PDA

View Full Version : You people have it all wrong.

gabosaurus
10-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Not that I expected anything different, but nevertheless incorrect. Obama is not the person shutting down the government and all its related services. CONGRESS has shut down everything by refusing to reach an agreement. Obama has not acted on anything.
Once again, take out references to Obamacare and there will be a compromise.

Carry on anyway, though. I know you have to bitch and moan about something Obama related. The talking heads always need fuel for their diatribes.

Nukeman
10-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Not that I expected anything different, but nevertheless incorrect. Obama is not the person shutting down the government and all its related services. CONGRESS has shut down everything by refusing to reach an agreement. Obama has not acted on anything.

Carry on anyway, though. I know you have to bitch and moan about something Obama related. The talking heads always need fuel for their diatribes.
Actually Gabs you have it wrong. the money was voted on and approved to fund the govt it was NOT ACCEPTED by the White House.
Here is a nice article by Thomas Sowell that sums it up nicely.

Even when it comes to something as basic, and apparently as simple and straightforward, as the question of who shut down the federal government, there are diametrically opposite answers, depending on whether you talk to Democrats or to Republicans.
There is really nothing complicated about the facts. The Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted all the money required to keep all government activities going -- except for ObamaCare.
This is not a matter of opinion. You can check the Congressional Record.
As for the House of Representatives' right to grant or withhold money, that is not a matter of opinion either. You can check the Constitution of the United States. All spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives, which means that Congressmen there have a right to decide whether or not they want to spend money on a particular government activity.
Whether ObamaCare is good, bad or indifferent is a matter of opinion. But it is a matter of fact that members of the House of Representatives have a right to make spending decisions based on their opinion.
ObamaCare is indeed "the law of the land," as its supporters keep saying, and the Supreme Court has upheld its Constitutionality.
But the whole point of having a division of powers within the federal government is that each branch can decide independently what it wants to do or not do, regardless of what the other branches do, when exercising the powers specifically granted to that branch by the Constitution.
The hundreds of thousands of government workers who have been laid off are not idle because the House of Representatives did not vote enough money to pay their salaries or the other expenses of their agencies -- unless they are in an agency that would administer ObamaCare.
Since we cannot read minds, we cannot say who -- if anybody -- "wants to shut down the government." But we do know who had the option to keep the government running and chose not to. The money voted by the House of Representatives covered everything that the government does, except for ObamaCare.
The Senate chose not to vote to authorize that money to be spent, because it did not include money for ObamaCare. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says that he wants a "clean" bill from the House of Representatives, and some in the media keep repeating the word "clean" like a mantra. But what is unclean about not giving Harry Reid everything he wants?
If Senator Reid and President Obama refuse to accept the money required to run the government, because it leaves out the money they want to run ObamaCare, that is their right. But that is also their responsibility.
http://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2013/10/04/who-shut-down-the-government-n1716292

I feel compelled to list the entire article so you can see EVERYTHING he said. Here is page 2.

You cannot blame other people for not giving you everything you want. And it is a fraud to blame them when you refuse to use the money they did vote, even when it is ample to pay for everything else in the government.
When Barack Obama keeps claiming that it is some new outrage for those who control the money to try to change government policy by granting or withholding money, that is simply a bald-faced lie. You can check the history of other examples of "legislation by appropriation" as it used to be called.
Whether legislation by appropriation is a good idea or a bad idea is a matter of opinion. But whether it is both legal and not unprecedented is a matter of fact.
Perhaps the biggest of the big lies is that the government will not be able to pay what it owes on the national debt, creating a danger of default. Tax money keeps coming into the Treasury during the shutdown, and it vastly exceeds the interest that has to be paid on the national debt.
Even if the debt ceiling is not lifted, that only means that government is not allowed to run up new debt. But that does not mean that it is unable to pay the interest on existing debt.
None of this is rocket science. But unless the Republicans get their side of the story out -- and articulation has never been their strong suit -- the lies will win. More important, the whole country will lose.

aboutime
10-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Actually Gabs you have it wrong. the money was voted on and approved to fund the govt it was NOT ACCEPTED by the White House.
Here is a nice article by Thomas Sowell that sums it up nicely.

http://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2013/10/04/who-shut-down-the-government-n1716292

Nukeman. Just show gabby this site/link: http://usgovernmentrevenue.com From the Gov she loves.

glockmail
10-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Gabs you're such a dumbass. :laugh:

aboutime
10-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Gabs you're such a dumbass.

glockmail. Thank you! You took the words right out of my mouth, and saved me a scolding from jimnyc. :laugh: Besides. Most of us knew that about her, long before you, so honestly stated it.

gabosaurus
10-16-2013, 06:27 PM

Obama doesn't have a vote. He can make suggestions, but he doesn't have a vote. That has to be done by members of Congress.

hjmick
10-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Obama doesn't have a vote. He can make suggestions, but he doesn't have a vote. That has to be done by members of Congress.

Are you saying the White House did not have discussions about what should and should not be closed? Discussions with the people who would handle the closures?

Kathianne
10-16-2013, 07:03 PM

Actually he has all the power of what is open and closed, those are 'enforcement' powers. While he personally isn't telling so and so where to send folks, it is from the executive branch that the orders come. He tells the top dogs what he wants accomplished, they interpret and deploy.

Missileman
10-16-2013, 07:15 PM
The Republican-led House passed the funding for the government, the Dem-led Senate wouldn't even vote on it so it could be sent to Obama to sign. I have a few questions for you Gab: 1. Do you think the House is there just to rubber stamp only what Obama and Reid want passed? 2. Don't you think the House should get some of the things they want into law? 3. Aren't you upset that our president doesn't offer even one proposal that will keep us from requiring even more debt limit increases in the future? 4. If the House and Senate is just supposed to rubber stamp a debt limit increase without question or concession every time it comes up, why bother with a debt limit at all? 5. Do you honestly believe the feds can keep spending money like they have been without permanent damage to the nation and our future generations? 6. Aren't you ashamed of your partisan propaganda machine, AKA the lame stream media, for not asking Obama these same questions?

aboutime
10-16-2013, 07:31 PM

Wrong again gabby. OBAMA has the VETO pen. Doesn't matter which house of Congress submits anything. He has the final word, and his vice dumbo becomes the President of the Senate, where he casts the TIE BREAKING votes...for his boss.

gabosaurus
10-16-2013, 08:12 PM
The Republican-led House passed the funding for the government, the Dem-led Senate wouldn't even vote on it so it could be sent to Obama to sign.

They passed funding that eliminated Obama. You can't give someone a poison apple and expect them to eat it just because you tell them to. Remove the poison apple and pass the plate back.

Missileman
10-16-2013, 08:24 PM
They passed funding that eliminated Obama. You can't give someone a poison apple and expect them to eat it just because you tell them to. Remove the poison apple and pass the plate back.
Subsequent bills did exactly that with only small concessions asked for by the house, including the delay of the medical device tax and making members of the federal government "enjoy" the same Obamacare that most Americans will have to endure. The Pres and Reid would have none of it.
BTW, where are your answers to my questions?

gabosaurus
10-16-2013, 08:29 PM
BTW, where are your answers to my questions?

My answer makes the other questions irrelevant.

Missileman
10-16-2013, 08:31 PM
My answer makes the other questions irrelevant.

Not even in the slightest, though I suspected when I wrote them that you'd never have the integrity to honestly answer them. My suspicions were well founded.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Obama doesn't have a vote. He can make suggestions, but he doesn't have a vote. That has to be done by members of Congress. Really?? Congress has the purse Gabby. They are exercising that as we speak which is a Constitution act on their part.. Obama however is shutting down things in spite and to do harm to the citizenry in order to try to gain more support to force Congress to change and agree to fund his baby monster -obamascare-!! In doing deliberate harm to the citizenry in such a manner he abrogates his Presidential responsibility and deliberately breaks his oath of office(nothing new about that) which qualifies as treason in my book and any book that understands the high level of decency, honor and conduct the office of the President of this nation is required to hold!--Tyr

aboutime
10-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Really?? Congress has the purse Gabby. They are exercising that as we speak which is a Constitution act on their part.. Obama however is shutting down things in spite and to do harm to the citizenry in order to try to gain more support to force Congress to change and agree to fund his baby monster -obamascare-!! In doing deliberate harm to the citizenry in such a manner he abrogates his Presidential responsibility and deliberately breaks his oath of office(nothing new about that) which qualifies as treason in my book and any book that understands the high level of decency, honor and conduct the office of the President of this nation is required to hold!--Tyr

ATTENTION PLEASE? May we all observe a MOMENT OF SILENCE in respect to the failure of gabby's mental capacity to operate while sitting, standing, running, or sleeping.
AMEN.

SassyLady
10-17-2013, 03:23 AM
Gabby ... the buck stops with the president. Please do not think that he didn't have anything to do with the government shutting down. Even if it was Valerie Jones giving the orders, it still comes from the top down. His party of power is there to enact his vision and he wanted the government shut down to cause pain to Americans so he could gain the power he needed to get what he wanted. Anyone who doesn't believe this is misguided. I won't say he is the only one responsible but he certainly could have made sure it didn't shut down by giving leadership to Americans and not just to his party.

DragonStryk72
10-17-2013, 04:27 AM

No, they didn't. You keep saying that, but it doesn't make it any more true. They offered to fund every piece of the government and delay the ACA until the rest of it came into play next year.

Jeff
10-17-2013, 07:15 AM
No, they didn't. You keep saying that, but it doesn't make it any more true. They offered to fund every piece of the government and delay the ACA until the rest of it came into play next year.

Funny thing about Liberals they only see what they want and only believe half of that

glockmail
10-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Gabs is trying to debate, how hilarious. It's like watching a puppy try to play ping-pong. :laugh:

bingster
10-17-2013, 02:45 PM
The Republican-led House passed the funding for the government, the Dem-led Senate wouldn't even vote on it so it could be sent to Obama to sign. I have a few questions for you Gab: 1. Do you think the House is there just to rubber stamp only what Obama and Reid want passed? 2. Don't you think the House should get some of the things they want into law? 3. Aren't you upset that our president doesn't offer even one proposal that will keep us from requiring even more debt limit increases in the future? 4. If the House and Senate is just supposed to rubber stamp a debt limit increase without question or concession every time it comes up, why bother with a debt limit at all? 5. Do you honestly believe the feds can keep spending money like they have been without permanent damage to the nation and our future generations? 6. Aren't you ashamed of your partisan propaganda machine, AKA the lame stream media, for not asking Obama these same questions?

No, actually the Senate did vote on it after they stripped out the "poison pill". They sent it back to the House and they refused to vote on it. 1. Do you think the Senate should rubber stamp everything the minority in House wants? 2. Don't you think the Senate should get some things they want in the bill? 3. WTF? The president has offered different budget proposals that would push off the debt limit more into the future. A bill that would prevent it forever is a pipe dream. 4. why bother having a debt limit at all? All economists say it ought to go away. Nobody has ever seriously threatened it in the past. Most countries don't have one. 5. We should negotiate for a better budget, just not with a gun to our head. 6. Dumb questions.

bingster
10-17-2013, 02:47 PM

Delay, defund, repeal are all the same things. People are buying the policies right now. Delaying the individual mandate would throw off the entire price structure of the whole thing. All contracts with the insurance companies are contingent on that mandate.

bingster
10-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Gabby ... the buck stops with the president. Please do not think that he didn't have anything to do with the government shutting down. Even if it was Valerie Jones giving the orders, it still comes from the top down. His party of power is there to enact his vision and he wanted the government shut down to cause pain to Americans so he could gain the power he needed to get what he wanted. Anyone who doesn't believe this is misguided. I won't say he is the only one responsible but he certainly could have made sure it didn't shut down by giving leadership to Americans and not just to his party.

That makes me laugh out loud every time I see that bullsh1t. The Tea Party isn't going to be led by this president. A large part of your party think he's a muslim (which is proof of racism, by the way. If it wasn't, who would care?). A large part of your party doesn't think he was born here. A large part of your party thinks his election was stolen. You can't lead a crazy herd of cats!

aboutime
10-17-2013, 02:52 PM
That makes me laugh out loud every time I see that bullsh1t. The Tea Party isn't going to be led by this president. A large part of your party think he's a muslim (which is proof of racism, by the way. If it wasn't, who would care?). A large part of your party doesn't think he was born here. A large part of your party thinks his election was stolen. You can't lead a crazy herd of cats!

bingster. So....stop MEooowing!

jimnyc
10-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Amazing how both sides complain of the other delaying or not voting on something that could fix at least some of these issues. And people post the exact votes and why these things happened. And then some want to solely blame one side while absolving the other.

I think both sides are playing politics with all of this. Both sides are refusing to compromise with the other. But as we've heard with past presidents - WHO is in charge, where does the buck stop? Who is responsible for getting both parties talking amicably? Well, that person had opted "non-negotiable" in regard to discussions. As a result, the shutdown. Failures from all sides AND ultimately our president.

Kathianne
10-17-2013, 02:56 PM

and your response makes me lol! While Boehner may need to compromise with the minority of his party, Obama doesn't and hasn't. The rest of your post is just strawman points.

aboutime
10-17-2013, 03:08 PM
and your response makes me lol! While Boehner may need to compromise with the minority of his party, Obama doesn't and hasn't. The rest of your post is just strawman points.

Kathianne. As we have all seen with many other wannabe members from the past. Bingster is merely enjoying his 15 minutes of Self-Deprecating fame.

Trigg
10-17-2013, 04:05 PM

OMG republicans don't like Obama, it's RACISM :laugh:

I shake my head every time a lib says this, guess what every time there is a dem president the republicans are against his ideology and every time there is a republican president the dems are against his ideology. It isn't racism, it's politics. :lame2:

Obama ran on transparency and even a few in the MSM will admit that this is the most closed administration they have encountered.

SassyLady
10-17-2013, 11:24 PM

A large part of MY party??? Who are you and why do you presume to know what party I belong to?

Tell you what ... I'll use your tactics of throwing everyone and everything in the same pot .... A large part of your party just want to lay on their lazy asses and collect benefits and could care less about the survival of this country. A large part of your party thinks Obama is the anointed one. A large part of your party knows the election was stolen and are continuing to smirk about it to this day. The only good thing about a minority of your party is that they are beginning to regain their common sense and see this presidency for what it truly is ..... a mockery of American leadership.

I hope you feel this type of generalizing and trying to shame people to think as you do is asinine.

Once again .... "who are you???"

glockmail
10-18-2013, 07:56 AM
... A large part of your party think he's a muslim (which is proof of racism, by the way...)...

Religion is a racial issue? You dumbass. :lol:

Jeff
10-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Religion is a racial issue? You dumbass. :lol:

When a President says he is a Christian and vows to find a church by Easter ( 5 years ago and still hasn't ) him being a Muslim has nothing to do with racism it has all to do with his integrity , he is a liar and will even lie about religion

Larrymc
10-18-2013, 11:01 AM

Carry on anyway, though. I know you have to bitch and moan about something Obama related. The talking heads always need fuel for their diatribes.Ok i have seen you ridiculed here, unfairly it seemed until now, it doesn't take a lot of sense to see the Congress would not move on anything that Obama clearly said he would not sign, because doing so would put them in direct opposition to Obama can't let the good and will of the Citizens cause them to appear divided, at least the Republicans division is caused by two different veiws of how to get whats best for the citizens. This why the Democrats stay strong they stay true to Party damn the people the County fiscal responsibility ect ect.

glockmail
10-18-2013, 12:06 PM
When a President says he is a Christian and vows to find a church by Easter ( 5 years ago and still hasn't ) him being a Muslim has nothing to do with racism it has all to do with his integrity , he is a liar and will even lie about religion

Exactly. I don't care what religion he is, just be honest about it.

Larrymc
10-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Exactly. I don't care what religion he is, just be honest about it.I know Democrats think There Faith and Politics are two separate things, but does God really excuse sin under the guise of Politics, while that sounds awfully convenient i think its for from the truth, You can't Champion for Gay Rights, Marriage, and Murdering Baby's and and assume that the same God you claim to Believe in will excuse you because your a Politician, just trying to get votes. Being a Politician affords you much more than anyone deserves, in this country, but it can't forgive sin.

aboutime
10-18-2013, 01:27 PM
I know Democrats think There Faith and Politics are two separate things, but does God really excuse sin under the guise of Politics, while that sounds awfully convenient i think its for from the truth, You can't Champion for Gay Rights, Marriage, and Murdering Baby's and and assume that the same God you claim to Believe in will excuse you because your a Politician, just trying to get votes. Being a Politician affords you much more than anyone deserves, in this country, but it can't forgive sin.

Larrymc. bingster can't help it. Obviously, other than intentionally trying to cause all kinds of hate, and discontent here. bingster lives a miserable, frustrating, mentally challenged life. And coming here is the only safety net of anonymity bingster has to Impress his otherwise sickening life.