PDA

View Full Version : Moore fears film seizure after Cuba trip

stephanie
06-11-2007, 06:45 PM
:lmao::cuckoo:

By Michelle Nichols
2 hours, 43 minutes ago

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Filmmaker Michael Moore has stashed a copy of his latest documentary in Canada because he fears the U.S. government will try to confiscate it after part of it was filmed during an unauthorized trip to Cuba.

The U.S. Treasury Department is investigating Moore's trip to communist Cuba in March to film part of his documentary, "SiCKO," which takes a swipe at the U.S. health-care system and is due to be released in U.S. theaters on June 29.

U.S. citizens are generally barred from going to Cuba, unless approved by the government under a broad trade embargo imposed since 1962. But Moore says he has not broken any laws because he traveled to Cuba for a "journalistic endeavor."

"We brought back 15 minutes of the movie and we're concerned about any possible confiscation efforts," Moore told a news conference in New York.

"We took measures a few weeks ago to place a master copy of this film in Canada so if they did take our negative we would have a duplicate negative of this film in Canada."

Moore -- whose 2004 anti-Bush film "Fahrenheit 9/11" ranks as the most successful U.S. documentary -- and lawyer David Boies accused President George W. Bush's administration of discriminating against the controversial filmmaker.

Molly Millerwise, spokeswoman for the Treasury Department, declined to comment, saying in an e-mail that the department does not confirm or deny the existence of investigations.

Moore traveled to Cuba with three volunteers who worked in the ruins of New York's World Trade Center after the September 11, 2001, attacks. He said the volunteers were now suffering health problems after working at Ground Zero and struggling to get appropriate treatment under the U.S. health-care system.

Moore said that he took them by boat to the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, where Washington is holding foreign terrorism suspects, to see if they could get the same free health coverage as the detainees.

After they were refused, he said they decided to see what kind of health care they could get in Cuba.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070611/us_nm/moore_dc

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 06:47 PM

By Michelle Nichols
2 hours, 43 minutes ago

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Filmmaker Michael Moore has stashed a copy of his latest documentary in Canada because he fears the U.S. government will try to confiscate it after part of it was filmed during an unauthorized trip to Cuba.

The U.S. Treasury Department is investigating Moore's trip to communist Cuba in March to film part of his documentary, "SiCKO," which takes a swipe at the U.S. health-care system and is due to be released in U.S. theaters on June 29.

U.S. citizens are generally barred from going to Cuba, unless approved by the government under a broad trade embargo imposed since 1962. But Moore says he has not broken any laws because he traveled to Cuba for a "journalistic endeavor."

"We brought back 15 minutes of the movie and we're concerned about any possible confiscation efforts," Moore told a news conference in New York.

"We took measures a few weeks ago to place a master copy of this film in Canada so if they did take our negative we would have a duplicate negative of this film in Canada."

Moore -- whose 2004 anti-Bush film "Fahrenheit 9/11" ranks as the most successful U.S. documentary -- and lawyer David Boies accused President George W. Bush's administration of discriminating against the controversial filmmaker.

Molly Millerwise, spokeswoman for the Treasury Department, declined to comment, saying in an e-mail that the department does not confirm or deny the existence of investigations.

Moore traveled to Cuba with three volunteers who worked in the ruins of New York's World Trade Center after the September 11, 2001, attacks. He said the volunteers were now suffering health problems after working at Ground Zero and struggling to get appropriate treatment under the U.S. health-care system.

Moore said that he took them by boat to the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, where Washington is holding foreign terrorism suspects, to see if they could get the same free health coverage as the detainees.

After they were refused, he said they decided to see what kind of health care they could get in Cuba.

That fat SOB needs to be brought up on charges. To bad the Cubans didn't take him hostage :(

stephanie
06-11-2007, 06:53 PM
That fat SOB needs to be brought up on charges. To bad the Cubans didn't take him hostage :(

He's just seeking attention, because this stupid film is NOT being accepted like his Bush bashing mockumentary...

If he thinks Cuba is so great......why doesn't he move there..
The guy is a joke..

glockmail
06-11-2007, 06:58 PM
....Filmmaker Michael Moore has stashed a copy of his latest documentary in Canada because he fears the U.S. government will try to confiscate it after part of it was filmed during an unauthorized trip to Cuba. ..... No chance, Mike. We sane people would much rather have you expose yourself to the world yet again, so they can see for themselves what an ugly fat fool you are. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 07:01 PM
He's just seeking attention, because this stupid film is NOT being accepted like his Bush bashing mockumentary...

If he thinks Cuba is so great......why doesn't he move their..
The guy is a joke..

That's all he ever does, creates media attention. I watched Bowling for Columbine and I have Farenheit 9/11 but haven't watched it. Those only became popular because he had backing by the Democratic Party.

Yurt
06-11-2007, 07:07 PM
No chance, Mike. We sane people would much rather have you expose yourself to the world yet again, so they can see for themselves what an ugly fat fool you are. :laugh2:

*1 thousand and twenty-three hail marys no*

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 07:11 PM
*1 thousand and twenty-three hail marys no*

I think if Mike exposed himself Rosie might get all hot and bothered :laugh2:

glockmail
06-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I think if Mike exposed himself Rosie might get all hot and bothered :laugh2: Dude- Rosie's a lesbo.:poke:

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Dude- Rosie's a lesbo.:poke:

I know, look at the size of Mike's tits, you honestly think that is a guy? :laugh2:

glockmail
06-11-2007, 07:19 PM
I know, look at the size of Mike's tits, you honestly think that is a guy? :laugh2: I can see you're point: man boobs on that 300+ pounder, gut hanging so low Little Mike is hiding....
:puke:

Abbey Marie
06-11-2007, 07:43 PM

If he thinks Cuba is so great......why doesn't he move there..
The guy is a joke..

Not enough food.

stephanie
06-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I can see you're point: man boobs on that 300+ pounder, gut hanging so low Little Mike is hiding....
:puke:

Awww geeeezzzzzz..
Now you made me have to post this!:coffee:
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/MichaelMoore.jpg

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Awww geeeezzzzzz..

That's what Rosie's and Mikey's kid would look like, imagine them procreating it would be like two beached whales mating :(

Yurt
06-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Awww geeeezzzzzz..

Please refrain from posting pics of Rosie.... :laugh2:

06-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Dude- Rosie's a lesbo.:poke:

i think thats his point;)

06-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Seriously, i dont know why anyone would think the government really wants to do anything with his movie. No one wants anything to do with it. No one will. i ought to sue him for spoiling my birthday with crap like that.

Gunny
06-11-2007, 10:25 PM

By Michelle Nichols
2 hours, 43 minutes ago

Why does he think anyone would want to watch one of HIS films?:laugh2:

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Why does he think anyone would want to watch one of HIS films?:laugh2:

Because he is a Liberal and we all know they a dilusional.

Abbey Marie
06-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Awww geeeezzzzzz..

Lord, Stephanie. I actually feel like vomiting. :puke:

nevadamedic
06-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Lord, Stephanie. I actually feel like vomiting. :puke:

Makes you wonder what she's doing with pics like that :)

glockmail
06-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Why does he think anyone would want to watch one of HIS films?:laugh2: It's a rite of passage for The Church of Liberalism.

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 11:23 AM
:popcorn:

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2007, 12:54 PM

Charges of what?

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2007, 12:57 PM
That's all he ever does, creates media attention. I watched Bowling for Columbine and I have Farenheit 9/11 but haven't watched it. Those only became popular because he had backing by the Democratic Party.

All this time I was under the impression that his movies became popular because of good marketing campaigns and interested viewers. Never knew the *gasp* :tinfoil: "Democratic Party" was behind it all. :rolleyes:

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Charges of what?

Treason.

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Treason.

What? That's a tad over the top. Why?

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 01:07 PM
All this time I was under the impression that his movies became popular because of good marketing campaigns and interested viewers. Never knew the *gasp* :tinfoil: "Democratic Party" was behind it all. :rolleyes:

The Democratic party is behind everything that is wrong with society today.

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Maybe we can fix Steph up with Mikey Moore :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2007, 01:08 PM
The Democratic party is behind everything that is wrong with society today.

:tinfoil: uh-huh. go off your meds today did you?

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 01:10 PM
:tinfoil: uh-huh. go off your meds today did you?

Your just young and have been misled.

Hagbard Celine
06-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Your just young and have been misled.

Uh-huh. Any more wisdom to impart on me pops?

nevadamedic
06-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Uh-huh. Any more wisdom to impart on me pops?

Yea dont vote Democrat in 08