PDA

View Full Version : AdTech Ad Muslims Campaigning to Force Maryland Schools to Close on Islamic Holidays

Jeff
09-28-2013, 07:29 AM
Not real sure how I feel, we are a country open to all religon's but I don't think we should have to close schools for every Holiday that comes along, yes they close for Christmas and Easter I understand but according to the rule they read in the video they shouldn't have to close for every or any Holiday so I guess we will see

Muslims in the Montgomery County schools in Rockville, Maryland are campaigning for public schools to take Islamic holidays off along with Christian and Jewish holidays. So, this week, the terror-tied Muslim group CAIR sponsored a rally to help push the issue.

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/09/25133-muslims-campaigning-to-force-maryland-schools-to-close-on-islamic-holidays/

hjmick
09-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Do they close for Jewish holidays?

They don't close for Christian holidays, not any more.

Now it's Winter and Spring break.

I remember when I was in school, the Jewish kids just didn't come to school when the holy days fell on a school day.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Not real sure how I feel, we are a country open to all religon's but I don't think we should have to close schools for every Holiday that comes along, yes they close for Christmas and Easter I understand but according to the rule they read in the video they shouldn't have to close for every or any Holiday so I guess we will see

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/09/25133-muslims-campaigning-to-force-maryland-schools-to-close-on-islamic-holidays/ It is Obama's second term , no election does he face. I am sure he and his people have given the muslims a green light to raise hell about all kinds of things. If all religious holidays are allowed not much schooling going to be happening!! Ever noticed how in muslim controlled countries none of this diversity and freedom of religion is allowed!?? The either execute you or imprison you for attempting to teach Christianity. They put you in prison for bringing in bibles for Christ sakes! The muslims here are all for subverting everything we stand for , so fff-them! I wasn't taught to just roll over and play dead.. Those that do that for the muslims are a huge problem and need to be dealt with too, IMHO. --Tyr

Arbo
09-28-2013, 10:54 AM
I am sure he and his people have given the muslims a green light to raise hell about all kinds of things.

Do you have a link to any sort of documentation that supports your claim?

Oh, that's ok, you can rail away against Islam and nobody will complain, it's only when you touch on other religions that people get pissy. LOL.

Thunderknuckles
09-28-2013, 12:03 PM
"High school senior Anhar Karim is one complaining about having to choose between school and his Muslim holiday.“We are forcing our students into an unreasonable decision"

Shut up. No one but you is complaining. I don't recall Jewish kids bitching about making this "unreasonable decision".
Be thankful you can practice your religion freely in our (formerly) Christian based culture without getting beheaded.

jafar00
09-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Do you have a link to any sort of documentation that supports your claim?

Oh, that's ok, you can rail away against Islam and nobody will complain, it's only when you touch on other religions that people get pissy. LOL.

I wonder what would happen if I started posting a bunch of contrived, half baked, anti-Jewish stuff on here?

Arbo
09-28-2013, 03:07 PM
I wonder what would happen if I started posting a bunch of contrived, half baked, anti-Jewish stuff on here?

The response would be: "See! He is another one of the muslims hell bent on killing all Jews! A terrorist!" They have all the talking points down, but it's not their fault, it's all they can do when not able to think for themselves.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-28-2013, 03:07 PM

Prove something half baked before you go making the accusation. And not by using your , it's a muslim hate site so its facts don't count. I hated one of my fourth grade teachers but the facts he presented when teaching were still valid. As far as you posting such , go for it I don't care. Just back up your claims with facts and linked sources . Should make for some interesting reading . :laugh: --Tyr

aboutime
09-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Prove something half baked before you go making the accusation. And not by using your , it's a muslim hate site so its facts don't count. I hated one of my fourth grade teachers but the facts he presented when teaching were still valid. As far as you posting such , go for it I don't care. Just back up your claims with facts and linked sources . Should make for some interesting reading . :laugh: --Tyr

Tyr. A better question for jafar would be:

"When haven't you posting a bunch of contrived, half baked, anti-Jewish stuff on here?"

Arbo
09-28-2013, 04:20 PM
Tyr. A better question for jafar would be:

"When haven't you posting a bunch of contrived, half baked, anti-Jewish stuff on here?"

Hey look, another drive by OT. Does this guy EVER actually comment on content?

Larrymc
09-28-2013, 04:50 PM

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/09/25133-muslims-campaigning-to-force-maryland-schools-to-close-on-islamic-holidays/I fell The Holidays that we recognize are not only Christian but also Traditional American Holidays.

jafar00
09-29-2013, 02:21 AM
Hey look, another drive by OT. Does this guy EVER actually comment on content?

Nope

I fell The Holidays that we recognize are not only Christian but also Traditional American Holidays.

I would have thought you guys would welcome more holidays. It's nice in Malaysia where Christian, Muslim, Buddhist and Hindu holidays are national holidays.

Gaffer
09-29-2013, 08:16 AM
So when does Friday become the new Sunday?

Nukeman
09-29-2013, 08:29 AM
They do realize that the only Christian holiday that falls during a break at most school systems anymore is Christmas. All the other holidays are national in origin and not religious.

The way the breaks were established for school are based on AGRICULTURE and not religion. What the hell do they teach anymore. Hell if this is what they think then they really do not need anymore time OUT of school......

Larrymc
09-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Nope

I would have thought you guys would welcome more holidays. It's nice in Malaysia where Christian, Muslim, Buddhist and Hindu holidays are national holidays.Geeez how do they find days to work??

aboutime
09-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Geeez how do they find days to work??

Larrymc. Actually. If anyone cared to honestly check. Most of them in those 3rd world nations are unemployed, and have higher unemployment rates that we do here in the US.

So. They have almost every day to declare as a holiday.

tailfins
09-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Nope

I would have thought you guys would welcome more holidays. It's nice in Malaysia where Christian, Muslim, Buddhist and Hindu holidays are national holidays.

Anyone with a work ethic doesn't want an excess number of holidays. The concept of fixed holidays is outmoded anyway. Having a dozen or so floating holidays is an effective way to handle this. I do however enjoy commemorating Martin Luther King day by sitting around and being lazy.

Trigg
09-29-2013, 03:28 PM
I agree with Nuke the only Christian holiday the schools have off fall in their Winter Break. Which also includes the holy days for the Jewish faith. The only other days off are Thanksgiving, Labor Day and Memorial Day and New Years. We don't even take Presidents day.

jafar00
09-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Geeez how do they find days to work??

They get their job done because they are used to it and can plan their time around it.

Anyone with a work ethic doesn't want an excess number of holidays. The concept of fixed holidays is outmoded anyway. Having a dozen or so floating holidays is an effective way to handle this. I do however enjoy commemorating Martin Luther King day by sitting around and being lazy.

Well, I used to work on all holidays (except Islamic ones) when I lived in Kuala Lumpur. I was happy to have the lift to myself ;)

I agree with Nuke the only Christian holiday the schools have off fall in their Winter Break. Which also includes the holy days for the Jewish faith. The only other days off are Thanksgiving, Labor Day and Memorial Day and New Years. We don't even take Presidents day.

Why not also have Eid off too and come around our place for a huge BBQ? ^^

Trigg
09-30-2013, 03:12 PM
T

Why not also have Eid off too and come around our place for a huge BBQ? ^^

I don't know what that is or when it falls. Like I said, the only holidays that the schools get off are secular or fall within the 2 week winter break.

Larrymc
09-30-2013, 04:30 PM
I don't know what that is or when it falls. Like I said, the only holidays that the schools get off are secular or fall within the 2 week winter break.I am curious about EID as well Maybe we can trouble you to tell?

Arbo
09-30-2013, 04:32 PM
I am curious about EID as well Maybe we can trouble you to tell?

It is a holiday that marks the end of Ramadan. Eid al-Fitr or Feast of breaking the fast.

jafar00
09-30-2013, 09:24 PM
I don't know what that is or when it falls. Like I said, the only holidays that the schools get off are secular or fall within the 2 week winter break.

I am curious about EID as well Maybe we can trouble you to tell?

We have 2 Eids (festivals)

Eid ul Fitr - Celebrated at the end of Ramadan to celebrate breaking the fast. In the ME it usually lasts 3 days and is a bit like a 3 day long Christmas lunch where families and friends get together to eat and celebrate.

Eid al Adha - This is the festival of sacrifice which celebrates the Prophet Abraham's strong faith. Faith that was so strong that he was willing to sacrifice his son, Ishmael (and Ishmael's acceptance to be sacrificed). Of course God intervened at the last minute to substitute Ishmael for a lamb. To celebrate we dress ourselves (and most important our children) in our finest clothes, pray and slaughter an animal (cow, goat, lamb) and give most of the meat away to the poor and relatives, keeping some for ourselves.