryout and only certain kids will even make the team and even less will play, our team was by invite only and all the kids play , this was also a 12 and under bracket we have a couple 10 year old's on the team ( my youngest even though he just turned 11 is considered one of them ) all the kids did great, we played 3 games yesterday and didn't allow a point scored on us until the championship game where we lost but each one of the boys are winners in my eyes .

Well both of my boys just left for school and both wearing there new rings ( dang do they think they are cool :laugh:) I had to tell Colt the older one he had better bring his home tonight because he already was talking about getting a chain and giving it to his Gf to wear, yes he announced during one of the games ( yelling to another parent ) that him and his girl just celebrated there 2 week anniversary :laugh:

Abbey Marie
09-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Well the Boys won a second place ring, and although second is just the first loser this was a great achievement, most of these teams have been playing together for years our team was formed this year , this was our second tournament we entered and to go to the championship game is unreal, Most of these teams have a major tryout and only certain kids will even make the team and even less will play, our team was by invite only and all the kids play , this was also a 12 and under bracket we have a couple 10 year old's on the team ( my youngest even though he just turned 11 is considered one of them ) all the kids did great, we played 3 games yesterday and didn't allow a point scored on us until the championship game where we lost but each one of the boys are winners in my eyes .

Well both of my boys just left for school and both wearing there new rings ( dang do they think they are cool :laugh:) I had to tell Colt the older one he had better bring his home tonight because he already was talking about getting a chain and giving it to his Gf to wear, yes he announced during one of the games ( yelling to another parent ) that him and his girl just celebrated there 2 week anniversary :laugh:

Oh lordy; tell him to by her a Slurpee instead! :laugh2:

gabosaurus
09-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Oh lordy; tell him to by her a Slurpee instead!

This actually works!! When my husband and I were first dating, I remember being angry about something and hung up on him. He came to my house with a Lemon-Lime Slurpee (my favorite) and all was forgiven.

Otherwise, I prefer my needy piano playing daughter over anyone's athletic kids. When I attend piano concerts or academic competitions, I never have to sit outside and deal with annoying buys and obnoxious parents.