PDA

View Full Version : weed

revelarts
10-07-2013, 05:27 PM
I was going through a few older threads and i realized that there's a subject that hasn't come up in quite some time.
"weed" that is "marijuana"

Since a certain person that will remain unnamed -coughTAFTcough- stopped posting here i don't think it's come up at all.

but i'm the 1st one to bring it up... so that doubly proves my real motives for all my political views.
FJ and Log too i think to have just been hiding their true weed motivated views as well.

I just have to say it one more time
weed

hjmick
10-07-2013, 05:34 PM
I like weed...

revelarts
10-07-2013, 05:37 PM
I like weed...

yeah well Taft knew that.
he could pick out people like you over the internet.

tailfins
10-07-2013, 05:45 PM

Why bother?

hjmick
10-07-2013, 05:57 PM

Taft didn't like weed? It's not like I talk about it much, I don't want people mistaking me for a Liberal...

aboutime
10-07-2013, 06:05 PM
I was going through a few older threads and i realized that there's a subject that hasn't come up in quite some time.

Since a certain person that will remain unnamed -coughTAFTcough- stopped posting here i don't think it's come up at all.

but i'm the 1st one to bring it up... so that doubly proves my real motives for all my political views.
FJ and Log too i think to have just been hiding their true weed motivated views as well.

weed

So, when would you like CRISPY CREME to deliver your 32 Dozen donuts?

Arbo
10-07-2013, 06:09 PM

weed

Oh, people talked about that at one point?

To me it goes back to the Constitution and liberty. Should be legal across the nation.

jimnyc
10-07-2013, 06:09 PM
A friend with weed is a friend indeed!

I partially wish my days of smoking weren't over. I don't miss cigarettes for a nanosecond, but getting high I enjoyed a lot. And that was the main issue, I enjoyed it a lot. No more so than someone who enjoyed having some beers here and there. A million studies later and they overwhelmingly point to cigarettes and alcohol being much worse for you than marijuana.

And I'd be wrong if I didn't add that those Krispy Kremes and Domino's pizzas taste SO much better when stoned!! :420:

revelarts
10-07-2013, 06:10 PM
AT, does saying weed give a person the muchies?

as i told Taft i don't partake never have. i don't smoke cigarettes either doesn't mean i want to make them illegally.

jimnyc
10-07-2013, 06:10 PM
So, when would you like CRISPY CREME to deliver your 32 Dozen donuts?

If Rev is ordering 32 dozen donuts, he must be stuffing the bong with like an ounce at a time! :coffee:

jimnyc
10-07-2013, 06:12 PM
does saying weed give a person the muchies?

as i told Taft i don't partake never have. i don't smoke cigarettes either doesn't mean i want to make them illegally.

It sure does. I would eat like a fat guy at a buffet when I was stoned, and have a bottomless pit most of the time. Never really gained weight from it though. This is one of the reasons they offer it to cancer patients on chemotherapy, as it helps calm down a bad stomach, and also helps the patient get an appetite.

aboutime
10-07-2013, 07:09 PM
AT, does saying weed give a person the muchies?

If you insist. I posed the question as a joke I thought everyone would get a good chuckle out of.

Try to smile, or laugh once in a while. It's more fun, and I hear smiling uses less muscles than frowning.

As for the munchies. Just read what the admitted users of weed have said.

logroller
10-07-2013, 07:28 PM

weed

I don't smoke weed but I do prefer personal freedom over government intervention. To some, that and liking donuts is sufficient grounds to assassinate ones character and argument as drug-addled; To others its characteristic of terrorist sympathy-- a strawman Ad hominem nonetheless.

Abbey Marie
10-07-2013, 07:38 PM
I don't smoke weed but I do prefer personal freedom over government intervention. To some, that and liking donuts is sufficient grounds to assassinate ones character and argument as drug-addled; To others its characteristic of terrorist sympathy-- a strawman Ad hominem nonetheless.

Hmm. I'm looking at your name in a new light. :laugh:

gabosaurus
10-07-2013, 08:13 PM
I have never smoked pot, but I do admit to a certain addiction to donuts (preferably hot ones).

I will restate my opinion on this: There is NO reason why pot shouldn't be legal. It's not anymore harmful that tobacco. It is NOT a "gateway drug" to anything other than excessive munchies. If pot is illegal, than all tobacco products should be made illegal.

fj1200
10-07-2013, 09:52 PM

Sorry, I would have started this thread earlier but I was confounded by all the potato chip crumbs that were wedged into my laptop keyboard as well as a lackadaisical attitude that prevented me from getting up from my couch in the basement. I'll try to do better... later... dude...

Taft didn't like weed? It's not like I talk about it much, I don't want people mistaking me for a Liberal...

Oh, you don't actually have to talk about weed, just express an interest in adhering to the Constitution. That outs you every time.

logroller
10-08-2013, 03:45 AM
Sorry, I would have started this thread earlier but I was confounded by all the potato chip crumbs that were wedged into my laptop keyboard as well as a lackadaisical attitude that prevented me from getting up from my couch in the basement. I'll try to do better... later... dude...

Oh, you don't actually have to talk about weed, just express an interest in adhering to the Constitution. That outs you every time.
You want to learn a cool optical illusion-- align your nose with the spacebar and while staring at the g & h lift the keyboard up and tilt you head back while holding the keyboard in place-- the g&h will switch places.

Jeff
10-08-2013, 07:00 AM
I have to agree with most on here , weed should be legal and think about it ( it has been a long time since I bought any so forgive the costs here I am sure they are way out dated ) but if the Government was to legalize Pot and have some fantastic Pot to sell people would happily pay extra for it, If a Half Oz was (still ) $20.00 ( been a while ) and they where putting good Quality pot up for sale they could sell it for $40.00 . See being here in GA and not partaking in the pot smoking deal but every now and then I have come to the conclusion that Pot down here is nothing like what I use to buy up north ( in fact I have had friends come down from up north and bring some with them and the pot heads down here that smoke it talk about it for the next couple of years , wanting to know when my buddy so and so might be coming back ) so between quality and just the fact that it would be legal it would sell like Hot cakes and the Gov. would make so much from taxing it it may actually help the economy .

We have now had our first Black president and I don't see people making that mistake for a while (NO I am not saying blacks are inferior or any other BS like that , just that this one failed so bad it will be a while before most will vote for another Black president) so on to another type and I am all for the first pot head in the WH :laugh:

jimnyc
10-08-2013, 08:30 AM
You want to learn a cool optical illusion-- align your nose with the spacebar and while staring at the g & h lift the keyboard up and tilt you head back while holding the keyboard in place-- the g&h will switch places.

Earlier this morning I read this post as a guest. I started to pick up my keyboard and move it closer to my nose, while looking at the g & h keys. Then I put my keyboard back down and said "fuck you, logroller"! LOL I don't trust you. Are you making me play games with my keyboard just for the hell of it? I'll wait till someone else claims it works before doing it.

Reminds me of this NSFW to an extent...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mGggpTIuPbQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hjmick
10-08-2013, 08:47 AM
So...

We all agree? Weed is now legal here at DP?

Jeff
10-08-2013, 08:49 AM
so...

We all agree? Weed is now legal here at dp?

yes

jimnyc
10-08-2013, 08:54 AM
So...

We all agree? Weed is now legal here at DP?

I don't know about the legality, but we surely won't prosecute. And hell, in reading some of the posts here, you just KNOW that some are hitting the pipe! :coffee:

fj1200
10-08-2013, 08:56 AM
I don't know about the legality, but we surely won't prosecute. And hell, in reading some of the posts here, you just KNOW that some are hitting the pipe! :coffee:

I don't know about the rest of the posters... I just love the Constitution. ;)

jimnyc
10-08-2013, 09:05 AM

Pipe hitter!! :420:

Not that there's anything wrong with that of course!

revelarts
10-08-2013, 09:12 AM

Good paper that Constitution

logroller
10-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Good paper that Constitution
http://www.ericfrancis.com/issues/0307/segami/DecSpliff.jpg

revelarts
10-08-2013, 10:53 AM
log, are you trying to say that the constitution only makes people feel better, it doesn't really do anything and is illegal?

or...what

logroller
10-08-2013, 12:50 PM
log, are you trying to say that the constitution only makes people feel better, it doesn't really do anything and is illegal?

or...what
I suppose what I meant was the constitution is too often just seen as a means to get high on whatever wacky stuff someone deems to be important. Not you necessarily, and not just weed either, just in general people revel in the constitution when it suits their fancy, while other times it just as well could be burned.

gabosaurus
10-08-2013, 12:51 PM
This reminds me of what a friend of my dad used to say -- "Back in our day, we loved the Constitution. Used to smoke a bit of it every day." :cool:

aboutime
10-08-2013, 02:10 PM
How comical. People actually coming to a forum to brag about the highlight of their life.

hjmick
10-08-2013, 03:31 PM
Who's bragging about "the highlight" of anything in this thread? I missed it...

aboutime
10-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Who's bragging about "the highlight" of anything in this thread? I missed it...

HJMICK. I beg your pardon. Forget the word highlight, and just use (PRIDE) PROUD.

Arbo
10-08-2013, 06:16 PM
HJMICK. I beg your pardon. Forget the word highlight, and just use (PRIDE) PROUD.

Do you think they should be ashamed?

KitchenKitten99
10-10-2013, 12:38 PM
I have never smoked pot, but I do admit to a certain addiction to donuts (preferably hot ones).

I will restate my opinion on this: There is NO reason why pot shouldn't be legal. It's not anymore harmful that tobacco. It is NOT a "gateway drug" to anything other than excessive munchies. If pot is illegal, than all tobacco products should be made illegal.

To say that it is not a gateway drug is not true for everyone. It all depends on your genetic make-up and prone to addiction, especially to things that hit that 'pleasure center' everyone has.

My 16yo step-son started smoking MJ a year and a half ago (from what we gathered). While my husband and his ex did what they thought would get him to stop, it didn't do any good. They thought that was all he was into. Until he left his facebook page logged in on MY tablet he had used without permission no less, and he had just gotten in trouble that morning when my husband went downstairs to see if he was ready to go to school (he was staying with us temporarily, another story/another day) and he was obviously high on something, but the effects were not typical of pot.

So being the parent that I am, I looked through his messages. Turns out he was not only selling Adderall and Oxycotin (both on and off school grounds, based on his messages and his phone texts -I was able to hack into his phone, bypassing the security code), but he was taking them. He had done other things as well, such as stealing cigarettes and e-cigarette juice refills from our cigar shop and selling them to his friends and trading them for Rx drugs. One of the messages said that MJ just wasn't doing it for him anymore.

It all started with pot.

Arbo
10-10-2013, 12:41 PM
To say that it is not a gateway drug is not true for everyone.

That some have a disposition to addition doesn't mean that it should be illegal.

KitchenKitten99
10-10-2013, 12:56 PM
That some have a disposition to addition doesn't mean that it should be illegal.

Did I mention anything about being legal/illegal?

I was pointing out Gabby's uneducated blanket statement was completely false.

My opinion still wavers on legalizing pot. How would it be controlled such as alcohol? How do you field-test for it in the event of driving under the influence? What kind of bureaucracy and other red-tape would need to be in-place? Not that other drugs aren't also responsible, but most of them are controlled and regulated heavily, especially Rx.

Marijuana users twice as likely to be in an accident:
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/story/health/story/2012-02-09/Marijuana-users-twice-as-likely-to-cause-car-crash/53031202/1

Other links:
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20051201/marijuana-raises-risk-of-fatal-car-crash

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/09/marijuana-nearly-doubles-risk-of-collisions/

two years ago:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20121368-10391704.html

Arbo
10-10-2013, 01:00 PM
I was pointing out Gabby's uneducated blanket statement was completely false.

Her statement was not false. NO drug is a 'gateway'... if someone becomes an 'addict' is conditional on that person and their genetics, not on what drug they 'start' with.

KitchenKitten99
10-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Her statement was not false. NO drug is a 'gateway'... if someone becomes an 'addict' is conditional on that person and their genetics, not on what drug they 'start' with.

Pot is a gateway drug for anyone with the potential to be addicted to anything. Many people have done it without being addicted, but many actually are without realizing it. I know two people now (my ex-BIL and my step-son), who cannot get themselves off of it, and while they have moved onto other drugs, they still smoke.

Pot is easier to get than any other drug and the effects are much less noticeable than the harder stuff.

aboutime
10-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Pot is a gateway drug for anyone with the potential to be addicted to anything. Many people have done it without being addicted, but many actually are without realizing it. I know two people now (my ex-BIL and my step-son), who cannot get themselves off of it, and while they have moved onto other drugs, they still smoke.

Pot is easier to get than any other drug and the effects are much less noticeable than the harder stuff.

KitchenKitten. Leave them alone. Just the way the have responded tells us exactly how effective the use of pot, or any other drug has been for most of them. And they wonder why we all laugh at them so much??
I hope they keep on using whatever drugs they want.
That will make it much easier for Our Grandchildren to survive as those who claim they ARE NOT hooked on drugs, slowly, but surely kill their brains, and their ability to survive as potted plants.

Arbo
10-10-2013, 03:56 PM
Pot is a gateway drug for anyone with the potential to be addicted to anything.

It is the people and their genetics, not pot. They could start by sniffing glue or any number of other things, it doesn't matter. A 'gateway' drug would be one that causes addition in and of itself. Pot is not such a drug.

Arbo
10-10-2013, 03:57 PM
KitchenKitten. Leave them alone. Just the way the have responded tells us exactly how effective the use of pot, or any other drug has been for most of them. And they wonder why we all laugh at them so much??
I hope they keep on using whatever drugs they want.
That will make it much easier for Our Grandchildren to survive as those who claim they ARE NOT hooked on drugs, slowly, but surely kill their brains, and their ability to survive as potted plants.

So rather than deal in scientific fact, what we have is someone that suggests those that disagree with false statements are drug users. How quaint, and how MORONIC.

jimnyc
10-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Oh my!

http://i0.wp.com/stuffstonerslike.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/fucking-awesome-purple-bud.jpeg

jimnyc
10-10-2013, 04:13 PM

I know quite a few from both sides. I have and have had a ton of friends who were able to smoke weed like it was beer, then put it down for a few years, then have fun for a night, then not again for months. In other words, they enjoyed it when they had an opportunity, but honestly couldn't care less if it was never smoked again. Smokers of opportunity!

Then you have people like myself, who are creatures of routine and have addictive personalities. I can get addicted to vegetables!! I can speak the benefits of marijuana, and how it's barely harmful to most - but for ME, it IS something that would be, and was, problematic. If you take another person like me, the odds of them becoming addicted to weed is high (no pun intended). But similar for even alcohol, and cigarettes. But yes, if someone has an addictive personality, they can become dependent on weed like another could on cigarettes or even bubble gum.

On the flip side, I still lean towards legalization, being that it's no more harmful than things like cigarettes or alcohol. I think people should still have the freedom to choose. My only desire would be for there to be a sure fire way to make sure people aren't driving while stoned, no differently than people shouldn't drive while drunk. On that one, we have a breathalyzer. I don't like the idea of police arresting as many as they can simply claiming they look stoned, I would like for there to be a developed way to prove they are actually high, like the breathalyzer.

It's a tough discussion and both sides have always made good points on the marijuana debate. But the trillions spent on criminalization over the years hasn't been effective in the slightest. Better off getting involved, learn more, educate people, make a better product, tax it & make money off of it.

revelarts
10-12-2013, 09:58 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/54vD_cPCQM8?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Hemp car in 1941,
Hemp fuel in a model T.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XyUrGjelbtI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
77 billion saved if drugs legalized?

revelarts
10-12-2013, 10:04 AM
http://www.globalhemp.com/wp-content/gallery/world-war-ii/08-producer-of-marihuana-tax-stamp.jpg

http://www.globalhemp.com/wp-content/gallery/world-war-ii/02-grow-hemp-for-the-war-poster.jpg
real WWII poster

fj1200
10-12-2013, 12:32 PM
^You should just stop trying to justify your toking desires right now ya' libbie pothead. :slap:

revelarts
10-12-2013, 03:03 PM
^You should just stop trying to justify your toking desires right now ya' libbie pothead. :slap:

is that the smoking POT calling the Kettle Black?

Plus you'd have to smoke a joint the size of a telephone pole to get high off of Hemp.

Arbo
10-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Plus you'd have to smoke a joint the size of a telephone pole to get high off of Hemp.

Sounds like a Cheech and Chong movie

revelarts
10-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Chech and Chong

How about Washington and Jefferson,
those liberal hippies -faux- libertarian, constitutionalists both Grew and sold acres of Hemp.
But there's no solid evidence that they ever SMOKED it themselves.
just goes to show you how BRILLIANT they were huh. had everyone fooled...

http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2012/11/busting-some-myths-about-the-founding-fathers-and-marijuana/

WiccanLiberal
10-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Blanket statements for or against marijuana are somewhat silly in my humble opinion. What I believe is that the substance has to be subjected to further legitimate study. More information on the positive and negative effects would be useful. I have recently heard a lot of anecdotal commentary about THC and the effects on specific diseases, not just symptomatic, but curative. I believe researchers need to have the freedom to adequately and scientifically test these claims.

Arbo
10-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Blanket statements for or against marijuana are somewhat silly in my humble opinion. What I believe is that the substance has to be subjected to further legitimate study. More information on the positive and negative effects would be useful. I have recently heard a lot of anecdotal commentary about THC and the effects on specific diseases, not just symptomatic, but curative. I believe researchers need to have the freedom to adequately and scientifically test these claims.

Further legitimate study? WTF for? It merely needs to be made legal so we quit wasting so much money on a bogus 'war on drugs' and quit locking up non violent offenders because they had some weed on them.

WiccanLiberal
10-12-2013, 04:31 PM
I repeat. Legitimate study. I see no merit in legalizing general use when we have little scientific information on effects. Decriminalizing the possession of personal use amounts makes sense. But I am of the mindset that more and more accurate information is to the benefit of everyone.

Arbo
10-12-2013, 06:06 PM
I see no merit in legalizing general use when we have little scientific information on effects. Decriminalizing the possession of personal use amounts makes sense.

It seems these two sentences are in disagreement with each other.

I don't give a rats ass what the effects are, nor do I think they need more 'study'. We are a nation based on individual liberty, and as such, pot should be legal. Period.

revelarts
10-12-2013, 06:28 PM
I repeat. Legitimate study. I see no merit in legalizing general use when we have little scientific information on effects. Decriminalizing the possession of personal use amounts makes sense. But I am of the mindset that more and more accurate information is to the benefit of everyone.

I get your concern. I've read that MJ might exacerbate schizophrenia. it's not quite known for sure yet i don't think.
and with any drugs or foods testing is great. but Since Billions of people have used it over the years legaly and ilegally i think it's been "tested" quite a bit and generally proven safe. Safer than alcohol and many other legal pharmaceuticals that have been tested FAR less. Some of those have been proven dangerous years after approval.

making it legal for personal use IMO has more benefits than potential risk for society overall.
There's no perfect world, so it seems in this case especially the pragmatic move is legalization.
And if the history i've read is correct the powers that were and be want hemp and MJ off the table for.... LESS THAN noble reasons anyway.

fj1200
10-12-2013, 07:35 PM

Don't be such a downer dude. :hitit: :420: :munch:

Decriminalizing the possession of personal use amounts makes sense.

... pot should be legal. Period.

I'm more on the decriminalize end right now than legalize but I admit I don't know the practical difference at this point.

KitchenKitten99
10-14-2013, 02:34 PM
It is the people and their genetics, not pot. They could start by sniffing glue or any number of other things, it doesn't matter. A 'gateway' drug would be one that causes addition in and of itself. Pot is not such a drug.

It's your lie, so you can tell it how you want, especially if you need to still convince yourself.

Arbo
10-14-2013, 02:47 PM
It's your lie, so you can tell it how you want, especially if you need to still convince yourself.

That's all you have in response? Call it a lie? Pretty f'n lame there lady. No, it's reality.

KitchenKitten99
10-14-2013, 03:11 PM
I know quite a few from both sides. I have and have had a ton of friends who were able to smoke weed like it was beer, then put it down for a few years, then have fun for a night, then not again for months. In other words, they enjoyed it when they had an opportunity, but honestly couldn't care less if it was never smoked again. Smokers of opportunity!

Then you have people like myself, who are creatures of routine and have addictive personalities. I can get addicted to vegetables!! I can speak the benefits of marijuana, and how it's barely harmful to most - but for ME, it IS something that would be, and was, problematic. If you take another person like me, the odds of them becoming addicted to weed is high (no pun intended). But similar for even alcohol, and cigarettes. But yes, if someone has an addictive personality, they can become dependent on weed like another could on cigarettes or even bubble gum.

On the flip side, I still lean towards legalization, being that it's no more harmful than things like cigarettes or alcohol. I think people should still have the freedom to choose. My only desire would be for there to be a sure fire way to make sure people aren't driving while stoned, no differently than people shouldn't drive while drunk. On that one, we have a breathalyzer. I don't like the idea of police arresting as many as they can simply claiming they look stoned, I would like for there to be a developed way to prove they are actually high, like the breathalyzer.

It's a tough discussion and both sides have always made good points on the marijuana debate. But the trillions spent on criminalization over the years hasn't been effective in the slightest. Better off getting involved, learn more, educate people, make a better product, tax it & make money off of it.

I agree with you 100%. I know both kinds of people as well. I believe pot gives those with addictive personalities to those kinds of things, their first feeling of what it is like to be high. Same with beer/alcohol. Most kids will try beer at some point in their childhood. Most do just because they think it makes them cool, not because they actually like the taste. Because their tolerance is 0, they get a buzz pretty easy. It is that feeling they get addicted to, not the beer itself. There is that same risk of being addicted to the effects, not the substance itself. I think pot is just as easy to get as beer. The difference is that one is legal and one is not.

And one thing no one has yet brought up is what are the carcinogenic dangers of smoking pot? Somehow tobacco is demonized (as a whole, not just one or two products), yet pot-smoking still burns plants and you still inhale (well, most do) the smoke into your lungs and is treated like it is the miracle-plant to smoke. The anti-tobacco community has trouble actually segregating the types of tobacco products that are more harmful, such as chemical-laden cigarettes vs 100% pure, chemical-free tobacco products such as fine cigars (not counting the gas-station crap-Backwoods, Swishers, White Owls- that try to pass themselves off as cigars) and pipe tobacco (which are tasted, not inhaled).

revelarts
10-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Research shows marijuana can be effectively used to treat multiple sclerosis

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/042498_marijuana_multiple_sclerosis_natural_treatm ent.html#ixzz2htGDP6Gu

http://www.naturalnews.com/042498_marijuana_multiple_sclerosis_natural_treatm ent.html

(NaturalNews) Israeli researchers have once again confirmed the healing potential of marijuana (cannabis), a natural, medicinal plant loaded with dozens of disease-fighting cannabinoids and other beneficial compounds. A recent announcement by American Friends of Tel Aviv University (AFTAU) explains the findings of a new study published in the Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology (JNP), which demonstrates the ability of marijuana to fight multiple sclerosis (MS) without triggering harmful side effects.

An inflammatory disease in which the immune system attacks the central nervous system, MS is a debilitating condition that in more extreme cases can lead to numbness of limbs, loss of vision and even paralysis. Some 2.5 million people worldwide are believed to be suffering from the condition, which has no known or admitted cause, and conventional medicine has thus far been unable to come up with an effective remedy or cure.

But Drs. Ewa Kozela, Ana Juknat, Neta Rimmerman and Zvi Vogel from Tel Aviv University's (TAU) Dr. Miriam and Sheldon G. Adelson Center for the Biology of Addictive Diseases and Sackler Faculty of Medicine may have uncovered a potential natural cure for MS: marijuana. Since marijuana contains natural anti-inflammatory compounds that support the body's built-in endocannabinoid system, it is a powerful tool in the fight against a whole host of chronic diseases, including MS.

According to an announcement issued by AFTAU, Dr. Vogel, who helped author the new study, was among the first to identify marijuana (http://www.naturalnews.com/marijuana.html) cannabinoids, for which there are some 70 different varieties. Among these cannabinoids is cannabidiol, or CBD, which is said to be the most plentiful and potent cannabinoid in marijuana. Cannabinoids in general have been extensively researched by independent scientists in recent years, because they offer incredible medicinal benefits without the "high" produced by tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC.

But in this case, Dr. Vogel and his team demonstrated that both CBD and THC are capable of effectively reprogramming damaged immune cells so that they do not attack the brain and spinal cord. After extracting immune cells from mice paralyzed with MS, the team administered CBD or THC, both of which were observed to restrain these immune cells from further producing the inflammatory molecules responsible for causing MS.

"The researchers took immune cells isolated from paralyzed mice that specifically target and harm the brain and spinal cord, and treated them with either CBD or THC," explains AFTAU. "They concluded that the presence of CBD or THC restrains the immune cells from triggering the production of inflammatory molecules and limits the molecules' ability to reach and damage the brain and spinal cord."

Marijuana CBD compounds normalize human physiology, reverse and cure disease This substantiates earlier research conducted by Dr. Vogel back in 2011, which found that CBD specifically can help prevent immune cells from attacking the myelin sheaths, or the protective covers, of nerve cells. Researchers at the time injected CBD directly into the paralyzed mice, which were observed to quickly regain healthy movement. These same mice eventually learned how to walk again without a limp.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/042498_marijuana_multiple_sclerosis_natural_treatm ent.html#ixzz2htFnEQir

revelarts
10-16-2013, 08:26 AM
wrong post...

fj1200
09-18-2021, 10:20 AM
I'm more on the decriminalize end right now than legalize but I admit I don't know the practical difference at this point.

Don't be hatin' on a necro post you puritanical natterers.

A recent trip had me going from a medical marijuana state (GA) to a legalized state (MI) and then to a Federally illegal but decriminalized district (DC). In Georgia I noticed no difference in how things used to be and how they are now based on medical marijuana. In Michigan, where I grew up, there are pot stores everywhere with advertisements galore and obviously smelling it while walking down some city streets. In DC I didn't notice pot at all or any more than I normally would I think.

So my question is does anyone who lives in a decriminalized state notice marijuana becoming more prevalent in every day life?

FWIW I haven't looked into any research about what decrimininalization vs legalization vs status quo has done societally.

Gunny
09-18-2021, 03:03 PM

A recent trip had me going from a medical marijuana state (GA) to a legalized state (MI) and then to a Federally illegal but decriminalized district (DC). In Georgia I noticed no difference in how things used to be and how they are now based on medical marijuana. In Michigan, where I grew up, there are pot stores everywhere with advertisements galore and obviously smelling it while walking down some city streets. In DC I didn't notice pot at all or any more than I normally would I think.

So my question is does anyone who lives in a decriminalized state notice marijuana becoming more prevalent in every day life?

FWIW I haven't looked into any research about what decrimininalization vs legalization vs status quo has done societally.This thread is funny :)

Abbey Marie
09-18-2021, 08:46 PM

FWIW I haven't looked into any research about what decrimininalization vs legalization vs status quo has done societally.

I always appreciate a good necro. Why not revisit the good ones?
(And I have certainly raised my share).

fj1200
09-19-2021, 11:00 AM
I always appreciate a good necro. Why not revisit the good ones?
(And I have certainly raised my share).

Exactly. And maybe even an old poster will get an email and they'll think to themselves, "Hey, I wonder..."

Gunny
09-19-2021, 11:16 AM

FWIW I haven't looked into any research about what decrimininalization vs legalization vs status quo has done societally.To answer your question, weed isn't legal here and hasn't been that I am aware of at any point during my lifetime. I understand the cowboys n indians of yore had their own habits :)

Nobody cares, as far as I can tell. Those that smoke it, smoke it and don't care about the law. Those who are supposed to enforce the law don't bother unless it is a convenient or additional charge. People got more important things to do.

On the other hand, don't get caught dealing in this state. It's frowned upon with more than a wrist slap.

Abbey Marie
09-19-2021, 05:15 PM
Exactly. And maybe even an old poster will get an email and they'll think to themselves, "Hey, I wonder..."

In many cases, that would be nice.

NT'sGirl
09-20-2021, 01:04 AM
A friend with weed is a friend indeed!

I partially wish my days of smoking weren't over. I don't miss cigarettes for a nanosecond, but getting high I enjoyed a lot. And that was the main issue, I enjoyed it a lot. No more so than someone who enjoyed having some beers here and there. A million studies later and they overwhelmingly point to cigarettes and alcohol being much worse for you than marijuana.

And I'd be wrong if I didn't add that those Krispy Kremes and Domino's pizzas taste SO much better when stoned!! :420:

Hey I know a guy if you need some lol

Gunny
09-20-2021, 11:48 AM
Hey I know a guy if you need some lolI can only imagine what weed costs in Alaska. I'm pretty sure it isn't native to the region :)

NT'sGirl
09-20-2021, 02:04 PM
I can only imagine what weed costs in Alaska. I'm pretty sure it isn't native to the region :)

It's not indigenous but it flows well.

Gunny
09-20-2021, 02:27 PM
It's not indigenous but it flows well.All you have to do is look at the news here in South Texas. All those illegal immigrants getting through? Guns and weed come in lots smaller packages.

Black Diamond
08-30-2022, 08:00 PM
The stuff you get in a dispensary doesn't have fentanyl in it.

tailfins
08-31-2022, 10:54 AM
The stuff you get in a dispensary doesn't have fentanyl in it.

Speaking of dispensaries, have you driven through Oklahoma lately. Even on the two lane blacktops, there are towns with a post office, a gas station and weed dispensary and that's about it.

jimnyc
09-05-2022, 08:41 AM

I've tried smoking the CBD on a recommendation and I thought it sucked, useless. I also did smoke a a good THC joint before that was the size of a telephone pole! LOL Guy just kept passing and passing. Reminds me of this, which is hilarious!!:

Snoop rules!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7aRWjVcE3s

Fully legal here in NY now and one can smoke anywhere a person smokes a cigarette. Except driving of course. No stores/dispensaries yet though, but hasn't appeared to slow sales. It's definitely more prevalent and you can smell it everywhere in NYC, but not as much so around my area.

Been also to other states where legal - Vegas, Seattle, Alaska - and also by me NJ and CT as well.

This thread is funny :)

I'm still thinking about that telephone pole joint, and how I would bogart that thing all to myself!

Hey I know a guy if you need some lol

No you do not!! Had I known that... :laugh::laugh:

I can only imagine what weed costs in Alaska. I'm pretty sure it isn't native to the region :)

Fu**ers want like $600 for an ounce and $300 a half, whereas in NY it's like $240-$300 tops for an ounce. I only know that as I accidentally walked into dispensaries in both places thinking it was a CVS. :laugh2:

--

An aside, not everyone is getting "high" and turning into crazed zombies who commit crimes. Some use it for their pain. Some use it for debilitating diseases. And even some others just use it as an anxiety reliever as opposed to chemicals from a doctor.

So I have heard anyway.

Gunny
09-05-2022, 05:55 PM
I've tried smoking the CBD on a recommendation and I thought it sucked, useless. I also did smoke a a good THC joint before that was the size of a telephone pole! LOL Guy just kept passing and passing. Reminds me of this, which is hilarious!!:

Snoop rules!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7aRWjVcE3s

Fully legal here in NY now and one can smoke anywhere a person smokes a cigarette. Except driving of course. No stores/dispensaries yet though, but hasn't appeared to slow sales. It's definitely more prevalent and you can smell it everywhere in NYC, but not as much so around my area.

Been also to other states where legal - Vegas, Seattle, Alaska - and also by me NJ and CT as well.

I'm still thinking about that telephone pole joint, and how I would bogart that thing all to myself!

No you do not!! Had I known that... :laugh::laugh:

Fu**ers want like $600 for an ounce and $300 a half, whereas in NY it's like $240-$300 tops for an ounce. I only know that as I accidentally walked into dispensaries in both places thinking it was a CVS. :laugh2:

--

An aside, not everyone is getting "high" and turning into crazed zombies who commit crimes. Some use it for their pain. Some use it for debilitating diseases. And even some others just use it as an anxiety reliever as opposed to chemicals from a doctor.

So I have heard anyway.You're a mess :laugh2: