PDA

View Full Version : FOIA Document Reveals US Nearly Detonated Atomic Bomb Over North Carolina

Jeff
09-28-2013, 11:04 PM
This makes me feel a lot better :laugh: I was afraid our own leaders are destroying this country but I didn't think that it was that bad .

The United States nearly detonated an atomic bomb over North Carolina, according to documents obtained via a Freedom of Information Act request by investigative journalist Eric Schlosser. The document reveals how the United States Air Force came dangerously close to detonating a 24 megaton atom bomb near Goldsboro, North Carolina, which would have been 260 times more powerful that the bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/09/foia-docment-reveals-us-nearly-detonated-atomic-bomb-north-carolina/

aboutime
09-29-2013, 01:42 PM
It happened in 1961. How many years ago was that? And why. After all these years? Despite it had been known by many in the public for many years. Why is this now important?
Other than...for the satisfaction of more of the conspiracy theory junkies who NEED something else to talk about today?

By the way. It wasn't an Intentional Attempt to Detonate anything. The story clearly tells what happened.

glockmail
09-29-2013, 04:55 PM
I think that bomb is still there, isn't it?

jimnyc
09-29-2013, 05:27 PM

Just a coincidence that you live there? Maybe they're trying to take you out? :coffee:

glockmail
09-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Just a coincidence that you live there? Maybe they're trying to take you out? :coffee:If so it just proves the incompetence of FedCo, since they missed by over 150 miles. :laugh:

aboutime
09-29-2013, 05:57 PM

Can't disagree with you about that glock. I do believe. They have never actually found any traces of the lost bomb. In fact. Last time I heard anything about it. Some who had taken part in the search for the bomb, actually believe it has been buried by years, and years of constant Tidal Flows, and storms that have forced it deeper into the changing sandy bottom.

I just found it odd that, after all this time. Somebody felt a need to DIG THIS UP (pardon the pun) and make it a story again.

glockmail
09-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Can't disagree with you about that glock. I do believe. They have never actually found any traces of the lost bomb. In fact. Last time I heard anything about it. Some who had taken part in the search for the bomb, actually believe it has been buried by years, and years of constant Tidal Flows, and storms that have forced it deeper into the changing sandy bottom.

I just found it odd that, after all this time. Somebody felt a need to DIG THIS UP (pardon the pun) and make it a story again.

The Goldsboro area is in the eastern part of the state, and as such is flat, flat, alluvial deposits. Groundwater depth is about a foot. Roads are built by digging a trench that instantly fills with water and then using the sand and silt to build an elevated road bed. Think Alligator Alley in Florida. So any heavy bomb dropped from an airplane would bury itself in the saturated soil by 20 or 30 feet, maybe more. And there would not be much of a trace of the impact, especially after a single season. So it doesn't surprise me that they'd never find the thing.