PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Nunes: Democratic congressmen tell me privately they want to prolong shutdown

Jeff
10-04-2013, 06:30 AM
How can this be good, the Diwwits want to prolong this shutdown ( slim down ) I just don't see how this is in the best intrest of the country but after watching the circus the last 5 years it is easy to see what is best for the country is on the back burner, makes ya wonder how many more people will be crashing the gates of the WH.

Two days into the government shutdown in Washington, D.C., and there is still no end in sight.
The good news: Both sides actually met at the White House Wednesday. The bad news: All they did was butt heads.
Many right wing Republicans seem to have all their chips on defunding the Affordable Health Act, so-called Obamacare, and are refusing to budge.
Republican Congressman Devin Nunes, who said the shutdown is bad for the GOP and has publicly criticized his party for what he calls a "silly" strategy, said the shutdown gives Democrats a political advantage.

"The Democrats are giddy about this behind closed doors. I mean, they think that this is going to give (House Minority Leader) Nancy Pelosi back the gavel," said Nunes. "They're very cocky, very confident."

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/03/rep-nunes-democratic-congressmen-tell-me-privately-they-want-to-prolong-shutdown/