PDA

View Full Version : Obama admin puts more guards at DC WWII Memorial, than at Benghazi compound

Little-Acorn
10-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Your tax dollars at work.

Yesterday a number of WWII veterans (average age: 90-plus) flew by "Honor FLight" to Washington DC, to see the WWII Memorial that commemorated their own service and sacrifice. Though the Memorial is normally open 24/7 with no attending personnel, the Obama administration decided to close it anyway, as part of its successfull shutting down of the government. A number of the WWII vets were not pleased, and pushed their way past the barricades erected by the govt bureaucrats.

Today, apparently the Obama administration sent seven guards to block off the memorial.

Interesting what the Obama administration feels should be guarded, and whom it should be guarded against.

Especially when compared to what it felt should NOT be guarded on Sept. 11, 2011, even in the face of increasing attacks and bombings on the site, with American lives at stake.

------------------------------------------

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/shutdown-overreach-more-guards-at-wwii-memorial-than-benghazi-park-service-closes-park-it-doesnt-run/article/2536710

At the World War II Memorial on The Mall in Washington, where veterans have been staging protests to keep it open, Washington Examiner's Charlie Spiering reports that at least seven officials were dispatched Wednesday morning to set up a ring of barricades to block tourists from the memorial.

That is two more than the State Department had in Benghazi a year ago on the night of the terrorist attack that killed four, including the U.S. ambassador.

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/the_slatest/2013/10/01/wwii_memorial_busload_of_wwii_vets_storm_the_shutt ered_monument/72389307.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

Little-Acorn
10-02-2013, 02:04 PM
An interesting observation by a friend on another forum, who lives and works in DC:

"I drive by the WWII memorial and many of the various other 'outdoor' monuments almost daily.

"I typically see FAR LESS police presence (US Park Police) on any given day at these places than I do now that the government is shutdown. Police are literally EVERYWHERE now. You couldn't swing a dead cat and not hit one.

"Somehow, by some mysterious way, the very same agency that can't seem to find enough police officers to patrol and secure areas like the monuments and national mall and keep things like armed robberies and sexual assaults from happening pretty much weekly, has suddenly found all the officers it needs to ensure that 94 year old Veterans can't get close enough to a memorial (to them, no less!) in order to read the words carved on it.

"Where were all these cops back in May when 3 of Obama's sons were raping and sodomizing a female jogger in broad daylight in the morning along Ohio Drive, only a couple hundred yards from the MLK and FDR Memorials? Or when the entire family from Ohio or Indiana or wherever was robbed at the Smithsonian metro station? Or when the crazy Chinese broad was flinging green paint mixed with poop all over Abe Lincoln?

"No cops around then, but DOZENS on patrol now that everything is closed."

Jeff
10-02-2013, 02:28 PM
This is so sad that we have a president that closed the WH to tours stopping a lot of kids dream class trip and now post guards at a Memorial knowing some of these vets ( do to there age ) may never be able to make the trip again all in the name of punishing people , yes the more he punishes people and gets some to believe it is all the Republicans fault the more he wins, but I think except for a few stone cold liberals most are seeing exactly what is going on here and this will back fire in his face, I think most feel like I do , you can hurt me you can try to hurt the country but DO NOT HURT OUR VETS , these men are hero's and he is showing exactly what he thinks of them, Obama is a disgrace he should be sent back to Kenya so they can have there village idiot back .

aboutime
10-02-2013, 02:34 PM
We should all feel ashamed, and pass that shame on to every member of CONGRESS, and the Idiot, Pretending to be the President.

Hope we are the laughing stock around the world. At least...somebody is smart enough to see how STUPID our politicians really are.

And Putin should be given OBAMA's Nobel Prize...just for being a person with a BRAIN.

PostmodernProphet
10-03-2013, 01:34 PM
We should all feel ashamed, and pass that shame on to every member of CONGRESS

actually, I'm not ashamed of my congressman....lol, when he was a kid he was in my Sunday School class....

It’s the best civil disobedience we’ve seen in Washington for a long time,” Rep. Bill Huizenga (R-Mich.) told part of the group inside the memorial.“As the son of a World War II veteran, I just want to say, guys, forget about all this politics and all this junk,” he said. “This is about you today, and this is about us saying thank you to you and your service.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/visiting-veterans-storm-closed-wwii-memorial/2013/10/01/0fc2a376-2ab4-11e3-8ade-a1f23cda135e_story.html

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/visiting-veterans-storm-closed-wwii-memorial/2013/10/01/0fc2a376-2ab4-11e3-8ade-a1f23cda135e_story.html)

aboutime
10-03-2013, 04:34 PM
actually, I'm not ashamed of my congressman....lol, when he was a kid he was in my Sunday School class....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/visiting-veterans-storm-closed-wwii-memorial/2013/10/01/0fc2a376-2ab4-11e3-8ade-a1f23cda135e_story.html

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/visiting-veterans-storm-closed-wwii-memorial/2013/10/01/0fc2a376-2ab4-11e3-8ade-a1f23cda135e_story.html)

I'd like to say the same PostmodernProphet. But, then again. I must stand by my assertions from previous posts that ALL POLITICIANS, no matter what party. Cannot, and Should Not be trusted.
I don't care if my Congressman IS good friends with my Brother-in-law locally. Just today.
I read where he switched...or changed his mind (uh-huh), and decided to go completely in the opposite direction he PERSONALLY told us he would NEVER DO.
Everything being done for the WWII Veterans now...has a Political meaning, and if we think it doesn't. WE should be ashamed of ourselves too!
As a Veteran of Two wars myself.
I know how TWO FACED most politicians can be, and are...either just before an election, or instantly AFTER an election.
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT....Too many times.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Yes, the manchild can guard monuments against citizens that fought to preserve this nation visiting but can not and will not even try to guard our Southern border from illegal entry by non-citizens that wreck havoc here and costs this nation many , many billions a year to care for! I feel sorry for any that can not see this for the hypocrisy and treason it is on Obama's part. I truly do.-Tyr