PDA

View Full Version : NYC bike and SUV crash

Trigg
10-01-2013, 06:27 PM
This happened a few days ago in NYC. The SUV driver bumped the back tire and pulled over. He takes off when they start banging on his truck and slash his tires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhYPD73o8kg

Here is another news article about it. Apparently these guys have all sorts of videos showing themselves terrorizing other drivers and even driving on the sidewalks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cops-hunt-bikers-wanted-wild-upper-manhattan-attack-article-1.1472419

I feel bad for the biker who was injured. Nuke and I have ridden through Michigan and Florida and have a great time traveling around the seeing the country. These guys though are a menace and I don't blame the guy who panicked and ran them over.

The bikers ended up pulling him from his car and slashing his face, in front of a crowd. I can only imagine what they would have done when they had him to themselves the first time and he got out of his car.

hjmick
10-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Looks to me as if the bikers have no one to blame but themselves.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-01-2013, 06:55 PM
This happened a few days ago in NYC. The SUV driver bumped the back tire and pulled over. He takes off when they start banging on his truck and slash his tires.

Here is another news article about it. Apparently these guys have all sorts of videos showing themselves terrorizing other drivers and even driving on the sidewalks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/cops-hunt-bikers-wanted-wild-upper-manhattan-attack-article-1.1472419

I feel bad for the biker who was injured. Nuke and I have ridden through Michigan and Florida and have a great time traveling around the seeing the country. These guys though are a menace and I don't blame the guy who panicked and ran them over.

The bikers ended up pulling him from his car and slashing his face, in front of a crowd. I can only imagine what they would have done when they had him to themselves the first time and he got out of his car. They will not try that down here. Odds are the guy will reach into his car's glove box and pull out a pistol , begin shooting.. By law here in my state if they attempt to enter or remove you from your vehicle you can shoot them by reason of being in fear for your life or the life of your family in the car. --Tyr

hjmick
10-01-2013, 06:59 PM
You live in Texas Tyr? I know the castle doctrine down there extends to your vehicle...

Jeff
10-02-2013, 07:40 AM
I seen this and figured some may be interested in it , a couple of bikers where arrested and one was paralyzed but no charges have been filed against the SUV driver and there shouldn't be any, these guys give bikers a bad name and got exactly what they deserve, I hate that any may have life long injuries but if they had just rode instead of trying to be bad asses that wouldn't of happened.

(BlackMediaScoop) Cops have arrested two of the bikers who they say sparked a hell-on-wheels ordeal in upper Manhattan that ended with a mob beating and slashing a man in front of his wife and 2-year-old.
As Christopher Cruz, 28, was awaiting arraignment on charges stemming from the attack on Alexian Lien, police arrested a second biker, Allen Edwards, 42, of Queens. Cruz was riding with a swarm of bikers when he swerved in front of Lien’s Range Rover on the Henry Hudson Parkway and stopped short, causing Lien, 33, to bump the biker’s back tire, police said. Video taken by one of the sport-bikers taking part in the ride shows the group of bikers stop and surround the SUV. They attacked the door and tires, cops say, and Lien peeled away, running over one of the bikers.

https://www.blackmediascoop.com/1-biker-paralyzed-2-bikers-arrested-no-charges-for-suv-driver/

jimnyc
10-02-2013, 07:50 AM
I don't want to say the biker who got paralyzed "deserved" what he got, but karma has a weird way of showing up when one least expects it. These guys had no right harassing a family with a child in the car in the manner they did. It appears they have done this many a time and it's now caught up with them. I hope their own videos are used to prosecute them, and other videos perhaps used to get some of the other idiotic bikers.

Notice they were all on the crotch rockets and similar. You very rarely see this type of activity with the older bikers on Harley's and "better" bikes than these. I suppose it's because the others, in peaceful gangs and such, are older and obviously more mature.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-02-2013, 07:51 AM
You live in Texas Tyr? I know the castle doctrine down there extends to your vehicle... No sir, but close by. I once lived in Texas for about 8 months back during the boom in the early 80's. Certainly will move there should Texas ever leave the Union. ;)--Tyr

Trigg
10-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Another sight showed some "videos" these guys had made. They show them trying to slow traffic, then speed head so they can have the entire road to do stunts. That is probably what they were trying to do here which caused the first wreck.

Larrymc
10-02-2013, 08:45 AM

The bikers ended up pulling him from his car and slashing his face, in front of a crowd. I can only imagine what they would have done when they had him to themselves the first time and he got out of his car.This was a awful incident for the whole family, Hopefully with all the videos, the culprits will all be rounded up, as for running over some of them, I defiantly would have done the same, haven't seen this in the Main Stream but i read an article saying this was a black group, if true expect a Al and Jesse spin.

Jeff
10-02-2013, 08:53 AM
They main problem with this entire story is they say BIKERS , these guys are not bikers at all they are thugs ( punks ) on two wheels , I would of loved to of seen them try to get tuff like that say if the SUV was actually the Outlaws riding along, these so called bikers would of rode 100 miles to get out of the way of real bikers coming down the road

jimnyc
10-02-2013, 09:33 AM
There's a facebook page setup for the injured biker, and apparently the mother wants to sue the driver of the SUV. So much for responsibility and accountability. It's almost always about the almighty dollar. I think the tons of videos these idiots made over the years will prevent any successful lawsuit. I've already seen video of the same guys doing the same thing in 2011, and the injured biker was a part of it back then.

glockmail
10-02-2013, 12:51 PM
I rode a motorcycle for years and never had a problem with other riders, but I did have several run-ins with drivers of cars. Of course that was back in Boston and New York metro areas where road rage is part of the daily traveling experience.

It looks to me that the SUV driver did what he had to do. To bad he didn't have the freedom to carry a pistol like I do here in North Carolina.

aboutime
10-02-2013, 01:35 PM
There's a facebook page setup for the injured biker, and apparently the mother wants to sue the driver of the SUV. So much for responsibility and accountability. It's almost always about the almighty dollar. I think the tons of videos these idiots made over the years will prevent any successful lawsuit. I've already seen video of the same guys doing the same thing in 2011, and the injured biker was a part of it back then.

Jim. I saw the helmet video of the biker who INTENTIONALLY did a BRAKE stunt intended to make the SUV driver slam on his breaks.
In my opinion. The BIKER got exactly what he asked for.
And, if the mother of the BIKER really wants to sue the SUV Driver.
I suspect. She may be biting off more than she can chew...when the Driver COUNTERSUES.

Should be interesting. And we all know. MONEY TALKS.

Larrymc
10-02-2013, 03:43 PM
I rode a motorcycle for years and never had a problem with other riders, but I did have several run-ins with drivers of cars. Of course that was back in Boston and New York metro areas where road rage is part of the daily traveling experience.

It looks to me that the SUV driver did what he had to do. To bad he didn't have the freedom to carry a pistol like I do here in North Carolina.Bikers have to be more aware of there surroundings, I have on a couple of occasions pulled out in front of them, just did not see them. I agree if the driver had a gun, he probably could have scattered them, and maybe dealt with the one.

fj1200
10-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Bikers have to be more aware of there surroundings, I have on a couple of occasions pulled out in front of them, just did not see them. I agree if the driver had a gun, he probably could have scattered them, and maybe dealt with the one.

They have to more aware? I don't see pulling a gun in that situation leading to any positive outcome.

glockmail
10-03-2013, 01:13 PM
I think the best way to handle a situation like that would be to stay on the highway, and speed up to well past the posted limit. Johnny law would then suddenly appear.

Larrymc
10-03-2013, 01:45 PM
They have to more aware? I don't see pulling a gun in that situation leading to any positive outcome.Yes a biker can't afford to assume they are seen, and like i said If he had a gun, he might not have had to flee, endangering more motorist, and running down bikers,

glockmail
10-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Yes a biker can't afford to assume they are seen, and like i said If he had a gun, he might not have had to flee, endangering more motorist, and running down bikers,

That's true a gun might have saved the guy from getting run over.

If you read the paralyzed guy's wifes account she said that her husband got off his bike on the highway. Dumb move, I'm guessing that the driver of the SUV saw that as threatening, I would have, so took off.

If he had a gun and pointed it at the threat the guy might have backed down.

It's hard to say, not knowing the whole story and of course not being there with all that shit happening. I'll still say it would be better to get on the gas and get the car up to 100 or so. That way you'd be shedding most of the bikes and inviting Johnny Law to step in.

Kathianne
10-03-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm not a biker, shock, I know. I find this compelling though:

http://rideapart.com/2013/09/new-york-bikers-video/

<header> Why the Range Rover-Chasing New York Bikers Look Like Idiots <time class="updated" datetime="2013-09-30T12:00:40+00:00" pubdate="">September 30, 2013</time> By Wes Siler (http://rideapart.com/author/wes/)

You’ve probably seen the video of the biker gang in New York fighting with a Range Rover already, it’s the most popular thing on the Internet this morning. The thing is, despite running over multiple bikes, it’s not the Range Rover driver that’s at fault, it’s the riders. They’re idiots. Here’s why.

Evidence of Idiocy #1: The near complete lack of safety gear, aside from vests.

Let’s start from the beginning. One of those huge packs of unskilled sport bike riders that ride around in huge groups, blocking traffic, revving engines and otherwise flaunting their physical inadequacy issues is doing their thing on a highway in New York. Caught up in the midst of it is a family in a Range Rover Sport.

Whichever guy has the camera stuck to his helmet rides alongside the car as one of his fellow shoal members appears to begin castigating the driver for something. Failing to give way to the massive group of jerks on sport bikes? Minding his own business? Having an actual job

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wNOyDMzn2bY?rel=0" frameborder="0" height="578" width="770"></iframe>

Evidence of Idiocy #2: Pointless road rage.

In the midst of his road rage, said rider pulls in front of the Range Rover, in dangerously close proximity, and slows down a little bit. As he’s doing so, the driver fails to hit the brakes in time and gives the rider a little tap from behind, causing him to lose control of his bike and crash.

Evidence of Idiocy #3: Losing control of your motorcycle.

Now, this is all obviously the fault of the no-gear-wearing, poorly-skilled, testosterone-fueled guy who caused himself to get hit, then fell over, right? Well, that’s not shoal mentality, is it? The bikers angrily surround the SUV, intent on some skewed sort of squid justice.

We can’t really see it in the video, but apparently the bikers began to punch, kick and otherwise attack the vehicle at this point.

The driver, who has his wife and small child in the car, has enough, stomps on the gas and runs over some bikes before taking off.

“He feared for his life and the lives of his wife and daughter,” the NYPD told The New York Post.

The riders give chase. Much bad riding, pointless engine revving and group beeping ensues. At one point, one of them appears to pull over in order to type something on his iPad.

Evidence of Idiocy #4: Mass beeping. I mean, have you ever heard a motorcycle horn? It’s hardly intimidating.

On an off-ramp, the Range Rover comes to a halt and one of the squids runs up and tries to open the driver’s door. Again, the driver takes off, knocking down a bike.

More unskilled riding ensues and, predictably, the Range Rover eventually gets caught in traffic. We see a squid remove his helmet and use it smash the driver’s window. At this point the video cuts out and all we have remaining is the Post’s report that the driver was treated for a “slash” on his face, his wife and daughter were unharmed and no arrests have yet been made. No injuries have been reported for any of the riders, despite their complete lack of safety gear.

What exactly were these guys so mad about? Their buddy fell off his bike because he was riding like an idiot, and all of them were acting like jerks. The driver ran over their bikes because they were threatening his wife and kids. Did they think they were entitled to sole use of a major highway? Do they not recognize the right of an individual to defend his family from physical violence?

The thing is, despite their intimidating group presence, each and every one of the individuals involved would likely have responded similarly had they found their family threatened in a similar fashion. I know people who ride in these groups and, aside from being a little below average in terms of their ability to make smart decisions, none of them are violent criminals, they’re just guys looking to belong to something.

At what point does membership in group include threatening a little girl? It’s not tough, it’s not manly and it’s not what motorcycles should be about to these guys or anyone else. But it’s now what bikes represent to this family, and hundreds of thousands of other non-riders who will read about this in the news or watch the video online. It’ll change the way some people react to riders and may even result in some other car driver potentially putting one of these riders’ or one of our lives at risk. And that’s just stupid.

Do you agree, disagree or have another take? We want to hear about it in the comments below.

Update: Jalopnik has several videos recorded by the gang (http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-footage-that-the-nyc-bikers-didnt-want-you-to-see-1435594427/1436603736/@orlove) on the same ride, prior to this incident. The uploaders have since attempted to remove said videos from the Internet, with no luck. They do not make the bikers look good.

Update 2: MYFOXNY reports that two arrests have been made (http://www.myfoxny.com/story/23567742/suv-driver-attacked-by-pack-of-bikers), while one rider reportedly remains in hospital with serious injuries.

<aside class="sidebar span4" role="complementary"><section class="widget-3 widget widget-last text-8 widget_text"></section></aside><!-- /.sidebar -->

</header>

Larrymc
10-03-2013, 03:16 PM
I think the best way to handle a situation like that would be to stay on the highway, and speed up to well past the posted limit. Johnny law would then suddenly appear.There didn't seem to be much time for rational thought, besides that when have you ever seen a cop when you need one.:laugh:

glockmail
10-03-2013, 06:20 PM
There didn't seem to be much time for rational thought, besides that when have you ever seen a cop when you need one.:laugh: My point exactly. The SUV driver wasn't speeding, just getting his ass kicked by a biker gang. So why would anyone expect a cop to be around?

fj1200
10-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Yes a biker can't afford to assume they are seen, and like i said If he had a gun, he might not have had to flee, endangering more motorist, and running down bikers,

Of course they can't assume they are seen but it doesn't mean it was there fault and if he had a gun do you not think he might have been outgunned? Those bikers idiots are not rational thinkers.

http://rideapart.com/2013/09/new-york-bikers-video/

I mean, have you ever heard a motorcycle horn? It’s hardly intimidating.

:laugh: Truth.

Larrymc
10-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Of course they can't assume they are seen but it doesn't mean it was there fault and if he had a gun do you not think he might have been outgunned? Those bikers idiots are not rational thinkers.

:laugh: Truth.Bikers must be more aware, just a fact, had nothing to do with the indecent, If he found him self out gunned then he still had the same option he took, but chances are if he pulled a gun most would have scattered, guys like that got no balls only in a group.

Jeff
10-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Bikers must be more aware, just a fact, had nothing to do with the indecent, If he found him self out gunned then he still had the same option he took, but chances are if he pulled a gun most would have scattered, guys like that got no balls only in a group.

Guys like that aren't bikers they are thugs that just happen to be on two wheels. and your exactly right take away the crowd he was with and all you have is one lonely coward

fj1200
10-04-2013, 04:48 AM
Bikers must be more aware, just a fact, had nothing to do with the indecent, If he found him self out gunned then he still had the same option he took, but chances are if he pulled a gun most would have scattered, guys like that got no balls only in a group.

As must cagers ;) but you're probably right because there is no history of mob violence escalating simply because they're in a mob... oh wait.

aboutime
10-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Let's ask the man who was driving the SUV, or his lawyer.

Those are the only two ways any of us can honestly speak to what took place.

Trigg
10-04-2013, 03:55 PM
when seconds count, cops are only minutes away.

I feel bad for the paralyzed biker, but if you hang out with idiots, bad things happen.

Gaffer
10-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Okay, I'll say it. The crotch rocket boys were black. I noticed this has been avoided by all of the media. More sons of obama doing their thing.

Jeff
10-05-2013, 06:38 AM
OK there ya have it , one of the biggest 1% clubs in the world has weighed in on these idiots that some call bikers and for the HA's to come forward that is saying a lot because they have enough problems of there own as to not want to get into the public's eye .

Even the Hells Angels are appalled by a motorcycle gang’s savage beatdown of a father on the West Side Highway — saying the heartless brutes crossed a line when they messed with a family.
“That kind of behavior is unacceptable — and with a kid in the car, nonetheless! I have a 3-year-old niece,” said one biker who was hanging out at the Hells Angels’ East Village headquarters Thursday.
He slammed the thugs for taking the law into their own hands by chasing down and beating Internet executive Alexian Lien, 33, on Sunday after a fender bender on the highway.
“You get the name and license plate and let the cops deal with it. But violence? I don’t condone that,” the biker said.
“If that had been my kid and I was the one driving . . .” he said before stopping himself.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2013/10/04/even-hells-angels-rip-biker-gang%E2%80%99s-highway-beatdown

tailfins
10-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Somebody downloaded some videos from those bikers before they were deleted:

2:00 camera man types zip code 11713 into gas pump. {Oops.}

What have we learned: If you are going to do something illegal, don't film it. If you decide to film it, don't include incriminating evidence. If you include self-incriminating evidence, don't record your friends doing it with you.

The Footage That the NYC Bikers Didn't Want You to See (7 more!) UPDATED (http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-footage-that-the-nyc-bikers-didnt-want-you-to-see-1435594427)

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-footage-that-the-nyc-bikers-didnt-want-you-to-see-1435594427

Jeff
10-06-2013, 06:28 AM
Now they are saying these so called biker's had cops mixed in with them , that the club known as Front line Soldiers is made up of police officers as well , so the plot thickens , if there where cops involved they ought to lose there badges and be thrown in jail and let the Gen Pop know just who they are.

At least five off-duty New York Police Department officers have admitted being present at the savage revenge beating last weekend on the Henry Hudson Parkway, according to reports.
Among the off duty cops were at least two detectives and three other officers, all who witnessed the attack and did little to stop it. One of the detectives, an undercover narcotics officer, watched as the violence broke out and chose not to break it up for fear of ruining his cover.

The New York Post originally reported that the first undercover officer to admit being at the ruthless pounding was not the only cop at the scene, as several members of the motorcycle group- called the Front Line Soldiers- are police officers themselves.

http://clashdaily.com/2013/10/bad-cops-breaking-several-duty-nypd-cops-stood-bikers-beat-dad/

Larrymc
10-07-2013, 04:28 PM

The bikers ended up pulling him from his car and slashing his face, in front of a crowd. I can only imagine what they would have done when they had him to themselves the first time and he got out of his car.Authority's don't seem to be buying it. http://gma.yahoo.com/christopher-cruz-biker-charged-suv-attack-says-hes-152732705--abc-news-topstories.html?vp=1

glockmail
10-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Authority's don't seem to be buying it. http://gma.yahoo.com/christopher-cruz-biker-charged-suv-attack-says-hes-152732705--abc-news-topstories.html?vp=1
A perp claiming it wasn't his fault. Imagine that. :laugh:

Larrymc
10-09-2013, 07:47 AM

The bikers ended up pulling him from his car and slashing his face, in front of a crowd. I can only imagine what they would have done when they had him to themselves the first time and he got out of his car.
http://news.yahoo.com/undercover-nypd-suv-biker-attack-193030746.html