PDA

View Full Version : Securing our Borders and Preserving American Civilization

Mr. P
06-11-2007, 08:45 AM
If he runs he'll get my vote.

Challenge Number Three
Gingrich Communications
Newt Gingrich

We should not worry about people who want to come to the United States to work hard, pay taxes, obey the law, and become Americans. In fact, we should be delighted to have new Americans join our country because historically they have been the source of enormous talent, energy, and courage. From Alexander Hamilton to Andrew Carnegie to Albert Einstein to Henry Kissinger to Arnold Schwarzenegger, people who wanted to improve their lives, and in the process improve the country, have enriched America.

Nor should we be concerned that a substantial number of new Americans are Hispanic. America has a long history of absorbing and blending people of many languages and backgrounds. There have always been non-English newspapers in America and now we have non-English radio and television. I am also not worried that some immigrants come here only to earn money and then go home (Italian immigrants, in particular, did that in the past).

What should worry us is the breakdown of will on the part of America to control the borders and to ensure that new immigrants learn to be American. What should worry us is a breakdown of will to protect America’s unique civilization.....

More at link

http://newt.org/backpage.asp?art=2647

Pale Rider
06-11-2007, 08:55 AM
I really like Newt myself, and I'd like to see him on the ticket also, and would vote for him with confidence.

Just saw an article that made me mad all over again though. This son a of bitch bush thinking this amnesty will get signed. bush just makes my blood boil anymore. His term can't be up fast enough for me, and if this amnesty DOES get signed, by some hand of the devil, I hope the next President has the good sense to overturn it.

Bush says immigration bill will survive

By JENNIFER LOVEN, Associated Press Writer
38 minutes ago

SOFIA, Bulgaria - President Bush, turning from adulation in the Balkans to difficulties back home, said Monday that his stalled immigration overhaul would be revived and his embattled attorney general would not fall under a Senate vote of no-confidence.

"I'll see you at the bill signing," Bush said confidently about an immigration bill that has run into deep trouble on Capitol Hill.

Bush, who left for Washington later Monday, plans to trek to Capitol Hill on Tuesday to have lunch with Republican senators, part of a hands-on approach to persuading party conservatives that the bill is better than the status quo.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070611/ap_on_re_eu/bush

Mr. P
06-11-2007, 09:08 AM
I really like Newt myself, and I'd like to see him on the ticket also, and would vote for him with confidence.

Just saw an article that made me mad all over again though. This son a of bitch bush thinking this amnesty will get signed. bush just makes my blood boil anymore. His term can't be up fast enough for me, and if this amnesty DOES get signed, by some hand of the devil, I hope the next President has the good sense to overturn it.

Yep, I just hurt Newt on the radio talking about this statement. He said the Country killed this bill on Friday and everyone went home happy, then he (Bush) makes this arrogant statement, he's alienated 80% of his base. Call your Senator today.

Pale Rider
06-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Yep, I just hurt Newt on the radio talking about this statement. He said the Country killed this bill on Friday and everyone went home happy, then he (Bush) makes this arrogant statement, he's alienated 80% of his base. Call your Senator today.

For the life of me, I've been trying to figure out WHY bush is over the top gung ho about selling this country down the toilet to illegal aliens. WHY???!!! I hope someday we find out! It isn't right. There's something behind it that we don't know about... yet.

Mr. P
06-11-2007, 09:44 AM
For the life of me, I've been trying to figure out WHY bush is over the top gung ho about selling this country down the toilet to illegal aliens. WHY???!!! I hope someday we find out! It isn't right. There's something behind it that we don't know about... yet.

I don't know either. One thing I do know is congress can stop him in his tracks.

Kathianne
06-11-2007, 09:48 AM
I don't know either. One thing I do know is congress can stop him in his tracks.

Very true! 'The People' have to try and stop Congress though! So far, so good.

Dilloduck
06-11-2007, 11:33 AM

Probably another "follow the money" (power) deal but I'm disgusted with em all too. When they won't lift a finger to keep illegals OUT before they decide to do with the ones here, something is seriously wrong. It's time for the opposition to explain to the public what's behind all the stalling. We deserve some answers.

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 01:13 PM

More at link

If your really passionate about the immigration issue, take a look at Tancredo's website. http://www.teamtancredo.com/

glockmail
06-11-2007, 01:32 PM

More at link

Here's my fave:

In the last two generations the liberal establishment has undermined and ridiculed American values, American history, and even the idea of American citizenship. Today, the Left wants voting opened to non-citizens, including illegal aliens. The Left regards national identity as irrelevant and patriotic commitment to America as irrelevant. The Left could not be further removed from the thinking of our Founding Fathers.

Mr. P
06-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Here's my fave:

He's right on target isn't he.

glockmail
06-11-2007, 01:39 PM
He's right on target isn't he. Dead on. That's why The Left is so rabidly against him. :laugh2:

Dilloduck
06-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Dead on. That's why The Left is so rabidly against him. :laugh2:

He's far from a one-trick pony too. If nothing else I hope he runs so people hear him intelligently assess problems and project his solutions on a number of issues.

glockmail
06-11-2007, 05:39 PM
He's far from a one-trick pony too. If nothing else I hope he runs so people hear him intelligently assess problems and project his solutions on a number of issues.
I really like the guy, and would love to see Prez. Newt, but I don't think he has a chance.

Dilloduck
06-11-2007, 05:47 PM
I really like the guy, and would love to see Prez. Newt, but I don't think he has a chance.

Probably not----it would be too hard to buy him off but if we have to listen to political campaign silliness, I would like to have a man of reason there to offset the rhetorical BS.

Pale Rider
06-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Latest poll I saw on Fox news had Newt ranked number 4, and he hasn't even declared yet... "officially." We need to give him a chance. I think once he kicks a campaign off, he'll be hard to beat. He has by FAR the best message.

Yurt
06-11-2007, 06:45 PM

Yes! I was wondering the same thing this weekend.

As for Newt, way to go. I honestly can not believe more people have not spoken up. Scared of, what they percieve, to be a voter backlash? Don't they see the massive backlash on this, why are they worried? What is going on?

As Newt said, people come here because the USA is unique. It is not unique because it is mexico, china, russia, whatnot. WTF would anyone want to come here and then make this country just like the one they left?

If they want it so bad, here is my boot...

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Yes! I was wondering the same thing this weekend.

As for Newt, way to go. I honestly can not believe more people have not spoken up. Scared of, what they percieve, to be a voter backlash? Don't they see the massive backlash on this, why are they worried? What is going on?

As Newt said, people come here because the USA is unique. It is not unique because it is mexico, china, russia, whatnot. WTF would anyone want to come here and then make this country just like the one they left?

If they want it so bad, here is my boot...

http://www.newt.org/

Dilloduck
06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
http://www.newt.org/

If only more people converted that easily. :laugh2: