PDA

View Full Version : United Nations Small Arms Trade Treaty Really Does Open the Door to a National Gun Re

Jeff
10-02-2013, 07:25 AM
Yes this is exactly why Obama was so excited to get the ball rolling the night he was elected , he knew there was no way he could push his agenda's through to get what he wants but ultimately what the gun grabbers want is a national registry , yes that way when they do decide to pick up guns they will know exactly where each one is and this is what the NRA and anybody with a brain has been fighting, it is the first step towards confiscation like it or not people have been screaming this since the beginning of this whole mess and it seems Obama ( not getting what he wants on the surface ) got exactly what he expected to get

There are several problems encountered when representatives of the United States sign any (and I mean any) treaty with the United Nations. Treaties can only be signed (and then ratified, or not) with other sovereign states (or countries). This immediately exempts the UN because it is not a sovereign state, though it is treated as if it is one. The reality is that the UN is in no way a sovereign state at all. Pretending it is does not make it so, unless you're a "progressive."
Next, according to the Constitution, the Senate (and only the Senate) has the ability to ratify a treaty that the US enters into with another (or group of) sovereign state. Because Secretary of State John Kerry signed the document, it will simply go to the Senate for ratification, instead of being rejected out of hand since the UN is not a viable sovereign state.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/10/united-nations-small-arms-trade-treaty-really-open-door-national-gun-registry/

fj1200
10-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Well he certainly hits all of the fear points. But the Treaty Clause doesn't mention only foreign governments that I could see but that also begs the question of the Geneva Convention and its ratification. And treaties do not trump the Constitution.

Jeff
10-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Well he certainly hits all of the fear points. But the Treaty Clause doesn't mention only foreign governments that I could see but that also begs the question of the Geneva Convention and its ratification. And treaties do not trump the Constitution.

fj I sure hope you are right here , I get these reports from different gun rights organizations and it is scary what they have to say ( and they all say the same thing ) along with many senators that are on board with them ,of course I know this could all be a scare tactic but the way it is all going down was explained back when Obama first won the election and it is going just as the Gun rights people have said so far, I have to admit if you are correct I will be more than happy to thank ya anywhere at anytime :thumb:

aboutime
10-02-2013, 01:40 PM

Cannot disagree with this.....

"And treaties do not trump the Constitution." .

fj1200
10-02-2013, 01:51 PM
fj I sure hope you are right here...

:) Now I never said eternal vigilance wasn't important but some things we just don't have to worry about... yet.