PDA

View Full Version : Conclusive experiment on whether guns kill people

Little-Acorn
09-23-2013, 07:38 PM
I guess this puts the debate to rest at last.

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/530533_10200514326681288_71756065_n.jpg

jafar00
09-24-2013, 05:13 AM
Guns don't kill people, People kill people.... with GUNS. All the more reason to ensure some people who like to kill people don't get hold of guns to make their job easier.

CSM
09-24-2013, 06:42 AM
Guns don't kill people, People kill people.... with GUNS. All the more reason to ensure some people who like to kill people don't get hold of guns to make their job easier.

True. We also need to ensure that people who like to kill people do not have access to bomb making materials, EID construction materials, nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, or any other item that could be used as a weapon.

cadet
09-24-2013, 08:05 AM

And when you figure out how to keep crazy people from obtaining weapons give us a call.
Good people won't do anything.
And do you know how easy it is to make a gun? Or explosives? (far easier, a box of matches and a tennis ball is all you need)

Guns are not here so that people can go out and murder people. Guns are here so us normal's can protect ourselves from crazies.

jafar00
09-24-2013, 03:03 PM
True. We also need to ensure that people who like to kill people do not have access to bomb making materials, EID construction materials, nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, or any other item that could be used as a weapon.

Great idea. Can you take all the sharp things away from your presidents?

And when you figure out how to keep crazy people from obtaining weapons give us a call.
Good people won't do anything.
And do you know how easy it is to make a gun? Or explosives? (far easier, a box of matches and a tennis ball is all you need)

Guns are not here so that people can go out and murder people. Guns are here so us normal's can protect ourselves from crazies.

Thank God I live in a society where I don't need a gun to protect myself. Paranoia is a disorder.

aboutime
09-24-2013, 03:06 PM

jafar. Don't come here to tell us what we already know as you attempt to disguise how SHARP objects used by your Brotherhood members of the Religion of Peace....BEHEAD so easily.

Changing the subject to distract attention still doesn't work. No matter how many ways, or times you try it.

gabosaurus
09-24-2013, 03:09 PM

If you don't stop making so much sense, no one here is going to understand you.

cadet
09-24-2013, 05:40 PM

Thank God I live in a society where I don't need a gun to protect myself. Paranoia is a disorder.

Paranoia is not a disorder.
I don't walk around scared out of my mind that the guy next to me is going to wip out his rifle and blow my head off. I just like to know that if shit goes down, I'll be safe.
Luck favors the prepared.

Little-Acorn
09-24-2013, 07:26 PM

If you don't stop making so much sense, no one here is going to understand you.

Reciting tired platitudes and calling for pie-in-the-sky impossibilities is "making so much sense"?

Let me guess without checking the authorship of the post: Little gabby's back, right?

aboutime
09-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Reciting tired platitudes and calling for pie-in-the-sky impossibilities is "making so much sense"?

Let me guess without checking the authorship of the post: Little gabby's back, right?

To be more concise... gabby is NOT the one on the right....5605

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-24-2013, 08:46 PM
I don't walk around scared out of my mind that the guy next to me is going to wip out his rifle and blow my head off. I just like to know that if shit goes down, I'll be safe.
Luck favors the prepared. So right.. Those most likely to survive are those that saw fit to prepare themselves!!!! When bad people are murdering people they tend NOT TO PICK THOSE PREPARED AND WELL ARMED! Funny how that works and not so funny how so many idiots(dem/libs) refuse to admit that or figure it into their dumbass worldview. -Tyr

DragonStryk72
09-24-2013, 10:47 PM

Wait, dude, are you seriously contending that a man who is up to committing murder, a capital offense in many states here, is going to be swayed by getting an illegal firearms rap?

That's like a guy boosting cars getting terrified about breaking seat belt laws. It doesn't matter, because the greater crime has already been committed.

DragonStryk72
09-24-2013, 10:48 PM

Really? Your gun crime statistics say otherwise?

jafar00
09-25-2013, 05:02 AM
Luck favors the prepared.

Do you live in a place where that kind of thing happens often?

Really? Your gun crime statistics say otherwise?

We have bikies shooting at other bikies, not school students shooting up their schools. I'm not a bikie or a drug dealer so I wouldn't have a clue how to get a gun even if I wanted one.

CSM
09-25-2013, 05:57 AM

LOL! No more than you can keep all those explosive things away from your imams or Muslim extremists!

aboutime
09-25-2013, 02:41 PM
We must all remember. Jafar cannot help it if his stupidity Precedes him, and his many posts.

It's just a fact of life none of us can change.

cadet
09-25-2013, 02:46 PM

Nope. And do you know why? Because there's a whole lot of good people with the ability to protect themselves here. Most crimes here tend to be runaways from Gary. And they're taken down quick.

And just on the off chance shit does go down.... You were either prepared, or you die.
That, and you never know when a wild animal attacks one of your kids, or the neighbors crazy dog gets loose and latches itself onto someones neck.

jafar00
09-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Nope. And do you know why? Because there's a whole lot of good people with the ability to protect themselves here. Most crimes here tend to be runaways from Gary. And they're taken down quick.

And just on the off chance shit does go down.... You were either prepared, or you die.
That, and you never know when a wild animal attacks one of your kids, or the neighbors crazy dog gets loose and latches itself onto someones neck.

Carrying a gun "just in case" some of those unlikely examples you gave happens sounds hilarious to an Australian. Sorry, but that is paranoia right there.

fj1200
09-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Carrying a gun "just in case" some of those unlikely examples you gave happens sounds hilarious to an Australian. Sorry, but that is paranoia right there.

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean someone's not out to get ya'. :poke:

cadet
09-25-2013, 03:03 PM

Do you know what I'm afraid of?
Nothing.

I have no idea why you wouldn't want a gun, considering everything in your country is trying to kill you.

DragonStryk72
09-25-2013, 10:44 PM

We have bikies shooting at other bikies, not school students shooting up their schools. I'm not a bikie or a drug dealer so I wouldn't have a clue how to get a gun even if I wanted one.

So only certain deaths "count"? How do you figure that one? And I'm certain while the bikers are firing at one another, there are absolutely no stray bullets that kill anyone not involved in the fight?

Murder is murder, period. Doesn't matter if it's from a gun, a knife, or or using peanut oil with a person you know to be allergic. The WEAPON is completely sidenote, because it's the murderer that's killing people, and seeing as how we've been committing murder as species for at least 10,000 years before the advent of the gun, I really don't think the gun matters like you seem to think it does.

We showed in previous threads where mass stabbings occurred, some with higher kill counts than their gun-wielding compatriots.

Let's now go to another example. The population of all of Australia is 22.68 million people. In America, we have 313.9 million people, more than 10x the number of people, so that .00001% chance that you get someone crazy enough to try something like that has a far greater chance of happening here. But hey, thanks for once again using the deaths of children for your argument. No rampant fear mongering there, I see.

Now let's look at China, which has, in place of mass shootings, mass stabbings, and some of theirs were the ones I referenced above.

Now, I ask you to refute this if you can: a person who has come to the heartfelt decision to murder children en masse is not going to be stopped by gun control laws, because hey, what's a couple more bodies of lawful gun owners? Or hey, why not a bomb?

jafar00
09-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Do you know what I'm afraid of?
Nothing.

I have no idea why you wouldn't want a gun, considering everything in your country is trying to kill you.

Well, a boot usually does the job for the spiders. Snakes are a bit more tricky but you can avoid them ;)

So only certain deaths "count"? How do you figure that one? And I'm certain while the bikers are firing at one another, there are absolutely no stray bullets that kill anyone not involved in the fight?

One guy was hit by a stray bullet a few years ago. It became famously known as "The Stray Bullet Killing".

Murder is murder, period. Doesn't matter if it's from a gun, a knife, or or using peanut oil with a person you know to be allergic. The WEAPON is completely sidenote, because it's the murderer that's killing people, and seeing as how we've been committing murder as species for at least 10,000 years before the advent of the gun, I really don't think the gun matters like you seem to think it does.

We showed in previous threads where mass stabbings occurred, some with higher kill counts than their gun-wielding compatriots.

Let's now go to another example. The population of all of Australia is 22.68 million people. In America, we have 313.9 million people, more than 10x the number of people, so that .00001% chance that you get someone crazy enough to try something like that has a far greater chance of happening here. But hey, thanks for once again using the deaths of children for your argument. No rampant fear mongering there, I see.

Now let's look at China, which has, in place of mass shootings, mass stabbings, and some of theirs were the ones I referenced above.

Now, I ask you to refute this if you can: a person who has come to the heartfelt decision to murder children en masse is not going to be stopped by gun control laws, because hey, what's a couple more bodies of lawful gun owners? Or hey, why not a bomb?

We haven't had a school massacre like you have on a regular basis. We haven't had any massacres since gun control laws were intensified in Australia. That has to say something to you.

DragonStryk72
09-26-2013, 01:29 AM

And now you're contending that there are no stray dogs, or wild animals capable of inflicting harm in Australia? Wow.

DragonStryk72
09-26-2013, 01:32 AM
Well, a boot usually does the job for the spiders. Snakes are a bit more tricky but you can avoid them ;)

And the gators and crocodiles?

One guy was hit by a stray bullet a few years ago. It became famously known as "The Stray Bullet Killing".

So people DO get hit who are not in the conflict.

We haven't had a school massacre like you have on a regular basis. We haven't had any massacres since gun control laws were intensified in Australia. That has to say something to you.

They're not on a regular basis. Stop trying to act like they are, and way to diminish murders by gun crime. Also, you didn't come up with a counter to my point: a person who has come to the heartfelt decision to murder children en masse is not going to be stopped by gun control laws, because hey, what's a couple more bodies of lawful gun owners? Or hey, why not a bomb?

jafar00
09-26-2013, 03:51 PM
And now you're contending that there are no stray dogs, or wild animals capable of inflicting harm in Australia? Wow.

Not in the city. A few stray dogs maybe. We don't feel the need to carry a gun around all the time to deal with such an unlikely scenario.