PDA

View Full Version : Save the Ta Ta's

Jeff
10-05-2013, 06:32 AM
OK I am getting ready to head out to a run called save the Ta Ta's and yes it is run by a woman's club here in North GA ( the Appalachian Angels ) all proceeds will go to the local Health department to help those that can't afford a Mammogram ( they say that is the best way to fight this disease early detection ) We will have a pink Bra wrapped around the windshield of the bike ( I had hoped to have one wrapped around my helmet but the wife is a little to well endowed for that :laugh: ) So being in the spirit of October being breast cancer awareness month I am offering to all you lovely woman to send me pictures of your Ta Ta's and I will examine them for you ( I am a nice guy like that ) all free of charge of course ;)

Seriously this is a terrible thing for anyone to go through, this month if you see someone collecting money to help fight it please donate , if ya are the religious type please keep this problem in your prayers and if not just please keep it on your mind , yes men can get this as well but it normally effects woman and it is a horrible thing ( my Mom went through it twice as well as other loved ones and I am sure at this point we all know someone who has been effected by this terrible disease) so yes this is one of those monthly awareness things I stand behind 100 %

WiccanLiberal
10-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Get your mammograms. Don't stop doing self exams as you age. Pay attention if your partner tells you that they feel something different when they touch you. A large percentage of the self discovered masses are actually discovered by a woman's intimate partner. And guys, PLEASE don't dismiss a change in your own body. We all want to be around long enough to annoy the younger generation.

aboutime
10-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Get your mammograms. Don't stop doing self exams as you age. Pay attention if your partner tells you that they feel something different when they touch you. A large percentage of the self discovered masses are actually discovered by a woman's intimate partner. And guys, PLEASE don't dismiss a change in your own body. We all want to be around long enough to annoy the younger generation.

WiccanL and Jeff. Thanks to both of you for making this known, and to perhaps...someone who hasn't thought about it, or been involved.

My 93 year old Mother-in-law is a Breast cancer survivor...twice. Had mastectomies back in the early 80's. My wife, and all three of her sisters have had, and been treated for Breast cancer. And the oldest sister repeated what her mother went through...and she was only 49 at the time.

As for US MEN. It's not a joke, and it shouldn't be an embarrassment to any man to talk about this serious problem that is often ignored, or taken lightly.
MEN and WOMEN are prone to Breast cancer, and the older you get. The more seriously you should drop the MACHO MAN disguise, and do a check that COULD save your miserable old, selfish life.
JUST DO IT. Laugh at it AFTERWARD.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-06-2013, 09:01 PM
OK I am getting ready to head out to a run called save the Ta Ta's and yes it is run by a woman's club here in North GA ( the Appalachian Angels ) all proceeds will go to the local Health department to help those that can't afford a Mammogram ( they say that is the best way to fight this disease early detection ) We will have a pink Bra wrapped around the windshield of the bike ( I had hoped to have one wrapped around my helmet but the wife is a little to well endowed for that :laugh: ) So being in the spirit of October being breast cancer awareness month I am offering to all you lovely woman to send me pictures of your Ta Ta's and I will examine them for you ( I am a nice guy like that ) all free of charge of course ;)

Seriously this is a terrible thing for anyone to go through, this month if you see someone collecting money to help fight it please donate , if ya are the religious type please keep this problem in your prayers and if not just please keep it on your mind , yes men can get this as well but it normally effects woman and it is a horrible thing ( my Mom went through it twice as well as other loved ones and I am sure at this point we all know someone who has been effected by this terrible disease) so yes this is one of those monthly awareness things I stand behind 100 %Found out that one of my old girlfriends from back after my first divorce in 1976 died in April 2012 from breast cancer that she had battled for over 7 years. She was three years older that me and 62 years old. I had not seen or talked to her in about 19 years. Still it affected me greatly and made me very sad. All in all she was not only a knock out gorgeous lady but also a good person and had two children, a boy 17 years old and a girl 22 years old. Her husband of 28 years survives her. Also she was the best friend of my ex-wife, the first wife.. Breast cancer is a terrible disease! -Tyr

Kathianne
10-06-2013, 11:18 PM
WiccanL and Jeff. Thanks to both of you for making this known, and to perhaps...someone who hasn't thought about it, or been involved.

My 93 year old Mother-in-law is a Breast cancer survivor...twice. Had mastectomies back in the early 80's. My wife, and all three of her sisters have had, and been treated for Breast cancer. And the oldest sister repeated what her mother went through...and she was only 49 at the time.

As for US MEN. It's not a joke, and it shouldn't be an embarrassment to any man to talk about this serious problem that is often ignored, or taken lightly.
MEN and WOMEN are prone to Breast cancer, and the older you get. The more seriously you should drop the MACHO MAN disguise, and do a check that COULD save your miserable old, selfish life.
JUST DO IT. Laugh at it AFTERWARD.

Well said. There is nothing more manly than a guy in pink t-shirt for 'run for breast cancer' or 'volleying for breast cancer.' In fairness I've been on the lookout of 'run for prostate cancer' and have yet to see one.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/05/breast-cancer-receives-much-more-research-funding-publicity-than-prostate-cancer-despite-similar-number-of-victims/

Blog - Caroline May
Breast cancer receives much more research funding, publicity than prostate cancer despite similar number of victims 2:51 AM 10/05/2010

For Barbie, October is a month to behold. Pink. Pink everywhere. Pink balloons (http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_621d2e80-bb7c-11de-9753-001cc4c002e0.html), ribbons (http://www.pinkribbon.com/), bridges (http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/02/a-bridge-goes-pink-for-breast-cancer-awareness/), buildings (http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.aspx?Section=Movies&ID=ENTEN20100155243&subcatg=MOVIESINDIA&keyword=hollywood&nid=56771), and professional sports equipment (http://www.nflshop.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3821290), all to raise awareness about breast cancer.

The last 25 years have seen the boob slowly edging out the pumpkin as a symbol for fall. With breast cancer so visible, it is interesting to note that last month was prostate cancer awareness month. In September, however, the color blue (http://www.psa-rising.com/ribbons/) did not engulf the country in any similar manner — despite claiming a comparable number of victims.

According to estimates from the National Institutes of Health, in the United States in 2010, 207,090 women and 1,970 men will get new cases of breast cancer (http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/breast), while 39,840 women and 390 men will likely die from the disease. The estimated new cases of prostate cancer (http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/prostate) this year — all affecting men — is 217,730, while it is predicted 32,050 will die from the disease.

Dan Zenka, the Prostate Cancer Foundation’s vice president of communications, says the similarity in numbers is hard to ignore. “Prostate cancer is to men what breast cancer is to women,” he told The Daily Caller.

Breast cancer awareness advocates have done an inspired job getting out word and excitement for their cause. Despite their success, prostate cancer has been left in the dust — both in terms of awareness and federal funding. Case in point, prostate cancer research receives less than half of the funding breast cancer does.

In fiscal year 2009, breast cancer research received $872 million worth of federal funding, while prostate cancer received $390 million. It is estimated that fiscal year 2010 will end similarly, with breast cancer research getting $891 million and prostate cancer research receiving $399 million.

Even when it comes to private foundations, the picture is the same. For example, at the American Cancer Society, breast cancer receives about twice the number of grants as prostate cancer.

Kevin Johnson, the senior vice president of public policy for ZERO-The Project to End Prostate Cancer, chalks much of the disparity up to the differences between men and women, specifically the way each deals with their health concerns. Women, Johnson says, tend to be acutely aware and outspoken about their health concerns, while men shy away from such discussions.

“[Women] have been very vocal about being active in their health care. Men just aren’t like that. Men don’t talk about it,” Johnson told TheDC. “You’ve got to be tougher and everything else. You don’t talk about weaknesses like that.”

Zenka agrees

“Men don’t put on blue sneakers or blue ribbons; and they don’t run every 5k they can find and I think that has really slowed down the pace of awareness and subsequently the funding,” he said.

SassyLady
10-07-2013, 05:20 AM
My sister was only 47 when she died from breast cancer that metastasized into her organs and bones. We found out she had cancer when she was 38. It was a brutal 10 years and most of you on here are familiar with my experiences with her long battle. She died just before Christmas last year. She was very brave and very strong and I know that I would not have endured the pain and suffering she went through.

October .... special month.

Jeff
10-07-2013, 05:25 AM
Well said. There is nothing more manly than a guy in pink t-shirt for 'run for breast cancer' or 'volleying for breast cancer.' In fairness I've been on the lookout of 'run for prostate cancer' and have yet to see one.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/10/05/breast-cancer-receives-much-more-research-funding-publicity-than-prostate-cancer-despite-similar-number-of-victims/

WE have a run for prostate cancer coming in I think two weeks ( I posted it on my FB page if ya want the date) I happen to run into a guy a couple rides ago and he saw my patch and recognized me from Fb so he asked me to post it, another great cause and yes it will be another run I make

As for the pink T-shirt I didn't have one but I had a pink bra tied to my bike and a pink bandana tied to the back, there where guys there that dyed there beards pink ( a bit to much for me ) and many had pink t-shirts , breast cancer is a serious issue, we may make light by calling a run SAVE THE TA TA'S but it is taken very serious

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-07-2013, 08:40 AM
My sister was only 47 when she died from breast cancer that metastasized into her organs and bones. We found out she had cancer when she was 38. It was a brutal 10 years and most of you on here are familiar with my experiences with her long battle. She died just before Christmas last year. She was very brave and very strong and I know that I would not have endured the pain and suffering she went through.

October .... special month. I remember reading that Sassy and thought it must have been so very tough on the entire family. I have four sisters and the youngest is now 49. None have had any major medical problems thank God. --Tyr

aboutime
10-07-2013, 01:18 PM

Thanks Kathianne. Thanks to great medical breakthrough's over the last decade. Most Prostate cancer's have become far more preventable, and have a lower death rate. But, it still is scary whenever the 'C' word is about 'YOURSELF'.
As for a run. Since I have many in our family who have, or had been breast cancer patients. Like everyone else. I still believe Breast Cancer needs to get all the attention it can. For men, and women until those rates begin to fall drastically...and prove how effective the attention has been.
Personally. I wouldn't wish what being treated for any cancer is like on anyone.
You never tend to forget the effects of CHEMO, and the EIGHT WEEKS of daily Radiation treatments. Nor can you ever forget what all of that does to you...for the rest of your life.

Wish I was physically able to join in a RUN. Instead. I happily support, and am willing to Push for finding the CURE.

Jeff
10-07-2013, 03:31 PM
WE have a run for prostate cancer coming in I think two weeks ( I posted it on my FB page if ya want the date) I happen to run into a guy a couple rides ago and he saw my patch and recognized me from Fb so he asked me to post it, another great cause and yes it will be another run I make

As for the pink T-shirt I didn't have one but I had a pink bra tied to my bike and a pink bandana tied to the back, there where guys there that dyed there beards pink ( a bit to much for me ) and many had pink t-shirts , breast cancer is a serious issue, we may make light by calling a run SAVE THE TA TA'S but it is taken very serious

I made a mistake the next ride will be for Pancreatic cancer, it is in two weeks I know I have seen the one for Prostate cancer and am sure it will be this month but to be honest I will go to each and every one, My heart and prayers go out to anyone effected by this terrible disease .

SassyLady I am so sorry to hear this, yes Breast cancer is a terrible thing, my Aunt suffered from it almost exactly what you are talking about, she had the surgery when she was young ( not sure of ages I was young myself ) but she prayed that she would live long enough to see her kids grow up and when my youngest cousin turned 18 she was diagnosed with it back and then it took off and went into her bones , it was extremely painful but the entire time she was sick she held her head high, she was extremly thankful that God granted her wish to live to see her youngest grow to a adult and was a real inspiration for all of us . I am so sorry for your loss and pray God gives y'all the strength to get through the bad times and realize your sister as well as my Aunt and many others are in a much better place now .

Arbo
10-07-2013, 03:47 PM
All the hospitals I work at have some sort of run/walk/ride for breast cancer at least yearly. Being that mammo equipment is just one of the types I work on, and I am often in the mammo department at one location or another, I see that far too often people don't get the regular checks they should and end up in a bad spot... early detection is KEY to stopping this cancer.

Jeff
10-07-2013, 03:52 PM
All the hospitals I work at have some sort of run/walk/ride for breast cancer at least yearly. Being that mammo equipment is just one of the types I work on, and I am often in the mammo department at one location or another, I see that far too often people don't get the regular checks they should and end up in a bad spot... early detection is KEY to stopping this cancer.

The run we had this weekend was for free mammograms, for those that have no insurance and couldn't afford it because the health department would usually have a walk but they ended it last year so the bikers tried and pick up the slack and that is exactly what they where stressing was early detection is everything