PDA

View Full Version : Insanity: seventh-grader suspended three days for gun keychain the size of a quarter

Jeff
09-29-2013, 09:21 PM
This is getting more and more ridicules, I guess some have nothing better to do.

Yet another student has landed in trouble for having something that represents a gun, but isn’t actually anything like a real gun.
This time, the student is 12-year-old Joseph Lyssikatos, a student in advanced math who had perfect attendance last year. The seventh-grader made the mistake of bringing a ridiculously small, silver keychain shaped like a gun to Alan Shawn Feinstein Middle School in Coventry, R.I, reports local NBC affiliate WJAR (http://www.turnto10.com/story/23551467/7th-grader-suspended-for-having-gun-keychain).
The two-inch keychain fell out of Lyssikatos’s backpack while he was at school.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/29/insanity-seventh-grader-suspended-three-days-for-gun-keychain-the-size-of-a-quarter/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-29-2013, 10:29 PM
This is getting more and more ridicules, I guess some have nothing better to do.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/29/insanity-seventh-grader-suspended-three-days-for-gun-keychain-the-size-of-a-quarter/ This just goes to show yet again how insanely ridiculous and dictatorial the liberals are! How insane the education system and its regulations are becoming . Also look to government to be more like that too as it grows bigger and more powerful. I am quite sure before my son even gets to high school I will have a major run in with some dumbass liberal piece of crap teacher. He is in the first grade and his teachers sends homework home every day. Along with that homework is typed instructions to us on how to do all this with him! I told my wife, hell we are doing over half the teaching at night but she is getting the damn pay! This is freaking bullshit, I never had either parent ever help me with school work and no instructions were ever sent home demanding they do so all during my entire school life! What the hell is going on nowadays. I see that its more than doubled for the parents to do since my daughter's time in high school which ended just 6 years ago! You should it , printed from a computer program lessons and instructions! What the hell does his teacher do all day!!?? I tell ya it's as ffed up as anybody can imagine. At least anybody that actually went thru real school with real teachers as I did. I graduated back in 1972. In 41 years its fallen to this level, God help us all!! --Tyr

logroller
09-29-2013, 10:53 PM
I think reason should dictate that the keychain was not a threat to anyone-- that's the spririt of the rule. While the letter of the law (so to speak) makes no differentiation between replica/toy gun, and the object in question does run afoul, I can see confiscation but not suspension.

As for the parents being asked to participate in the education of their children, yes they should-- that is probably the most crucial element to a child's success, not just in school but in life.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-30-2013, 07:49 AM
As for the parents being asked to participate in the education of their children, yes they should-- that is probably the most crucial element to a child's success, not just in school but in life. My complaint was not in parents participating but rather in the amount of participation required and the compulsory nature of it. I believe in helping your child but not in being forced into it by a regimented standard practice coming from his school. Also that regimented standard practice has grown so large as to (in this case) have us doing about half the teaching. Hell, they even require us to sign off on a lot of it! This compulsory nature of it is actually "conditioning" IMHO. I HAVE SEEN IT GROW FROM VERY , VERY LITTLE REQUIRED 20 YEARS AGO TO THIS HUGE AMOUNT NOW! --TYR

Larrymc
09-30-2013, 09:04 AM

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/29/insanity-seventh-grader-suspended-three-days-for-gun-keychain-the-size-of-a-quarter/Obama's gun grabbing campaign, has ignited the Idiots, with the Navy Yard shooting loosing media coverage, there desperate to find gun issues, is it possible that this boy could have converted that key chain into a real gun, or have come to a place where even the image of a gun is frightening, be it a toy, and key chain, or even a picture.:laugh2:

tailfins
09-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Thank you for this helpful story. My son has a keychain collection: Miniature musical instruments, cars, and one very similar to that one in the news story. We are in a neighoring community (for the time being). I just sent an email to the school's principal asking if my son could suffer the same fate. RI is actually WORSE than Mass.