tailfins
09-22-2013, 04:36 PM
The focus should be LOW MAINTENANCE!

http://magazine.foxnews.com/love/how-spot-and-avoid-ms-wrong

Kathianne
09-22-2013, 05:00 PM
The focus should be LOW MAINTENANCE!

http://magazine.foxnews.com/love/how-spot-and-avoid-ms-wrong

Color me surprised. Not. I'm guessing in few years you are in for a surprise, when one of your boys follow your advice to a felony. You won't have meant to have programmed them to that, but you've done so.

WiccanLiberal
09-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Here's an odd idea. The concept of a relationship, IMHO, implies some degree of equality. Be considerate of each other's time and concerns and they balance out. No good relationship is all about one party. It's about how two people face the world TOGETHER. Occasionally that means you sublimate your needs to your partner's and sometimes it's the other way around. And NEVER sacrifice an important relationship matter for the sake of work. That relationship is what truly supports you and makes you able to function at work. Again, this is just my perspective but I have seen way too many people lose wonderful partnerships because they keep harping on issues of "I" and "You" instead of concerning themselves with "We".

Arbo
09-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Color me surprised. Not. I'm guessing in few years you are in for a surprise, when one of your boys follow your advice to a felony. You won't have meant to have programmed them to that, but you've done so.

What do you mean?

aboutime
09-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Whoever wrote that, and dared to consider their (so called) advice as valid, or truthful. Should have their heads examined...and probably has no idea what they are talking about.
Inexperience in life usually garners such OFF THE WALL stupid advice to others who are as equally OFF THE WALL, and stupid.

I don't claim to be any kind of authority, or expert in life...as the author must have thought he, or she was, or is. But, unless people learn to take the "I" and "Me" of selfishness, and instant, personal gratification out of their everyday experiences with other Human beings of both men, and women. There will be a continual Decline in the ability, or willingness for people to actually learn how to communicate, face to face, and honestly.
All anyone needs to do is think about what is taking place more often today.

People are NO LONGER willing to commit themselves to honest, face to face discussions. How many times do we now see people...sitting side by side, texting, or calling one-another electronically...instead of becoming personally responsible to actually share words, thoughts, or idea's with the next person?
Add all of that inability to speak to each other, with the growing lack of actual Educational topics in schools...Like Cursive Writing...and we'll all meet at the bottom of the STUPIDITY PIT.

Kathianne
09-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Here's an odd idea. The concept of a relationship, IMHO, implies some degree of equality. Be considerate of each other's time and concerns and they balance out. No good relationship is all about one party. It's about how two people face the world TOGETHER. Occasionally that means you sublimate your needs to your partner's and sometimes it's the other way around. And NEVER sacrifice an important relationship matter for the sake of work. That relationship is what truly supports you and makes you able to function at work. Again, this is just my perspective but I have seen way too many people lose wonderful partnerships because they keep harping on issues of "I" and "You" instead of concerning themselves with "We".

For a witch, damned by the poster, you are nice. I can't come close to addressing God, but he'a way above my pay grade.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-22-2013, 09:18 PM
For a witch, damned by the poster, you are nice. I can't come close to addressing God, but he'a way above my pay grade. I found WiccanLiberal to be a good person at our old forum. She has been so here and is by far one of the most respectful posters here. And V4R ain't too shabby either..-;)--Tyr

tailfins
09-22-2013, 10:00 PM
What do you mean?

She's trying to yank my chain. It's not working though.

tailfins
09-22-2013, 10:02 PM
I found WiccanLiberal to be a good person at our old forum. She has been so here and is by far one of the most respectful posters here. And V4R ain't too shabby either..-;)--Tyr

That may be. Irrespective of that, anything witchcraft related makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

WiccanLiberal
09-22-2013, 11:23 PM
This thread isn't about me. Please stick to the topic. As much as I appreciate the respect most show me, I did not make any comment here about religion. The subject interested me on a human level and I posted with my usual intent of intelligent discussion. That the OP and I disagree on a philosophical and theological level I am well aware but this subject is not directly in that vein.

tailfins
09-23-2013, 07:24 AM
This thread isn't about me. Please stick to the topic. As much as I appreciate the respect most show me, I did not make any comment here about religion. The subject interested me on a human level and I posted with my usual intent of intelligent discussion. That the OP and I disagree on a philosophical and theological level I am well aware but this subject is not directly in that vein.

It boils down to how much to ignore a "shot", as Bostonians like to call it. Your point has merit with "don't sink to their level" and all, however it's a close call.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-23-2013, 07:34 AM
That may be. Irrespective of that, anything witchcraft related makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. ^^^^^^^ As would my mother say also. I hold a different view, as a Christian no power in the universe can take you from your salvation except you choosing to reject it. WHAT DOES HER RELIGION HAVE TO DO WITH YOU, SHE PREACHES NO HATRED OR VIOLENCE? -Tyr

tailfins
09-23-2013, 08:02 AM
^^^^^^^ As would my mother say also. I hold a different view, as a Christian no power in the universe can take you from your salvation except you choosing to reject it. WHAT DOES HER RELIGION HAVE TO DO WITH YOU, SHE PREACHES NO HATRED OR VIOLENCE? -Tyr

Her religion has power, the evil kind. While we are indeed sealed until the day of redemption, demons can interfere with our day-to-day life.

Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Arbo
09-23-2013, 08:13 AM
Hey, look, it's Salam, MA! So funny people still think like the murdering idiots way back then did.

tailfins
09-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Hey, look, it's Salam, MA! So funny people still think like the murdering idiots way back then did.

Actually, assuming the historical accounts are true, it's a case study in how crafty Satan can be. A desire to resist witchcraft was corrupted by the quest for political power. You can't judge a doctrine by a corrupt implementation. The actors at Plimoth Plantation do a good job re-enacting a sermon from that time. I suspect most conservative Christians here would enjoy those sermons.

Arbo
09-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Actually, assuming the historical accounts are true, it's a case study in how crafty Satan can be. A desire to resist witchcraft was corrupted by the quest for political power. You can't judge a doctrine by a corrupt implementation. The actors at Plimoth Plantation do a good job re-enacting a sermon from that time. I suspect most conservative Christians here would enjoy those sermons.

Satan, as if such a thing is real. Funny stuff. But the bolded part should be spread to a few others here that do that daily.