PDA

View Full Version : Islam strictly forbids terrorism, says Grand Mufti in Hajj sermon

jafar00
10-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Like all the other condemnations of terrorism by Islamic leaders and countless sermons about how it is wrong and a violation of Islam, this one seems to have been totally ignore by mainstream press.

Is it any wonder some of you are asking why Muslims aren't condemning terrorism? You just can't hear us!

MOUNT ARAFAT: Saudi Arabia’s top religious figure urged Muslims on Monday to avoid divisions, chaos and sectarianism, without explicitly speaking of the turmoil unleashed by the Arab Spring.
Hell is the final abode for those who spill the blood of an innocent human, said Sheikh Abdulaziz al-Sheikh, the Grand Mufti of the Ka'aba.
“Islam does not allow terrorism at any cost. Islam condemns all violence and terrorism plaguing the world today. Muslims should demonstrate a love for peace and unity,” he said.
The Grand Mufti recalled the Islamic prohibition of killing and aggression, while insisting there is “no salvation or happiness for the Muslim nation without adhering to the teachings of the religion.”
The top cleric also urged Muslims to avoid divisions, chaos and sectarianism.
“Your nation is a trust with you. You must safeguard its security, stability and resources,” he said in his address to the Muslim world. “You should know that you are targeted by your enemy... who wants to spread chaos among you ... It's time to confront this.”
Officials said around 1.5 million pilgrims descended on the site, where they offered prayers and listen to the annual sermon from the Saudi top cleric.
Helicopters hovered overhead and thousands of troops stood guard to organise roads flooded by men, women and children streaming towards Mount Arafat.
The top cleric said Muslims throughout the world were going through a difficult time, and stressed that the global economic crisis could be controlled if the Islamic economic system was adopted. “Muslims should support the community by investing in their businesses,” he urged.
Chanting “Labaik Allahuma Labaik” (I am responding to your call, God), many of them camped in small colourful tents and took shelter under trees to escape temperatures of around 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit). Special sprinklers were also helping cool the pilgrims.
The pilgrims were arriving at Arafat from nearby Mina where most of them spent the night following the traditions of the Holy Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) who performed the rituals 14 centuries ago.
They had moved to Mina on Sunday from the holy city of Mecca, home to the Grand Mosque, Islam’s holiest place of worship which houses the Ka’aba towards which all Muslims pray daily five times.
On reaching Arafat, they crowded onto the hill and the vast plain surrounding it to pray until sunset, when they are due to set off for nearby Muzdalifah.
“I will pray the whole day for God to improve the situation for Muslims worldwide and an end to disputes and bloodshed in Arab countries,” 61-year-old Algerian pensioner Saeed Dherari said.
Sitting at the side of an Arafat road, Syrian Ahmad al-Khader prayed for oppressed Syrians to be victorious. “I hope that God will grace all Muslims with security and stability,” said 75-year-old Khader who hails from the southern province of Daraa.
“The regime is tyrannical and I pray for God to help the oppressed people,” he said.
Egyptian Ahmad Ali, who performed Haj for the first time, prayed for peace in his country, where hundreds were killed in recent months in fighting between security forces and Islamist supporters of ousted president Mohamed Morsi.
In Muzdalifa, pilgrims will spend the night before moving on in the morning to start the ritual of symbolically stoning the devil.
The hajj, which officially ends on Friday, is one of the five pillars of Islam that every capable Muslim must perform at least once.
Numbers sharply down
Numbers are sharply down from last year, due to fears linked to the (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) MERS virus and to multi-billion-dollar expansion work at the Grand Mosque to almost double its capacity to around 2.2 million worshippers.
Governor of Mecca province and head of the central hajj committee Prince Khaled al-Faisal said 1.38 million pilgrims had arrived from outside of the kingdom while only 117,000 hajj permits were issued for domestic pilgrims.
This puts the number of pilgrims this year at almost 1.5 million, less than half of last year’s 3.2 million after Riyadh slashed hajj quotas.
Prince Khaled told the official SPA news agency late Sunday that authorities had turned back 70,000 nationals and expatriates for not carrying legal permits and had arrested 38,000 others for performing the hajj without a permit.
Authorities had also seized as many as 138,000 vehicles for violating the hajj rules and its owners will be penalised, the prince said.
Saudi health authorities have stressed that no cases of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) virus has been detected so far this pilgrimage. The disease has killed 60 people worldwide, 51 of them in Saudi Arabia itself.

http://dawn.com/news/1049700/islam-strictly-forbids-terrorism-says-grand-mufti-in-hajj-sermon

fj1200
10-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Is it any wonder some of you are asking why Muslims aren't condemning terrorism? You just can't hear us!

I'm a little less concerned about the West hearing you than those committing the acts.

jafar00
10-15-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm a little less concerned about the West hearing you than those committing the acts.

Google it and a lot of the links point to Pakistani sites which is where people like the Taliban are. I hope they hear it too but I don't hold much hope of them obeying since they are not following Islam anyway.

Kathianne
10-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Am I the only one who has a problem with no space between paragraphs? I can't bother to read, brings on migraines.

jafar00
10-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Am I the only one who has a problem with no space between paragraphs? I can't bother to read, brings on migraines.

Sorry about that. I can't edit it any more.

revelarts
10-16-2013, 05:34 AM
Jafar, what was the general response to his message?

Did/do many other leaders support it, condemn it or is it mainly ignored as a ho hum sermon or what?

What about the rank and file. Is he in sink with most people or is e going against the general sentiment you think?
the "throw rocks at Satan" at that festival is America still considered big Satan and Israel little Satan by many... unofficially of course, ?

Many Saudis are running over to Syria for "jihad" against ...as you called it i think.. the Muslim Cult of Assad. Is that different from "terrorism"?

"...Sitting at the side of an Arafat road, Syrian Ahmad al-Khader prayed for oppressed Syrians to be victorious.
“I hope that God will grace all Muslims with security and stability,” said 75-year-old Khader who hails from the southern province of Daraa.“The regime is tyrannical and I pray for God to help the oppressed people,” he said...."

I'm honestly very glad to see the leader making the statement you've posted. I hope it's trend. But my optimism is cautious.
as you know i think the War on terror is mostly BS. but i Too many muslims seems to believe that violence is the way they should handle religious rivals and infidels. A lot of attacks in 3rd world countires are fueled by this idea. the north and south in Nigeria is an example of Muslims committing crimes in the name of ALLAH. the north is mostly Muslim the south mostly Christian. in india Muslims often attack other faiths, in Egypt during the uprising Muslims burned Churches, in Syria, the same and elsewhere. Not to mention the violent treatment of those adherents of Islam for their so called offense. I'd call all of these religiously motivated crimes, and often terrorist acts. the Grand Mufti's words are good, but there seems to be a PATTERN of religiously incited violence crimes in the Muslim community. His message, and others like his, does not seem to influence an unknown percentage of the Islamic community.

Again I hope messages like his Increase throughout the Muslim world an the idea of peace is accepted more universally.
My real Hope is that more will accept Jesus as the Prince of Peace spoken of in Issiah 9:

5 Every warrior’s boot used in battle
and every garment rolled in blood
will be destined for burning, will be fuel for the fire.
6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.

jafar00
10-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Jafar, what was the general response to his message?

Well, we have heard it all before but it was well received and because of who gave the sermon, it was more widely heard.

Did/do many other leaders support it, condemn it or is it mainly ignored as a ho hum sermon or what?

Who in their right mind would reject it? I'm sure someone on this forum will find some shabby, smelly Al Shabab idiot who rejects it, mentioned on some blog though ;)

What about the rank and file. Is he in sink with most people or is e going against the general sentiment you think?
the "throw rocks at Satan" at that festival is America still considered big Satan and Israel little Satan by many... unofficially of course, ?

Everybody I know nodded in agreement. As for the throw rocks at satan bit, it is what it is. If anyone pictured America or Israel instead of satan, they are doing it all wrong. The ritual is supposed to strengthen your resolve to reject satan. It represents when the Prophet Abraham was confronted by satan and the Angel Gabriel instructed him to throw stones at satan to get rid of him.

Many Saudis are running over to Syria for "jihad" against ...as you called it i think.. the Muslim Cult of Assad. Is that different from "terrorism"?

"...Sitting at the side of an Arafat road, Syrian Ahmad al-Khader prayed for oppressed Syrians to be victorious.
“I hope that God will grace all Muslims with security and stability,” said 75-year-old Khader who hails from the southern province of Daraa.“The regime is tyrannical and I pray for God to help the oppressed people,” he said...."

There are probably a few heading over to Syria, but their reasons for it could be many. Who they fight with is also of concern. If they join the FSA, all good but if they join groups like AL Nusra who are just as brutal as Assad, I fear for their souls.

I'm honestly very glad to see the leader making the statement you've posted. I hope it's trend. But my optimism is cautious.
as you know i think the War on terror is mostly BS. but i Too many muslims seems to believe that violence is the way they should handle religious rivals and infidels. A lot of attacks in 3rd world countires are fueled by this idea. the north and south in Nigeria is an example of Muslims committing crimes in the name of ALLAH. the north is mostly Muslim the south mostly Christian.

The violence is both ways in Nigeria. Not in my name I say.

in india Muslims often attack other faiths, in Egypt during the uprising Muslims burned Churches,

India has some political problems. Often over Pakistan. That was not a very clean split. Those who attacked Churches in Egypt were thugs. Many Muslims protected or tried to protect the Churches during the uprising too you must remember.

Perhaps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achtiname_of_Muhammad needs to be a reminder of how Christians should be treated?

in Syria, the same and elsewhere. Not to mention the violent treatment of those adherents of Islam for their so called offense. I'd call all of these religiously motivated crimes, and often terrorist acts. the Grand Mufti's words are good, but there seems to be a PATTERN of religiously incited violence crimes in the Muslim community. His message, and others like his, does not seem to influence an unknown percentage of the Islamic community.

Ignorance and politics are making some blind to their religious obligations. And there are some evil people who pray upon the ignorant and lead them further astray. As Malala Yousafzai rightly said, education is the key to wiping out tyranny and oppression in the world. Educated people are not so easily conquered.

Again I hope messages like his Increase throughout the Muslim world an the idea of peace is accepted more universally.
My real Hope is that more will accept Jesus as the Prince of Peace spoken of in Issiah 9:

We already love the Prophet Jesus who is one of God's most messengers :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Well, we have heard it all before but it was well received and because of who gave the sermon, it was more widely heard.

Who in their right mind would reject it? I'm sure someone on this forum will find some shabby, smelly Al Shabab idiot who rejects it, mentioned on some blog though ;)

Everybody I know nodded in agreement. As for the throw rocks at satan bit, it is what it is. If anyone pictured America or Israel instead of satan, they are doing it all wrong. The ritual is supposed to strengthen your resolve to reject satan. It represents when the Prophet Abraham was confronted by satan and the Angel Gabriel instructed him to throw stones at satan to get rid of him.

There are probably a few heading over to Syria, but their reasons for it could be many. Who they fight with is also of concern. If they join the FSA, all good but if they join groups like AL Nusra who are just as brutal as Assad, I fear for their souls.

India has some political problems. Often over Pakistan. That was not a very clean split. Those who attacked Churches in Egypt were thugs. Many Muslims protected or tried to protect the Churches during the uprising too you must remember.

Perhaps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achtiname_of_Muhammad needs to be a reminder of how Christians should be treated?

Ignorance and politics are making some blind to their religious obligations. And there are some evil people who pray upon the ignorant and lead them further astray. As Malala Yousafzai rightly said, education is the key to wiping out tyranny and oppression in the world. Educated people are not so easily conquered.

We already love the Prophet Jesus who is one of God's most messengers :) Your problem is the majority of muslims do not practice that. And no I didn't say the majority are actively engaging in those activities but that too many do with the silent consent and often loud approval of the majority. I will not bother again to list how the majority of muslims support Jihad in all its forms because you'll reject and deny that fact. Yet there has been no campaign by Islam to in any way stop its Jihadists when they by any means possible murder infidels simply for not believing in Allah. You know what I just presented is true yet your religion demands that you deny it all. Very sad for you I am . I am a man that does not allow anything to force me to adhere to a total lying philosophy and/or religion and certainly not to one that commands it's followers to murder to advance it!!!!!! Islam murdered hundreds of millions to spread it's tentacles. A Fact -Tyr

revelarts
10-18-2013, 06:24 AM
(that great news)

Who in their right mind would reject it?
(all of the "thugish", "idiot", "deceived" "uneducated" Muslims and their teachers.)
I'm sure someone on this forum will find some shabby, smelly Al Shabab idiot who rejects it, mentioned on some blog though ;)

Is the Blind Sheik a shabby smelly idiot, a quite a few of Muslims seem to think he's a good person.

mmm OK, just wish my country wasn't called satan, or Israel, do Muslims call any horrible Muslim countries satan?

I'm sure there reasons are many, ONE reason is JIHAD, and overthorowning the cult and making the Country follow Shria law instead the more open and tolerant laws in Syria. More like the west than Saudia Arabia. this is a fact. AND many go to put a boot on the neck of the Chruch as I've posted elsewhere.
It seems you support the less extreme actions in general. But suadi Arbia is no pradise of freedom , the tryanny there is not THAT much less awful. why would you consider that Assads acts are so bad that Saudis should attack the gov't of THAT country when Saudi Arabia is basically a faux religious police state.

Look at the record objectively and you'll find that
1. most of the attacks come from the Muslims. 2. Attacks from Christians are usually retaliation.
3. Boko Haram is a Muslim group dedicated to the practice there is no such Christian group.
to say that it's not in your name is fine but to deny that the source of the violence begins and continues with Muslims is just denial in this case

Some Muslims after the fact tried to help the Christians and called for Muslims to stop attacking Churches. But that's to my point. What Motivates a MUSLIMS specifically AROUND THE WORLD to attack Churches, Synagogues, Buddhist Temples, ETC. when they get an upper hand politically?
to call them all thugs misinformed idiots uneducated whatever is fine but don't you think that there is SOMETHING in Islam that obviously is triggering and nursing this mindset. You may not want to see it but it's obvious to others.

When Christians become the dominate force in a country you don't see Christian "thugs" hitting the street looking for Mosque to burn and Muslims to beat up.
How many Sikh "idiots" do you hear of in the news attacking Mosques chanting the name of their religious leaders or god?

I understand that it's not MANY Muslims, but there is SOMETHINGS in ISLAM that gives SOME Muslims the IDEA that Killing beating and subjugating thoses of faiths is the GOOD and RIGHT THING to do.

[QUOTE]Perhaps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achtiname_of_Muhammad needs to be a reminder of how Christians should be treated?
We already love the Prophet Jesus who is one of God's most messengers :)

Well if Muslims Love Jesus so much why don't they follow his words?
"Do unto others as you have other do unto you?"
Instead of putting a TAX on the "people of the book" that love Jesus -cough- at lest as well?
Seems a bit out of synch. Not to mention the MUSLIM IDIOTS that want to kill everyone who's not Muslim, while loving the messenger Jesus of course.

BTW do Muslims love Isaiah 9, where the Son is call Mighty God and Everlasting Father?

jafar00
10-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Some Muslims after the fact tried to help the Christians and called for Muslims to stop attacking Churches. But that's to my point. What Motivates a MUSLIMS specifically AROUND THE WORLD to attack Churches, Synagogues, Buddhist Temples, ETC. when they get an upper hand politically? to call them all thugs misinformed idiots uneducated whatever is fine but don't you think that there is SOMETHING in Islam that obviously is triggering and nursing this mindset. You may not want to see it but it's obvious to others.

Islam actually forbids attacking Churches and Synagogues. It is something else that triggers such actions.

When Christians become the dominate force in a country you don't see Christian "thugs" hitting the street looking for Mosque to burn and Muslims to beat up.
How many Sikh "idiots" do you hear of in the news attacking Mosques chanting the name of their religious leaders or god?

There are Christian thugs all throughout the world in particular in Africa. Even in the US with abortion clinic attacks or that incident where a Muslim stepped in to help a Jew being beaten up by Christian thugs because he wish them Happy Hanukkah.

Then there is the highly insulting, extremist evangelist intellectual beat up of Islam across countless websites of hate. That beat up has been physical and quite brutal throughout history.

I understand that it's not MANY Muslims, but there is SOMETHINGS in ISLAM that gives SOME Muslims the IDEA that Killing beating and subjugating thoses of faiths is the GOOD and RIGHT THING to do.

There is nothing in Islam to support their actions.

Well if Muslims Love Jesus so much why don't they follow his words?
"Do unto others as you have other do unto you?"
Instead of putting a TAX on the "people of the book" that love Jesus -cough- at lest as well?
Seems a bit out of synch. Not to mention the MUSLIM IDIOTS that want to kill everyone who's not Muslim, while loving the messenger Jesus of course.

We follow Jesus's message. The original one, not the corrupt version you call the bible.

We have discussed Jizya. It was a tax guaranteeing protection from invaders, social services for the poor and exclusion from military duty, other taxes that Muslims pay, and payable only by men of puberty or older. Not women, children or those without the means.

Muslims also pay but it is called Zakat. Jizya has not been imposed (legitimately) since the 1800s anyway so I fail to see why it is such a burning issue now.

BTW do Muslims love Isaiah 9, where the Son is call Mighty God and Everlasting Father?

How do Christians like ...

Thereupon Mary pointed to the child. They exclaimed: "How can we speak to one who is in the cradle, a mere child?"
"I am a servant of God," he answered. "He has given me a Book and made me a prophet,
And blessed me wherever I may be, and enjoined on me worship and zakat for as long as I live,
And be dutiful to my mother. He has not made me haughty or rebellious.
There was peace on me the day I was born, and will be the day I die, and on the day I will be raised from the dead."
This was Jesus, son of Mary: A true account they contend about.
It does not behove God to have a son. Too immaculate is He! When He decrees a thing He has only to say: "Be", and it is.
(Jesus only said:) "Surely God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. This is the straight path."
Yet the sects differed among themselves. Alas for the unbelievers when they see the Terrible Day!
How keenly would they hear and see when they come before Us then, even though today the evil-doers are lost in palpable error.
Warn them of that day of pining when all matters will have been settled, though they would still be unaware and unbelieving (of the truth). (19:29-39)