View Full Version : Bush: Immigration bill will work

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Story Highlights
• Bush says the delay to his controversial immigration bill is temporary
• Bush is expected to lobby Capitol Hill lawmakers in person Tuesday
• The bill would give millions of unlawful immigrants a path to citizenship

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/11/bush.immigration.ap/index.html

We need to start writing the President and Vice President and demand that they stop this.

Pale Rider
06-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Story Highlights
• Bush says the delay to his controversial immigration bill is temporary
• Bush is expected to lobby Capitol Hill lawmakers in person Tuesday
• The bill would give millions of unlawful immigrants a path to citizenship

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/11/bush.immigration.ap/index.html

We need to start writing the President and Vice President and demand that they stop this.

I have HAD it with bush and this sell out the country bullshit! That fucker can go straight to hell.

gabosaurus
06-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Newt Gingrich for President? :laugh2: :laugh2:

Dilloduck
06-11-2007, 05:02 PM

The best---and I'm willing to bet that you know next to nothing about him until you start googling.

Pale Rider
06-11-2007, 06:39 PM

I'm glad you think that's funny. That means you hate it, and that means I like it.

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 06:45 PM
I got offered a job on Tancredo's Campaign today! Doubt im going to take it though.............

Gaffer
06-11-2007, 06:56 PM
I got offered a job on Tancredo's Campaign today! Doubt im going to take it though.............

Does it pay anything?

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Does it pay anything?

Yup, but I would have to relocate to VA or Iowa and well I don't think he has a stong chance so moving for a job that only lasts a few months I don't think is a great idea, I dont know...........

Kathianne
06-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Yup, but I would have to relocate to VA or Iowa and well I don't think he has a stong chance so moving for a job that only lasts a few months I don't think is a great idea, I dont know...........

Didn't you say you were thinking of politics? If you aren't married, I'd go for it. That's how you make connections, he's still going to be a representative when it's over. I wish I had stayed with politics out of college.

Hobbit
06-11-2007, 07:26 PM
:bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3: :bang3::bang3::bang3:

This after watching Glenn Beck rail the asshole liar who prosecuted the 2 border patrol agents. Does the government even hear us anymore? We need a big change up on the hill. No more pork. No more amnesty. No more apathy. No more political correctness. No more politically correct rules of engagement when the lives of our cops and soldiers are on the line.

P.S. I'm more pissed off than the 10 headbangs indicate. I need more then 10 smilies allowed per post to properly express myself.

Yurt
06-11-2007, 07:30 PM
_____ democrat for President? :laugh2: :laugh2:

Ha, you finally got it :laugh2:

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Didn't you say you were thinking of politics? If you aren't married, I'd go for it. That's how you make connections, he's still going to be a representative when it's over. I wish I had stayed with politics out of college.

Yea but I have a daughter to think about.

Kathianne
06-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Yea but I have a daughter to think about.

Oh, then I suppose unless you can afford to get back or fly her east regularly, that's pretty impossible.

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh, then I suppose unless you can afford to get back or fly her east regularly, that's pretty impossible.

Yea :(

Kathianne
06-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Yea :(

Well let them know you would be willing to do 'anything' within driving distance. Maybe you could take a leave from you work?

Do you have custody? How old is she?

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Well let them know you would be willing to do 'anything' within driving distance. Maybe you could take a leave from you work?

Do you have custody? How old is she?

Nevada isn't a concern for Republican's for the primaries just Democrats so im out of luck with the driving distance idea.

5stringJeff
06-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Bush is being a freakin' idiot about this. :mad: You lost! give it up already!!!

Kathianne
06-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Nevada isn't a concern for Republican's for the primaries just Democrats so im out of luck with the driving distance idea.
I'm sorry. Well maybe there will be better luck in the general election. Do you have your #2 & #3 choices yet? ;)

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm sorry. Well maybe there will be better luck in the general election. Do you have your #2 & #3 choices yet? ;)

Yup, im set when the primary's are over, I just dont want to wait that long.

Kathianne
06-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Michelle Malkin isn't. Lots and lots of links:

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/007705.htm

Kill the Bill: Exposing the dirty deal
Update- Senators to Bush: Enforce the laws first
By Michelle Malkin · June 12, 2007 11:00 AM

Just received from a Hill source:

shamdeal003.jpg

shamdeal004.jpg

Out-of-touch-with-reality quote of the morning:

"I think one of the things that we have to do is answer the skeptics, answer the doubters," White House press secretary Tony Snow said Tuesday.

"We not only have a good sound bill, but it's also one that a lot of conservatives, when they get a chance to look at it, will say OK," he said on NBC's "Today" show.

Jon Ward of the WashTimes reports:

The White House released news late last night that President Bush, on the plane ride home from his week-long trip to Europe, called three senators key to the immigration reform talks, "to thank them for their work on the immigration bill and strategize how to get it passed."

Mr. Bush called Sen. [Jon] Kyl, Arizona Republican, Sen. Edward Kennedy, Massachusetts Democrat, and Sen. Ken Salazar, Colorado Democrat...

The meeting President Bush is scheduled to attend today is the weekly Senate Republican Policy Committee luncheon, chaired and hosted by Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison:

Every Tuesday that the Senate is in session, Republican Senators gather in the Capitol for a policy lunch meeting, hosted by Chairman Hutchison. This is the one scheduled time each week for all Republican Senators to gather and discuss issues before the Senate, review the anticipated agenda, and discuss policy options.

A letter to Bush from enforcement-first Senators:

Dear Mr. President:

We respectfully ask that your Administration enforce the border security laws that have already been authorized by Congress regardless of whether the Senate passes the immigration reform bill. The bill assumes that several critical border security benchmarks can be achieved within 18 months. These security triggers are already authorized under current law and can be completed without the immigration bill. We believe these enforcement measures are vital and should not wait until Congress passes additional immigration reforms.

Securing the border is the best way to restore trust with the American people and facilitate future improvements of our immigration policy.

Sincerely,

U.S. Senators Jim DeMint (R – South Carolina), Tom Coburn (R – Oklahoma), Mike Enzi (R – Wyoming), David Vitter (R – Louisiana), Jim Inhofe (R – Oklahoma), Jim Bunning (R – Kentucky), Charles Grassley (R – Iowa), John Ensign (R – Nevada) and Jeff Sessions (R – Alabama).

Sens. Isakson and Chambliss weigh in: Fund border security through emergency appropriations.

Pale Rider
06-12-2007, 03:28 PM
I've been flipping between Fox News, CNN, and Headline News for awhile now, and I've heard nothing about this yet. You'd think it would get more attention than paris hilton, but no. She's more important than our countries sovereignty.