PDA

View Full Version : haha, obama says will not negotiate unless Repubs first give him what he wants!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-02-2013, 09:15 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-02/obama-says-he-s-exasperated-with-house-republican-faction.html?cmpid=yhoo
Obama Says He’s Exasperated With House Republican Faction

By Roxana Tiron, Kathleen Hunter & Michael C. Bender - Oct 2, 2013 5:19 PM CT President Barack Obama, declaring himself “exasperated,” said he won’t negotiate with Republicans on the U.S. budget until they reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling without conditions.
Obama spoke today on CNBC in advance of an Oval Office meeting with the top four congressional leaders, including House Speaker John Boehner. Obama said Boehner should allow a vote on a bill to reopen the government, which the president said would pass on a bipartisan vote.

Boehner Says Obama Refused to Negotiate on Shutdown

1:18

Oct. 2 (Bloomberg) -- House Speaker John Boehner speaks with reporters about his meeting with President Barack Obama at the White House and the U.S. government shutdown. Boehner said Obama refused to negotiate in a meeting with top congressional leaders about the government shutdown. (Source: Bloomberg)

U.S. President Barack Obama, pictured, said House Speaker John Boehner should allow a vote on a bill to reopen the government, which the president said would pass on a bipartisan vote. Photographer: Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images
“John Boehner right now has not been willing to say no to a faction of the Republican Party that are willing to burn the house down because of an obsession with my health-care initiative,” Obama said.

Today’s meeting is the first high-level discussion since the government began a partial shutdown yesterday at midnight. Republicans have been trying to get Obama to the negotiating table and to back off his insistence on a short-term spending bill and debt-limit increase without policy conditions.
Isn't it amazing the damn arrogance this freaking clown has?? Give me most of what I want then I'll negotiate with ya!!! No wonder Putin chumped him like a 4 year old kid.. -:laugh:Tyr

DragonStryk72
10-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Isn't it amazing the damn arrogance this freaking clown has?? Give me most of what I want then I'll negotiate with ya!!! No wonder Putin chumped him like a 4 year old kid.. -:laugh:Tyr

So, he'll negotiate as long as they unconditionally surrender?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-02-2013, 10:57 PM
So, he'll negotiate as long as they unconditionally surrender? Basically yes, that's what the clown says. Yet he'll meet with Iran with no pre-conditions set. Anybody that hasn't by now figured out this ffing worm never will IMHO. -Tyr

logroller
10-02-2013, 10:59 PM
If what he's saying is true, that a bill to fund government including aca would pass in Congress, then boehner not allowing it to come to a vote is tyranny of the minority. I have my doubts it is true and it would be interesting to see a vote on it and see.
I wonder though, would those here support a vote on a bill (not yea or nay, just a vote upon itself) that funds govt and aca; trusting that the majority vote carries one or another?

gabosaurus
10-02-2013, 11:00 PM
How is this different from Republicans saying they won't negotiate over including Obamacare in their spending bill?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-02-2013, 11:15 PM
If what he's saying is true, that a bill to fund government including aca would pass in Congress, then boehner not allowing it to come to a vote is tyranny of the minority. I have my doubts it is true and it would be interesting to see a vote on it and see.
I wonder though, would those here support a vote on a bill (not yea or nay, just a vote upon itself) that funds govt and aca; trusting that the majority vote carries one or another? Yes, always the case , one man's garbage is another man's fish bait. Nothing illegal being done except Obama ignoring the Constitution when he wants to and Reid making sure we have five long years without having passed a budget. Seems that CR works well for Obama and crew. Its not the Republicans job to make life easy for the tyrant in chief. Especially since he is as corrupt a man as has ever held any office in this nation IMHO. THIS THE REPUBLICAN WILL NOT PLAY FAIR AND GIVE ME WHAT I WANT IS HIS CRY , WHY ARE SO MANY TRYING TO HELP HIM WITH IT? Does the little spoiled man child need his worthless communist mommy or what?-TYR

logroller
10-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Yes, always the case , one man's garbage is another man's fish bait. Nothing illegal being done except Obama ignoring the Constitution when he wants to and Reid making sure we have five long years without having passed a budget. Seems that CR works well for Obama and crew. Its not the Republicans job to make life easy for the tyrant in chief. Especially since he is as corrupt a man as has ever held any office in this nation IMHO. THIS THE REPUBLICAN WILL NOT PLAY FAIR AND GIVE ME WHAT I WANT IS HIS CRY , WHY ARE SO MANY TRYING TO HELP HIM WITH IT? Does the little spoiled man child need his worthless communist mommy or what?-TYR
It is government's job to pass a budget. If a budget exists that could possibly get the necessary votes it should be voted upon IMO. Do you agree?

Kathianne
10-03-2013, 12:23 AM
It is government's job to pass a budget. If a budget exists that could possibly get the necessary votes it should be voted upon IMO. Do you agree?

and yet, we've been 4 year without a budget. Why is that? This CR was for 7 weeks, now going on 6. No solutions, just more of the same.

Jeff
10-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Yes they meet again with no head way and again Obama says he will not negotiate , does this idiot care at all about the American people, hell he has NP negotiating with terrorist but when it comes to the American people nope he is going to stand his ground, they say this shut down ( slim down ) whichever you want to call it may go for weeks, one thing is for sure not a one of them should collect a pay check while not getting anything done. I see a couple of (R's) have said they will donate there checks to a charity but then I see people I know (D's) complaining about that because they could write it off on taxes , seems like ya have to forget about this party line stuff and work for the best of the country !

President Obama and congressional leaders emerged from a White House meeting Wednesday evening with little sign of progress toward ending the government shutdown, a standstill both parties acknowledge could last weeks.
Following a 90-minute meeting, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) told reporters Obama had “reiterated one more time tonight he will not negotiate.”

http://cowboybyte.com/24981/sign-government-shutdown-ending-white-house-meeting/

Trigg
10-03-2013, 09:40 AM
How is this different from Republicans saying they won't negotiate over including Obamacare in their spending bill?

I think you would have a point IF, obama and his administration would try to do something, anything, about their out of control spending.

As others have pointed out, they haven't had a budget in HOW LONG?

How many times has this administration upped the debt ceiling.

At this point the republicans need to take a stand, if they want to be taken seriously when they talk about the budget.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-03-2013, 09:56 AM
It is government's job to pass a budget. If a budget exists that could possibly get the necessary votes it should be voted upon IMO. Do you agree? Sure I agree. However, I am not in charge so it doesn't matter. Besides that is a very big "IF">> since the dems (Reid/Senate) have not allowed a budget to be passed for 4 long years. I do not agree that the Republicans have to yield to Obama and the dems demands for basically "more of the same insane spending spree". And since Congress has the power of the purse(or did until bamboy) This battle has been going on for 4 years already. Guess who profited from that 4 year long battle? A good look shows that bamboy did IMHO. I applaud what the Republicans are doing because its taking a stand against Obama and the dems they should have taken long ago. -Tyr

glockmail
10-03-2013, 10:05 AM
How is this different from Republicans saying they won't negotiate over including Obamacare in their spending bill? “Republicans continue to listen to the American people and take steps to keep critical parts of the government running. There’s nothing ‘piecemeal’ about making sure Americans have access to all of their national parks, or continuing life-saving cancer research. Instead of threatening to veto these bills as part of a scorched-earth strategy, the president should back them just as he did our military pay bill. We will pass additional emergency measures in the coming days as we wait for President Obama and Senate Democrats to drop their refusal to negotiate. The sooner they do, the sooner we can resolve our differences and address our country’s challenges.”

http://boehner.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=352215

gabosaurus
10-03-2013, 02:08 PM
What is there to negotiate about? Obama and the Dems are fairly clear about this:

President Obama warned Thursday that the looming debt-ceiling crisis could be even more damaging than the current government shutdown, which he said could end immediately if House Republicans would hold a vote on a short-term spending bill without partisan attachments.

Thunderknuckles
10-03-2013, 02:15 PM
What is there to negotiate about? Obama and the Dems are fairly clear about this:

President Obama warned Thursday that the looming debt-ceiling crisis could be even more damaging than the current government shutdown, which he said could end immediately if House Republicans would hold a vote on a short-term spending bill without partisan attachments.
He means a short term spending bill without Republican attachments. In other words, he will not negotiate unless he gets everything he wants as the thread title suggests.

gabosaurus
10-03-2013, 02:18 PM
He means a short term spending bill without Republican attachments. In other words, he will not negotiate unless he gets everything he wants as the thread title suggests.

I don't think that is what he said. Take out all partisan attachments and the bill gets passed.

glockmail
10-03-2013, 02:19 PM

Yes, it's already been established here that your heroes are unwilling to negotiate. It's a rather closed-minded position, wouldn't you agree? Why are the Democrats being the Party of No?

glockmail
10-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I don't think that is what he said. Take out all partisan attachments and the bill gets passed. Take out your partisan Obamacare and the bill gets passed. :slap:

Thunderknuckles
10-03-2013, 03:29 PM
I don't think that is what he said. Take out all partisan attachments and the bill gets passed.
The spending bill is partisan in and of itself as it was submitted by the Democrats.
Basically Obama is saying "here is the budget I and the Democrats want, you Republicans just sit back and pass it. I don't care about your input."
Of course the Republicans aren't making it any easier by wanting to delay ObamaCare another year as part of the deal and we know Obama isn't going for that. Hell, if the Republicans had their way, they would keep delaying it until the day they had enough power to repeal it regardles of the President's approval - which could take another couple of hundred years at the rate the establishment Republicans keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Kathianne
10-03-2013, 03:50 PM
It's all politics. The Obamacare is funded, obviously it opened. The CR was fo 7 weeks, now 6. Obamacare 'controversy' can be dropped by either side.

Trigg
10-03-2013, 03:53 PM

Aren't you getting tired of yet another debt ceiling crisis that is looming.

Not long ago I posted this from Obama's first run for president. You're a smart person, now tell my WHY raising the ceiling YET AGAIN, is ok for this president. Aren't you getting tired of the hypocrisy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydZTHPkOnvE

DragonStryk72
10-03-2013, 07:51 PM

Because they didn't write a spending bill? They wrote a CR, which has been used every single year since Obama took office. A CR is a Continuing Resolution to continue spending at last years levels so that we can keep the government moving while a budget is laid out and agreed upon. Since that has yet to happen in Obama's presidency, it's been CRs every year. Now, since the ACA wasn't on the list of expenditures for last year, the CR obviously would not reflect spending for the ACA.

I'm not deriding you here, most people don't actually know the difference between a CR and a proper spending bill. It wouldn't even become an issue if we weren't hitting the debt ceiling at the same time.

Kathianne
10-03-2013, 07:56 PM

Really wished you'd quoted here.