PDA

View Full Version : Democratic complainers about the budget crisis

jimnyc
10-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Ok, both parties and all Americans can have a legitimate beef with the budget not being finished properly and things therefore not being funded properly. BUT - I see many Dems and their supporters running around this past week about the horror of it all and how the obstructionist Republicans are to blame for the end of the world.

#1 - The Democrats refuse to bend as well. We have 2 parties, and for the most part neither wants to bend. Why does one party then get the blame? And from where I'm sitting, ONLY the (R)'s have offered alternatives. But for the sake of the argument, let's say that neither will bend at all. Sounds like BOTH should then get some blame.

#2 - WHERE have all of these complainers been for the past 5 years? As far as I know, even when having both chambers at one point, the Dems haven't passed a budget since Obama has been in office. Isn't this somewhat important if a government wants to remain financially responsible? Spend spend spend spend spend spend - ignore the limits, spend away on paper and forget a budget - but cry bloody murder when someone stands in the way and says ENOUGH!

Kathianne
10-06-2013, 01:01 PM
I think one has to remember the differences between MSM spin on who's winning/losing. Both sides are taking hits, perhaps the president most of all:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

aboutime
10-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Ok, both parties and all Americans can have a legitimate beef with the budget not being finished properly and things therefore not being funded properly. BUT - I see many Dems and their supporters running around this past week about the horror of it all and how the obstructionist Republicans are to blame for the end of the world.

#1 - The Democrats refuse to bend as well. We have 2 parties, and for the most part neither wants to bend. Why does one party then get the blame? And from where I'm sitting, ONLY the (R)'s have offered alternatives. But for the sake of the argument, let's say that neither will bend at all. Sounds like BOTH should then get some blame.

#2 - WHERE have all of these complainers been for the past 5 years? As far as I know, even when having both chambers at one point, the Dems haven't passed a budget since Obama has been in office. Isn't this somewhat important if a government wants to remain financially responsible? Spend spend spend spend spend spend - ignore the limits, spend away on paper and forget a budget - but cry bloody murder when someone stands in the way and says ENOUGH!

Jim. What all of us should FIRST remember is. There has NOT BEEN an approved Federal Budget from Obama since he took office.
So. The AMERICAN people have every right to complain if...."They even care?"

DragonStryk72
10-06-2013, 03:30 PM

My thing is that from the Dems side, all we here are demands on what the Republicans have to do. There's not a point where they're acting as though there is anything to negotiate about.

If the Dems really want ACA to make it out of the gate, they need to approach the Republicans like it's an actual negotiation, and tell them to bring the things they want with them. Both sides put their desired budgetary points on a board, and work back and forth to come to an acceptable agreement, so that both sides have their victories. Like Obama gets the ACA, but the Republicans get, say, the overhaul of Social Security and harsher penalties against businesses that hire illegals, and maybe some gun rights stuff. This gives both sides things they can talk about in a positive manner, but no, they have to win. Actually, no, that's not really it, it's that they want to win at the expense of the Republicans.

aboutime
10-06-2013, 04:06 PM
My thing is that from the Dems side, all we here are demands on what the Republicans have to do. There's not a point where they're acting as though there is anything to negotiate about.

If the Dems really want ACA to make it out of the gate, they need to approach the Republicans like it's an actual negotiation, and tell them to bring the things they want with them. Both sides put their desired budgetary points on a board, and work back and forth to come to an acceptable agreement, so that both sides have their victories. Like Obama gets the ACA, but the Republicans get, say, the overhaul of Social Security and harsher penalties against businesses that hire illegals, and maybe some gun rights stuff. This gives both sides things they can talk about in a positive manner, but no, they have to win. Actually, no, that's not really it, it's that they want to win at the expense of the Republicans.

jim. As long as we have a Liar, and Phony who calls himself a President. And someone who has publicly announced HE WILL NOT NEGOTIATE, or even TALK with Republicans. We seem to have a wannabe FACIST who insists....
"WITHOUT QUESTION. EVERYTHING WILL BE HIS WAY, OR THE HIGHWAY".
<cite style="color: rgb(0, 128, 42); font-style: normal; font-size: 14px;">www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/)fascism</cite>‎
a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the ...

fj1200
10-07-2013, 06:56 AM
If the Dems really want ACA to make it out of the gate, they need to approach the Republicans like it's an actual negotiation, and tell them to bring the things they want with them.

That's where your logic breaks down IMO. The sides are not on equal footing and all the Dems need to do is pretty much play the waiting game.

Arbo
10-07-2013, 11:39 AM
That's where your logic breaks down IMO. The sides are not on equal footing and all the Dems need to do is pretty much play the waiting game.

This is true, but it's true because there are so many low information voters. They don't pay attention and see what is really going on.