PDA

View Full Version : What a beautiful weekend

Jeff
10-14-2013, 06:51 AM
Saturday we went on a run for two little twin girls that where born at 25 weeks and are in the Nic Unit in Atlanta , we had a small turn out ( about 40 bikes ) but we raised $4000.00 to help the family with travel expense at least, a good time had by all and even Mom and dad where there and looked so happy to see people care , it was a beautiful ride through the country and the higher we got the more the leaves seem to of changed , so it was really a pretty ride.

Sunday we got up early and met another couple at our church then drove down to Dahlonega ( about a half hour away ) to another church that was having Biker Sunday that day, what a beautiful set up, it is two old chicken houses that have been converted , one into a church painted all black and orange ( Harley color's ) and the other was made into a meeting room and a kitchen ( again painted all orange and black) they served up all kinds of good food , and in the front of this one they have like a covered car port that was made into a shop to work on bikes, heck it even has a lift, then on top of the hill was a stage and swing set/ jungle gym for the kids to play on, this chapter really has it going on

They where expecting over 200 bikes to show but I think they may have gotten 150 or so, but it was a great time had by all and it is so nice to see one main patch on everyone's back and then look and see other patches without one problem and of course the fact that once we ate we went out into the mountains for a ride ( yes the church I go to is called God's little church in the Mountains) and the entire area is the Mountains so we had some beautiful riding area's .

We stopped at a bike shop in Helen GA and got real bad news, our Preacher from our church sent me and another couple to represent at the other church but meanwhile he had been to the VA for testing and was waiting for the results to be mailed to him, well Friday a couple Doctors showed up at his house and my buddy told me things weren't good ( he was there when the Docs came )and then we heard the preacher announced yesterday ( while we where at another church ) that they gave him 6 months to live . all due to Agent Orange, yes this man spent his time in Nam and now after all these years will pay the ultimate price for fighting for his country , needless to say as we where told this there where many tears and we immediately called the preacher who told us he had us just where he wanted us and was making jokes( man what a great guy with news like this 2 days ago he finds time to cut up ) but honestly I don't know what I will do , I am to see him later today and don't know how to approach him, I have learned to love this guy so much and to know this is hanging over him is terrible , but I also know he knows he is going to paradise ( still doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye to loved ones even if only for a short bit )Pastor John hasn't rode his bike in like 6 weeks ( due to his health going down hill so quick ) but he is suppose to go back to the dentist today and told us he may take the bike,I am sure during this 6 months his health will deteriorate and that is why he wants to ride and I will ride along side him until he has had enough and if he wishes I will be there tomorrow and any other day he wishes to ride to be at his side. You know the Christian religion can be funny , I have been in many churches where people I had just met before the service tell me goodbye and they love me, well I never understood that until I started going to this church, yes I am one of those people that the church has filled my heart with so much love I now understand ( I still don't know that I love someone after just meeting them, although we had a revival last Wednesday and with one of the younger pastors that came up yes I felt love for this man after talking to him for a minute, we spoke of my Mom and his Grandfather ( both have passed and we both still have it laying hard on us ) but we connected in so many other ways and yes when I left him I hugged him told him I love him and meant it .This whole thing with pastor John is really troubling me and I pray God will help with some answers but I have vented long enough to y'all, But in closing I ask all who are religous to say a prayer for Pastor John ( one of the good ones , he is very old school and in being so he has taught many like myself what being a Christian is ) I hope y'all ha

Jeff

fj1200
10-14-2013, 08:48 AM
I'm happy the bad didn't keep you from enjoying the good. I had my own mountain ride yesterday with a couple of buddies. Good times.

jimnyc
10-14-2013, 09:17 AM
What a bummer, hard to reply to. I would like to say I'm glad to hear you had a great weekend, but hard to do so with the news. At least it's bringing many together, and families, all for a good reason.

Kathianne
10-14-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm happy the bad didn't keep you from enjoying the good. I had my own mountain ride yesterday with a couple of buddies. Good times.

Funny thing, without the 'bad,' most people don't fully recognize the 'good.'