PDA

View Full Version : Families Of Fallen Troops Denied Military Death Benefits Because Of Government Shutdo

Jeff
10-09-2013, 07:04 AM
This has got to be the worst thing to come from the shut down, I decided to post this here instead of the military thread because this should be # 1 in all our hearts , shutting down oceans and memorials is bad but this is outright disgusting , they say they will try to have it fixed and I pray they do .

Families of fallen troops are being denied military death benefits because of the government shutdown.
Over the weekend, the relatives of at least five U.S. military members received the heartbreaking news that their loved ones had died protecting their country while on duty in Afghanistan.
Within three days, the government was supposed to have fulfilled its promise to give $100,000 to these grieving families -- a "death gratuity" that is supposed to help cover funeral costs, as well as immediate living expenses until survivor benefits kick in. According to USA Today, the money is also supposed to cover family travel expenses so that they're able to meet their loved ones returning home for burial in flag-draped coffins (http://www.usatoday.com/story/nation/2013/10/08/shutdown-casualties-combat-benefits-unpaid-pentagon/2941809/) at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/08/shutdown-death-benefits_n_4064625.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-09-2013, 07:33 AM
This has got to be the worst thing to come from the shut down, I decided to post this here instead of the military thread because this should be # 1 in all our hearts , shutting down oceans and memorials is bad but this is outright disgusting , they say they will try to have it fixed and I pray they do .

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/08/shutdown-death-benefits_n_4064625.html They do not get death benefits due them but Obama sits there in royal luxury enjoying his multi-million dollar life on our damn dime! The dems /Obama did this so that they could be able to say in campaign adds remember back when Republicans denied death benefits to the families of our fallen soldiers. Get it fixed within 48 hours or impeach the worthless traitorous son of a bitch! WHEN WILL AMERICA FINALLY MARCH ON WASHINGTON WITH THE NECESSARY EQUIPMENT TO MEAN BUSINESS!?? To run that bastard out of town.... --Tyr

aboutime
10-11-2013, 04:49 PM
The really sad aspect of all of this is. It took Obama, and the SECDEF more than a week to do anything about correcting it.

I do hope, and pray. ALL VETERANS, active, reserve, and retired REMEMBER.... how Obama and the Democrats tried to blame OBAMA-STUPIDITY, and OBAMA-IGNORANCE on Republicans when ELECTION DAY arrives.

I know. I won't be forgetting. And those World War II veterans who are still alive in 2014 for the election. WILL MAKE THEIR VOICES HEARD....LOUD AND CLEAR!

SassyLady
10-12-2013, 10:36 PM
My ex was the CAO for one of the soldiers in his unit and I can't imagine how hard his job would have been if we were under these same conditions. It is totally irresponsible for this administration to use our military and their families (whether active or retired) as pawns in their pissing contests.