PDA

View Full Version : How do you negotiate with a President who cannot be trusted?

Jeff
10-13-2013, 06:32 AM
I think this about sums things up, how do you negotiate with a liar, Obama finds it hard to tell the truth from his Americans must tighten there belts ( that statement made the night him and his cronies ate $100 a plate steaks ) to Obamacare being affordable for those that can't get insurance . If you are dealing with someone that finds it so easy to lie you must take each item you discuss and realize he is lying about it, man what a job that is.

WASHINGTON, October 10, 2013 — President Obama’s dishonesty is a huge barrier to resolving the stalemate in Washington.

How do you work with someone who weaves circles of deception around the truth, adding layer after layer after layer, much like Russian nesting dolls?
SEE RELATED: Obamacare has become the Un-Affordable Care Act (http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/ernest-istook-knowing-inside/2013/oct/4/obamacare-has-become-un-affordable-care-act/)
Obama wants to borrow more because he wants to spend more. His official budget in April proposed $160-billion in new spending this year alone, but he is being quiet about that for now. He refuses to negotiate, knowing that one demand would be that he wouldn’t get any part of that $160-billio

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/ernest-istook-knowing-inside/2013/oct/10/how-do-you-negotiate-president-who-cannot-be-trust/#ixzz2hQuOtrYY

DragonStryk72
10-13-2013, 02:19 PM
I think this about sums things up, how do you negotiate with a liar, Obama finds it hard to tell the truth from his Americans must tighten there belts ( that statement made the night him and his cronies ate $100 a plate steaks ) to Obamacare being affordable for those that can't get insurance . If you are dealing with someone that finds it so easy to lie you must take each item you discuss and realize he is lying about it, man what a job that is.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/ernest-istook-knowing-inside/2013/oct/10/how-do-you-negotiate-president-who-cannot-be-trust/#ixzz2hQuOtrYY

Well, he also doesn't negotiate at all. I mean, seriously his whole attitude in this has been like this:

"Give me $50!"
"Um, excuse me?"
"I said give me $50!"
"Uh...no?"
"You're a greedy asshole! Give me $50!"

Then you have the fact that he's promised to talk later before, and yeah he talks, but nothing changes at all, it's just a ruse to get something passed. Problem is, he's been pulling it since 2008, so the Republicans aren't buying it.

Look at his posturing during all of this: He continues to try and paint the Republicans as hostage-takers and extremists, rejecting every offer that comes down the pike. I mean, even if they were hostage takers, there are these things called "hostage negotiators" that exist at every level of law enforcement. They exist precisely to negotiate with those who have taken hostages, and try to end the standoff without bloodshed wherever possible.

Maybe if he would stop treating the Republicans as the enemy, we could see something happen.

aboutime
10-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Obama has made it perfectly, and unquestionably clear. He will not Negotiate. Period.