PDA

View Full Version : Our Vets

cadet
10-01-2013, 02:51 PM
So one of the downsides to a shut down gov't is our disabled Vets.

I think it's about time we showed some american spirit and got together a fund for them to live.
Obviously I'll need help making this big. Any idea's?
(I say disabled because they can't work, and they'll need more help)

aboutime
10-01-2013, 02:58 PM

I think it's about time we showed some american spirit and got together a fund for them to live.

cadet. For your information. I AM A DISABLED AMERICAN VETERAN. The govt. shut-down only affects NEW, or PROCESSED signups for benefits, and services.

In other words. Don't fall for the FALSE CLAIMS being offered by Obama, and the Dems on tugging at the HEART STRINGS of America...blaming the Republicans for ALMOST EVERYTHING the Dems, and Obama have created themselves.

Arbo
10-01-2013, 03:07 PM

All disability payments will still be going out. Just as food stamps and other forms of welfare will. Just as the (D)'s made a big deal about how the sequester would destroy things and nothing came of it, so will this shut down.

Jeff
10-01-2013, 03:17 PM
I just read a e mail saying how the lies Obama has told how the soldiers wont get paid and SS checks wont go out are just that lies, well the soldiers getting paid they said at the last minute they passed a bill to get them paid but they will have a delay , as for the VA hospital and stuff like that they are saying business as usual , this whole thing is just like when Obama was caught sending E mails to department heads telling them to make things look worse than they where back when the sequester started , Obama wants to punish the people ( or at least have them believe they are being punished ) because he didn't get his way , his kind of politics is to scare people

Funny thing though is a week ago these same people closing down the Government felt we had the funds to start a war with Syria , go figure

Kathianne
10-02-2013, 12:48 AM
I just read a e mail saying how the lies Obama has told how the soldiers wont get paid and SS checks wont go out are just that lies, well the soldiers getting paid they said at the last minute they passed a bill to get them paid but they will have a delay , as for the VA hospital and stuff like that they are saying business as usual , this whole thing is just like when Obama was caught sending E mails to department heads telling them to make things look worse than they where back when the sequester started , Obama wants to punish the people ( or at least have them believe they are being punished ) because he didn't get his way , his kind of politics is to scare people

Funny thing though is a week ago these same people closing down the Government felt we had the funds to start a war with Syria , go figure

Yep, it's the reason for closing off open air memorials, there's no reason for doing so, they have enough on duty to call for help if vandalism starts. Now the bathrooms? I can see those closing. Then again, unlike olden days, there's plenty of restaurants and hotels nearby.